It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need another favor

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   
A while back I asked for prayer for my Sister who had cancer and you folks came through with flying colors!! She is doing well, back to work full time and enjoying life. I firmly believe that you guys had something to do with that and you have my heartfelt thanks.

My wife and I came to Central Illinois to visit the kids and in laws for a couple of days and were going to leave today, but tragedy struck. We went to my wife's parents at 8 AM yesterday, sat around and talked and looked at blankets. My MIL LOVES to sew and has over 100 handmade blankets. She gives them away and uses that as a reason to make more. We were there till about10 and they had somewhere to go, so we said " See ya tomorrow " and went about our day, intending to stop by before we left. Everything was perfectly normal.

We got a call at 4 PM that she had had a massive heart attack. 100% blockage of an artery, what they call a " widow maker"

She is in Cardiac ICU and it's touch and go. Hour by hour and they can't make any promises.

She is the definition of " tough ol broad". She is the Matriarch of my wife's family. She is "the glue that binds"
There are not many people in this world that I like and respect.... She is one of them.

So if you would please, say a prayer for her. Her name is JoAnn.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
I hope she comes through it pal .. I’m not religious but I will send positive thoughts .. my MIL is in hospital after having a stroke and also has cancer .. life’s hard as fck sometimes but stay positive and hopefully it gets better ❤️

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Sending JoAnn a prayer and healing thoughts of a quick recovery.
❤️‍🩹

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
DP
edit on 6-12-2023 by Nofear51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

May your MIL swiftly return to good health.

Sorry to hear this; I'm sure it was a shock for you and your wife.

--Cav

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Absolutely! Hope she recovers well and full.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

My most profound thoughts and prayers for your MIL, DAVID64, and for the whole family to stay united and strong.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I have been there, had that, and, quite literally...got the T-shirt to prove it, about 20 years ago.

Sending prayers.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Many prayers sent your way.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Praying for JoAnn now.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
yes

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Consider it done.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   
She sounds like a lot of fun. It's a good sign that she's still here after that one. Stay positive, prayers OTW.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I am happy to do so, David-and as a quilter I'll be praying she comes through and kicks you azz for calling a quilt a 'blanket'. Hopefully, she'll be explaining the difference to you soon!

Praying for strength for all family members and friends as well.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Prayers of health and speedy recovery sent.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Sorry to hear of this happening. I am glad that your sister is doing well anyway.

Someone here may have some influence with those who write the script of our reality...I am confident it is not me but I will say a prayer anyway. Maybe all the prayers from everyone will give the strength to heal, an accumulative healing.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Father God, thank you for JoAnn and her loved ones. I speak health to infuse her heart, all plaque in blocked artery to dissolve now and cause no harm to JoAnn. All arteries, veins, brain, heart and lungs function perfectly. I also speak over all family members for peace, confidence and trust. Thank you Holy Spirit! In the name of Jesus, amen.
edit on 7-12-2023 by BukkaWukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BukkaWukka

Father God, thank you for JoAnn and her loved ones. I speak health to infuse her heart, all plaque in blocked artery to dissolve now and cause no harm to JoAnn. All arteries, veins, brain, heart and lungs function perfectly. I also speak over all family members for peace, confidence and trust. Thank you Holy Spirit! In the name of Jesus, amen.

Amen!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Prayers, stated, done.

God Speed for recovery.

posted on Dec, 7 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Explanation: Prayer eh? ...

Probing the Power of Prayer Surprising results follow a study on praying for others. [WebMD]

Measuring Marvels Using a lengthy list of events that could happen to cardiac patients -- such as chest pains, pneumonia, infection, and death -- Harris concluded that the group receiving prayers fared 11% better than the group that didn't, a number considered statistically significant.

The power of prayer: Science proves it works, has positive physiological effects [FoxNews]

Marilyn Schlitz, Ph.D., and lecturer at Harvard, says, “It's clear from the correlational studies within the epidemiology data that positive relationships exist between religious and spiritual practice and health outcomes on a variety of different conditions.” Moreover, she says that in a study and confirmation study on intercessory prayer, “the prayer groups had statistically significant improvements in outcome, suggesting that the intervention has clinical relevance.”

Personal Disclosure: Praying for JoAnn now!

Oh Lord, I rarely pray in public, I have no tongue for it, but please look down upon your faithful servant JoAnn and bless her with health and speed her recovery! Amen!

top topics

join