It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Based Elon Musk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Trigger warning: Elon Musk to boycotting advertisers: GFY. Some of you are not gonna like the directness, but I find it marvelously refreshing.

This is one of the most satisfying and interesting interviews I’ve ever seen. Despite the rather irksome obtuseness of the interviewer (he seems like a nice enough guy, at least
), I have found watching this nearly 1 ½ hour clip to be time very well spent and elucidating.

Simon Ateba on X: "FULL INTERVIEW: Elon Musk tells advertisers trying to boycott X, 'Go # Yourself', says, “What I see all over the place is people who care about looking good, while doing evil. # them,” says he will not vote for Joe Biden in 2024, says Tesla has done more to help the… t.co..." / X (twitter.com)

Some key quotes (language warning--Elon drops the F bomb on multiple occasions. Is it wrong that I found this to be part of the charm of this interview?)

Here is Elon Musk being based:

“What I care about is the reality of goodness, not the perception of it. And what I see all over the place is people who care about looking good while doing evil. F# them. Okay?”

“Of all the posts I’ve done on the platform, I think there might be 30,000 or something like that, once in a while, I’ll say something… foolish. And I have.”

If somebody’s gonna try to blackmail me with advertising blackmail me with money go f# yourself. Go - F# - Yourself. Is that clear? I hope it is. Hey Bob! If you’re in the audience. That’s how I feel. Don’t advertise.

Some more interesting ideas Musk fronted (might be slightly paraphrased):

Then I read Douglas Adam’s Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, which is a book of philosophy in the form of humor. The point is we don’t actually know what questions to ask. [...]
This is generally true in physics: at the point in which you can actually form the question, the answer is the easy part.

Consciousness key to understanding the meaning of life

Life has to be more than simply solving one sad problem after another. There have to be reasons to wake up in the morning and be happy to be alive [..] what gives you hope, and if you aren’t sure, ask your kids.

Nothing any of my companies has been to stifle competition; in fact we have done the opposite at Tesla, we have open-sourced our patents. At SpaceX we don’t use patents. We’ve done nothing anti-competitive.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
(I spent over an hour on this OP (watching and transcribing). I hope it's not closed because another poster beat me to the topic by a minute)

lol
edit on 1-12-2023 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
About time someone stands up these censors

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Some really interesting AI talk starting around the 35 min mark of that link

a reply to: Conspiratorial

Absolutely.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: zosimov

It's pretty obvious the advertisers (or one of their corporate knobslobbers) have Andrew's balls dangling on their keychain like those cute fuzzy dice. Probably wearing his backbone as a scarf too. I almost feel bad for him.

edit on 1-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I love my tesla

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Conspiratorial
About time someone stands up these censors

What censors?

These are advertisers. They pay Musk to advertise on his platform. They pay him. If they don't want to give him money, why should they? Is someone going to force them to give him money?

Everyone can spend their money any way they want to. We have a name for this thing.

edit on 1-12-2023 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 03:49 AM
link   

edit on -21600amp0520230258 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Twitter under the previous ownership censored factual information at the behest of the government, notably when it came to the failed covid response and Hunter Biden's laptop. The new ownership put an end to this policy and fired a large amount of the staff devoted to censorship. This gained the ire of officials and big media, who were also censoring and tailoring content in lock step with the government.

The advertisers who pulled their ads in a public display of virtue continue to support other platforms which pump out plenty of hateful and vile content (tiktok, for example). The advertisers are only pulling out of X due to the perception of goodness, not the reality (to paraphrase Musk).

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

W Elon

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Everyone can spend their money any way they want to. We have a name for this thing.

That’s not what they are doing and you know it, they are effectively sanctioning Twitter, in an attempt to get it to do what they want. Which is more like blackmail.

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
(I spent over an hour on this OP (watching and transcribing). I hope it's not closed because another poster beat me to the topic by a minute)

lol

Thank you for doing that. The part about graduating from a eukaryotic civilization to multi stellar, so that we can learn the proper questions instead of answering myopic riddles created by industrialists obsessed with their own revenue and not the next stage of human identity.

Here's another paraphrase from the video: "we're at the point where if we don't leave the planet and expand our society, we will face another extinction event. Either man made disaster or natural. It's only a matter of time"

And... He won't vote for Biden. Smartest man on earth.

edit on 3-12-2023 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

You're right--things started getting really good when he started talking about the fermi paradox and interstellar travel as a reason to be excited about and hopeful for the future.

Thanks for bringing this up!
(also agree 100% about how smart not voting for doddering, racist, "Build Back Better but wreck beyond all recognition first Biden" is)

edit on 3-12-2023 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

top topics

join