It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moscow police begin nightime raids looking for LGBTQ+ people

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Opossum19
a reply to: Mahogani
I don't think they should get violent but it's hard to feel sorry for light groups they treat regular people like garbage.

That’s more true for the Russian government than their citizens.

Drafting their people and sending them off to war right as their country was rebounding from the Cold War. Dissidents get killed or jailed.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Except it also says in the Bible that the punishment is death if a man lays with another man as he would a woman. And of course, people forget that Jesus also said he came not to abolish the old law, but to uphold it!

Yea, I see the same people and institutions enforcing the abolishment of charging interest too.

Many dogmatic religious people just cherry pick what their book tells them to do to fit their own agenda.

That’s why I’m glad we make such an effort to govern separately from religion in the west.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Oh I could not care less about what the Bible says outside the Ten Commandments. However, if we are going to pretend that Christianity does not condone the persecution of homosexuals, I simply have to point out that, it in fact does condone this behavior.

However, I will yield to the fact that it mentioned men specifically. So based on the wording, ladies with a lick her license are free and clear from the death penalty, according to the bible.
edit on 12-2-2023 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Christianity also points out that God is the only one who can measure someone’s heart and determine their eternal fate. It also notes that many sins are seen equally, including judging other humans.

The macro of Christianity is about forgiveness and accepting Jesus, not killing people for individual victimless sins.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

It's different for us in the USA.

While you are correct in what the Bible says, we do not rule our nation through religion. The Church and State are separate, for the benefit of both. It is to protect both of them that the separation is absolutely necessary.

Under the Constitution, all religions are equal in the US, and every person has the right to believe in anything they want, even Flat Earth Theory. Anything at all. And they can even make that a religion if they want and get tax breaks.

But that can only be preserved if no religion becomes the main religion. If one religion starts making state laws, then all other religious rights suffer and are not equal. And that is not allowed, they all have to be equal.

So we are secular. Russia is not so much. Maybe you can update us on Russia's Constitution and explain if they the same religious protections. I know the Russian Orthodoxy is very powerful and meddles in politics often. The politicians promote church policy, so the two are really intermingled in Russia. Putin often meets with the Patriarch and takes advice. Putin says he has a vision of an Orthodox Russia.

“Putin has been putting forward this concept of the so-called Russian World and that concept is grounded in Russian Orthodoxy,” Victoria Smolkin, associate professor of history at Wesleyan University, told CNN.

“The Russian World is wherever there are Russian speakers, the Russian World is wherever there is a Russian church – it does not acknowledge existing political borders,” Smolkin said.

If this Russian World that Putin envisions also includes the Orthodoxy becoming the official religion of Russia, then I can see how the Bible might dictate what happens to gay people there.

But that won't happen here in the US, while the Constitution stands and there are people to protect it.

edit on 2-12-2023 by Mahogani because: freudian slip

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Right, and it also teaches that Jesus is God, and Jesus said he has come not to abolish the old laws but to enforce them.

hey look, your talking to a guy who believes Jesus was an extraterrestrial entity that tried to white knight for primitive apes and got dumped by his people for violating some rule against just such behavior. Like a spy that got caught and is disavowed by his government.

I just think that the writing in the Bible is quite clear and Chrsitians who try and dance around jesus's own words clearly believe jesus was wrong if they are defending homosexuality. Either Christians accept what Jesus said, or they arent really Christian now are they??

I am not Christian by the way, but having been dragged to Catholic church for years as a child, the hypocrisy of the faith was obvious to me then, obviously more so now.

Thats fine I was only pointing to the Biblical rationale for the Russian actions. I get along with homosexuals as I would with anyone else. There are members here who could verify that personally. However, The flaming ones get under my skin with their arrogant teenage girl attitudes, but its easy enough to avoid people like that.
edit on 12-2-2023 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Right, and it also teaches that Jesus is God, and Jesus said he has come not to abolish the old laws but to enforce them.

Well, you are half right. Jesus is indeed God, but he did not say he was here to enforce the old laws. He said he was here to fulfill the law. Huge difference. All you have to do is look at the definitions of the two words. To fulfill is to bring to completion. Nice try though.

Shouldn’t talk about things you know nothing about to try and prove a point, let alone twist the word of God to do it.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Topcraft

oh no.... Im caught!

I will never twist the word of God again. My bad ... it says what it says

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

I get along with homosexuals as I would with anyone else. There are members here who could verify that personally.

Just how personally could they verify that?

J/K... you can't get mad at that one, it was a good setup.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 07:43 PM
link   
When a person chooses to be a "Christian", they choose to follow the rules of the Bible.

Those rules don't apply to anyone but YOU!. Not the rest of us. And it's the reason there is a separation of Church and State in America. We are not obliged to live by the rules of the Bible. Just the secular laws that apply to everyone.

And why are people so determined to involve themselves in the private sexual preferences and practices of others? I'll never get it. It's kinda creepy if you think about it.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 12/3/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Yeah I saw that and was like "well it is certainly open to mis interpretation."
But it's the Internet, so who cares.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

Take it up with Jesus and Moses and whomever wrote those words in the Bible.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

I'm heterosexual and would be devastated if they passed a law outlawing holding hands with the person I love because there was a no tolerance policy for outward displays of affection like back in high school.

I can't imagine how stressful it must be for a loving couple to fear retaliation for showing a sign of union with their true love.

I saw a couple a few years ago holding hands as they passed me on the sidewalk and was overjoyed at the sight.

It's not something you see very often these days.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join