It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Can you star your own posts and flag your own threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:09 PM
link   
There was this discussion on another thread when someone asked if a member can star their own posts.

You can't star your own posts or flag your own threads and the next question is how then a poster gets a lot of stars in a post they made very shortly after they posted. I can think of two possible scenarios.

1) There is group of other posters who star each other no matter what the post is.

2) The poster has multiple accounts and operates them from different devices.

Both of the above can happen at the same time but I am excluding the case where a post is good and gets starred. The question is what happens when the same poster gets starred again and again very shortly after they posted even when their posts are insignificant. It looks suspicious

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Arkapi

dam , why have you made 2 threads and copied and pasted the exact same thing, are you trying to amass stars and flags, i replied in your first thread, I am sorry to say, I hope this one gets removed, nothing worse than copy paste, bad form man

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   

One thread is usually sufficient.

The answer is no. If you try to star yourself, it will appear you have done so, but will disappear the moment you refresh the page. You can't flag yourself either.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

The answer is no. If you try to star yourself, it will appear you have done so, but will disappear the moment you refresh the page. You can't flag yourself either.

That is the correct answer.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think you may be onto something with your number one guess.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

What are flags?

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:28 PM
link   
"There is group of other posters who star each other no matter what the post is."

Pot. Kettle.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Asked and answered.
and
Closed.

join