It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I witnessed a genuine miracle this morning in response to prayer with the brethren..!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Amazing what a bit of faith can achieve especially in a positive manner

But was it faith or the dolar? Love the caveat, as faiths capability to make people do things they otherwise wouldn't really shines when we look at what it achieves in a negative manner...

They seemed to be getting results with their faith healing on members , I don't remember all the details now nearly half a century later but hey it worked for them , so who am I to knock it .

And as I heard so many times as a kid ( the Lord works in mysterious ways ) maybe a bit of faith in something can go a long way .

My take on it to people is positive mental thinking !!

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Although I cannot honestly claim to be any variety of Christian, I fully support people of faith and acknowledge there is real power that can be drawn from spirituality. I will always speak to protect churches of various faiths because faith and spirituality is what civilized humankind from animals. They are a place where community comes together for the sake of the community.

It would be a sad day for all humankind if faith ever disappeared and people forget about their spirituality. I also would never condone or advocate for closures of houses of worship solely as an anti religion thing. I mean if there was a criminal operation using g one as a front, that is altogether different.

Humankind, despite differences in opinion are better off when they can worship freely, I truly believe this despite having no religious affiliations. I am not an atheist either.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I don't doubt the effect faith has on our body, but the church didn't go tits up because of a lack of faith but because of dollars...

positive mental thinking !

Same as placebo unfortunately negative thoughts coupled with faith has a negative effect...

I think reality is Psychosomatic in nature...

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

I don't doubt the effect faith has on our body, but the church didn't go tits up because of a lack of faith but because of dollars...

positive mental thinking !

Same as placebo unfortunately negative thoughts coupled with faith has a negative effect...

I think reality is Psychosomatic in nature...

They were not short of a few bucks that crew and owned the building and land , when the plate was passed round for donations it really was all big notes that went on it , at the time a man's weekly wage was 30 to 40 quid if that many were putting in 50 pound notes lots of twenties ikyn , it was the extreme way they practiced the religion that would turn many away from it .

When I worked on a Sunday one time aged 17 I came home to my suitcase at the door, I promptly moved in with my then 26 year old girlfriend
, I think in my grandparents simple mind they imagined we held hands lol .

The older people were really extreme in their thinking and actions and you really had to sit in a session in a Free Presbyterian Church and listen to the singing ( wee frees ) it is where blacks got the gospel music vibe from .

There was a television comedian joke vicar called the Reverend I M Jolly that pulled the mickey out of it all www.bing.com...

I have never come across a more devoid of emotion people in my life than those people around this general area who were church goers until they were at their church or hall meetings hence the joke reverend I M jolly and the twice I messed up as a young boy I distinctly remember to this day my copy of frigging in the rigging by the sex pistols that I played at loud volume when I had the house to myself somehow got mixed up with Jim reeves the old rugged cross that my grandmother played to her little band of 12 or so that came back to our for extra bible readings and tea .

The other was me making a joke as Billy Graham's funeral was on television and it going down like a lead balloon, yet they tell me that he did not die until quite recently? ??? But other members of this forum years ago remember it exactly as I do and they were American . Dolly had braces BTW

What ever those people were doing they were getting results at the end of the day and I do get the depiction of Adam in the cistine Chappel in Rome

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

That's what I thought!

posted on Dec, 14 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

It's both you and your Creator Yahweh!
Wonderful story to read, it's amazing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join