It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump States he never swore Oath to the Constitution - MSM

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

And yet, I'm the one explaining the case to you! LOL

I had to explain to you why this case isn't about Donald Trump, but the Office of the Presidency and whether or not it enjoys absolute immunity. I had to explain to you answering that question isn't a matter of Due Process, because answering that question doesn't threaten Donald Trump's life, liberty or property. I had to explain to you that the same judge that said the President isn't an officer of the United States also found that Donald Trump did engage in insurrection.

Well, maybe the Colorado Supreme Court will clear up any confusion for you, if not, SCOTUS it is!

God help us all if they side with Trump's argument.
edit on 2520232023k43America/Chicago2023-11-30T21:43:25-06:0009pm2023-11-30T21:43:25-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Are you now?

How interesting....

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The FBI said there was no insurrection. I am sure they have more evidence than a radical judge in Colorado.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I see a issue. It says a ELECTOR of President. If that who they mean its not the president himself,but the people"electors" who certify the president.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
The FBI said there was no insurrection. I am sure they have more evidence than a radical judge in Colorado.

No one believes the 3 letters anymore. It was an "attempted" insurrection that failed. imo...they would have killed the dembs if they hadn't been protected by the cops.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Correct.

They made sure to add electors to make sure faithless electors would not cause an issue especially after the Civil War. Also, did you know that.....

Before an amendment to the law in 2022, members of Congress could object to any state's vote count, provided objection is presented in writing and is signed by at least one member of each house of Congress. In 2022, the number of members required to make an objection was raised to one-fifth of each House. An appropriately made objection is followed by the suspension of the joint session and by separate debates and votes in each House of Congress; after both Houses deliberate on the objection, the joint session is resumed.

They know damn well what they are doing to control our elections.....

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

I see a issue. It says a ELECTOR of President. If that who they mean its not the president himself,but the people"electors" who certify the president.

Yes, I understand that complaint. However, Trump's lawyers aren't taking that tack.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any state, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any state legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any state, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

The only part that matters to Trump's lawyers are the parts that I've bolded.

The Judge ruled that Trump, as President, was NOT an officer of the United States, and took a different oath. Therefore, the President is not included in the 14th Amendment disqualification.

305. Next the Court addresses whether Trump “previously [took] an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State.” U.S. CONST. amend. XIV, § 3. Because President Trump was never a congressman, state legislator, or state officer, Section Three applies only if he was an “officer of the United States.” Id.

312. The Court agrees with Intervenors that all five of those Constitutional provisions lead towards the same conclusion—that the drafters of the Section Three of the Fourteenth Amendment did not intend to include the President as “an officer of the United States.

www.courts.state.co.us...

So, that ruling is being appealed, and that ruling is what the Colorado Supreme Court will be reviewing, whether or not the President is an "officer of the United States" or if the President enjoys absolute immunity from any insurrection disqualification.

Of course, it'll end up at SCOTUS.

<< 4  5  6   >>

join