It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Tax Cuts to Expire in 2025

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

12 to 15 is a 20% increase

12 to 20 is a 40% increase

So I’d imagine it would be a difference. Though, we could argue the cost of goods would go up if all employers paid people more.

The problem with the 15 minimum is that if let's say we go from 10 to 15 minimum then the guy we hire tomorrow will now get 15, and the guy who started at 10 and now 5 years later is at 16 will still get 16. There is no escalation of 5 dollars to everyone else's pay.

What is worse is they cut positions and put others on part-time with no benefits to make up the difference in expenses. The guy who was making 16 per hour working 40+ per week is now working 30 with no 401k, health benefits, PTO, etc. Full-time workers cost a company about 50% more than they pay in the benefits they also provide, part-time get no benefits.

The reality is the full-time get laid off and the new hires are all part-time making 15 per hour. win win

edit on x31Tue, 05 Dec 2023 18:55:34 -06002023338America/ChicagoTue, 05 Dec 2023 18:55:34 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
How can any person with the intelligence of a potato or greater, choose Joe Biden over any Republican candidate?

www.foxnews.com...

I’d vote for Daffy Duck before I’d vote for Biden. Yes, the actual cartoon Daffy.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Can’t argue that. If the government mandates a minimum wage increase, it would just be passed to consumers on consumables, which those same employees spend most of their money on.

My point was more that the difference in wage would be felt for them, at least temporarily.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If that 15 was for a 40 hour work week. Some OT. Now most are lucky to get 30 because the companies do not want to offer benefits (thank you Obamacare).

A single mom with 2 kids making 15 an hour for 32 hours a week gets assistance. A single person does not and will pay more in taxes.

Rent averages in cities is 2k. Smaller cities maybe 1k. That is only rent. No utilities, sometimes shared space. Not what we had in American even 20 years ago.

It is getting worse. Choking the middle class. The working class. The last piece that needs to fall for total control.

If my wife and i decided to divorce instead of 1800 a month for health care she could be covered by the government (it is good healthcare with subsidies) and I would pay 200. She could also get EBT. WTF not everyone else is...

because the American Dream is not being sold anymore. It is there but it is not the same as it was. If you want it you are shamed.

That is America today.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

If that 15 was for a 40 hour work week. Some OT. Now most are lucky to get 30 because the companies do not want to offer benefits (thank you Obamacare).

I agree Obamacare screwed up a good system, but if you are single with two kids only making 15 per hour with low skills you are doing all kinds of wrong choices.

Rent averages in cities is 2k. Smaller cities maybe 1k. That is only rent. No utilities, sometimes shared space. Not what we had in American even 20 years ago.

Back in the 80s until mid 90s I had a roommate. Single living is a luxury not a right. Get two roommates and cost goes down a good deal. My kid in college cost me about 450 a month with two roommates.

The whole world works on sharing costs, except America where people feel they deserve privacy but can’t afford it.

because the American Dream is not being sold anymore. It is there but it is not the same as it was. If you want it you are shamed.

That is America today.

I disagree somewhat, join a better company. Mine have been either free with copays or 200 or less a month with copays, and about 500 for the whole family.

People also need to move to where the jobs are, to just live in a depressed area and complain that jobs suck, well no sh!t.

I moved across the country to start a new job and a new adventure, but then I lived all over the world when I was in the military.

Every decade people should be better off than before and if not then I think they are not doing things right.

BTW looking up 15 per hour is about 25k per year and taxes on that is under 5% after deductions for a single person, so like a little over 1000 bucks. I see only 55% of my pay per pay check and hopefully break even on taxes at the end of the year.
edit on x31Wed, 06 Dec 2023 09:11:59 -06002023339America/ChicagoWed, 06 Dec 2023 09:11:59 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Why does the government push for 15 hour minimum? More Taxes. Do any of you really think it is a live changer now to go from 12 to 15 or even 20 an hour. No.

That was the big push to get women in the work force too. Make being a stay at home mother seem like a failure in life. Give up a family life for a career that by the time they hit 45 realize they have no one in their life but a paycheck and a 401k, oh and cats…lol

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Can’t argue that. If the government mandates a minimum wage increase, it would just be passed to consumers on consumables, which those same employees spend most of their money on.

My point was more that the difference in wage would be felt for them, at least temporarily.

It is definitely temporary, When I was living in the North West and they raised the min to 15 any cost dealing with customer service saw a 20% or more increase in cost to the customer. I couldn't even go out and order a large pizza with three beers and bearly keep it under 100 bucks. Beers that were 5 bucks jumped to 7 or 8, Pizza was now 40+, 8.5% sales tax, 3.5% employee healthcare tax, 20% auto-added tip.

The people screwed over are everyone who makes at least a cent more than 15 bucks as costs jump 20%.

edit on x31Wed, 06 Dec 2023 13:56:03 -06002023339America/ChicagoWed, 06 Dec 2023 13:56:03 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join