It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doodles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Jay Bird (blue pen doodle)

Posca Persian (acrylic marker doodle)

Heya: I haven't been doing much art as of late, since I dislocated my middle finger, but here's some stuff I doodled for fun anyway.

I made loads of mistakes, but didn't allow for erasures or correction as a sort of challenge. I'm not very good, but it's fun to do and cathartic to get one's creativity out in some fashion.

Kind of sucks, but hope it is interesting or fun to look at

Happy Friday, ATS

EDIT: here's a self-portrait I did in 2008 with graphite

edit on ❥12/23 by Abhorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Abhorsen

Very good, Abhorsen! I particularly like the jay, you gave it a wonderful expression.

Hope your finger mends soon and keep on doodling!

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Thank you kindly! I start physical therapy this Monday, finally. I hurt it the night after labor day all due to not closing the dishwasher door before bed and neglecting to turn on lights when getting a drink of water after midnight lol

Lesson learned, I suppose

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Your self portrait is enjoyable. The combo of the sparkle in the eyes coupled with the dimplishness where the mouth meets the cheek is wonderful. I tried looking at it from various assumptions as to what was going on behind those eyes and it was not easy to tell. Unscrupulousness? Nah. Deviousness? nah
Certainly a hopefulness of sorts, Ah, there it is, a coy anticipation. The left eye expresses wonder and the mouth expresses happiness. Maybe someone just made an intriguing gesture in her direction.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I love your work way better than anything I can do and I've been drawing since I was like 10.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   
The Posca Persian is beautiful! Love the vibrant colors

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Ooh, I missed the self portrait. Good analysis! I also see a mischievous, if not forbidden, thought in that expression. 🤔

Excellent, in any case!

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Yes, the word mischievousness just wouldn't come to mind, yes, a hesitant mischievousnes. An impishness.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

thank you! my art teacher took the reference photo with a polaroid camera. I was just posing randomly since I had no idea what to do

Your analysis is pretty accurate!

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Cre8chaos79

it gave me some troubles since I'm bad with waiting the few seconds it needs to dry before doing more coats

More pokemon to come! I have a wild pokemon giant plush collection and therefore lots of reference material. My baby has the giant arcanine in her room...and trainer size Sprigatito, Eevee, Cubone, Dragonite, Litten, Slowpoke, and sleeping Umbreon and Espeon. I wish the PokemonCenter would make giant Persian or Ponyta plush someday

lol maybe they'll end up holding their value. I got many of them for a steal..Giant six foot arcanine is a good reading nook. Haha watch my kid grows up and despises pokemon

I've been playing darn pokemon since the original gameboy games. I'm old

edit on ❥12/23 by Abhorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Wise move to leave the hairline off screen to avoid the; Hair plugs for men doll hair effect... That often comes with it.

edit on 1-12-2023 by crowf00t because: :p

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

It was the literal photo, lucky for me. This was a highschool assignment back in 2008. We had to copy a photo taken of us exactly
It's a rather large piece, but I'm 32 now, so it was long, long ago haha

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

this is my most-recent work.

𝔄𝔫𝔫𝔞'𝔰 ℌ𝔲𝔪𝔪𝔦𝔫𝔤𝔟𝔦𝔯𝔡

Posca & acrylic on canvas 🎨
12x14"

top topics

join