It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Racism Only Cuts One Way

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Nihal Arthanayake is a presenter on radio 5 Live who at a journalism Diversity conference on Wednesday told those listening that an 'overwhelmingly white' working environment in the BBC newsroom is affecting his mental health and that no Muslims are involved 'in the senior editorial processes' at Radio 5 Live , Nihal was born in Essex of Sri Lankan parents.

Now this is the BBC , probably the most diversity aware corporation in the country so I'm guessing at least half of the newsroom staff will be women so Nihal seems to me to be mentally effected by white people working at the public broadcaster for a predominately white Country , call me old fashioned but that smacks of open racism ... at the BBC !

If a white presenter had said such a thing about not enough white people in the newsroom they would be sacked , Nihal ? , somehow I doubt it.

The main body of this rant is provided by Reverend Simon Sideways , in 3 minutes he says what I feel but a lot more explicitly than I am able to here so if you're offended by bad language best not watch.

Yeah , what he said.

"Irish Lives Matter" is hate speech !

edit on 30-11-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Really weird thing about being an Asian American I got to hear racism from all sides.

Working in a coroporate office for most of my career white folks would assume I was white, and the things they would tell me (especially about black people, sometime Hispanics) would shock you.

Then on the flip side, those of color would assume I was one of them and would equally say some really eyebrow raising things. The two funniest was when a middle eastern dude told me that white devils don’t know how to wash their behinds.
Second a very high level person in the company said that white manager all have big mouths. His exact words. It was met with rolling laughter.

Then there I was in the middle thinking, my God everyone is racist…

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Didnt watch the second video. But I agree 100% with the dude in the first video.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

It has been said 100 times.

It is obvious to those who use logic.

Aside: Why do all idiots who do these rants always do them in a car?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I think he's confusing race with religion.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Eloquently spoken by the Reverend - 5 stars!

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Really weird thing about being an Asian American I got to hear racism from all sides.

Working in a coroporate office for most of my career white folks would assume I was white, and the things they would tell me (especially about black people, sometime Hispanics) would shock you.

Then on the flip side, those of color would assume I was one of them and would equally say some really eyebrow raising things. The two funniest was when a middle eastern dude told me that white devils don’t know how to wash their behinds.
Second a very high level person in the company said that white manager all have big mouths. His exact words. It was met with rolling laughter.

I suspect a case can be made that many, if not most are somewhat racist to one degree or another. Your position in the middle is interesting and somewhat amusing. For my part, I am somewhat conflicted on the subject. Anymore the racist label doesn't seem to mean much anymore. Being White and male means I am just assumed to be racist. Oddly enough, my reaction to that has been to make my anti-American sentiments ever stronger.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Boy, that fellow is right on the money.

And I love the way you brits use the c word so succinctly.

Thanks for sharing that.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Because, just about everybody is, when the coast is clear.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   

so if you're offended by bad language best not watch.

Not at all. It felt wholesome.

I'd definitely sit down for a sermon.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Simply saying what millions of us think and feel.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:58 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 12/1/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It's a tool the best course is in trying not to be one.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I've never understood racism.

Good people are good people and I treat everyone with respect regardless of race or social status.

I do have issues with people who exhibit dangerous and violent outbursts for minor misunderstandings.

As a schizophrenic I understand the struggle and have been removed from businesses for looking too psychotic while I peacefully battles my demons because it made others uncomfortable even though I am nonviolent and don't act out.

I lost my temper once over a cup of coffee and was banned from the premises for the outburst but the cops were understanding and it was a simple infraction.

I also spent three months in a rubber room in a county jail over an incident where someone claimed I stuck them violentlyvwhen I didn't because it was her word against mine and I was in such a state that I couldn't defend myself and just endured the experience.

It's taken me eighteen years of combating sensitivities and going out of my way to prove that I'm nonviolent and not a danger to society because of the stigma that surrounds folks with my condition.

The town I live in 8s very patient with folks like me but there are some here that start to become a problem and eventually the patience runs out and they get committed for public safety.

join