It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'll Never Ride A Motorcycle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Was stopped at a light. In the front so can't see behind me, just with my arm hanging out the window and boom crash. You know the sound of a car wreck.

The sound seemed to come from behind me on the left but I couldn't see anything so just turned back to the front and a dude had really eaten it on a bike. He was in the middle of the street with his bike trashed in front of the turn lanes. Some guys rushed out and helped him to the sidewalk so he wasn't dead, thank the Gods, but didn't seem to be very well off either.

There's just no way I could ever get on a motorcycle on these roads. On any other roads. Just no way, that is way too dangerous. It's bad enough in a car let alone being open to the types of injuries that can occur.

Scared the hell out of me and I wasn't involved. Took a few minutes to calm down. That sound, man, that sound, is always a bit of a rush.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

You are right, it is dangerous on 2 wheels.
I have an Indian Chief Vintage and I try to ride it as much as I can but there are places around here that I just will not go near on my motorcycle.
I will not ride on the freeway anymore because there are too many maniacs.
The idiots talking on the phone and texting or just not paying attention to what they are doing, they are everywhere so you have to ride with your head on a swivel.
edit on 21-11-2023 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66
Your so right ,I've been riding for 40 yrs ,and nearly been taken out numerous times and it's getting worse here in oz with the influx of immigrants, the worst are Indians and Africans who just don't look,and are the worst drivers most have international drivers licence who don't know our road rules ,these people should undertake a drivers test before being allowed on our roads....

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Overconfidence on one is the biggest danger as then you're riding lazy and no longer vigilant looking for dangers and separating yourself in the small window you have to avoid that danger.

tar snakes uneven patches potholes random stuff in the road over running the headlight animals including birds took one of those directly in my right eye before a full face shield.

The biggest danger of others on the road is what appears as no look lane changes but not riding in their blind spot and getting out of it as soon as possible meaning if you cant see you in their mirror... you're in it.

Then red light runners with those I've had three really and I mean really close clipping the front fender edge on my bike close calls with those people... Their mind is way ahead somewhere and after leaving a bunch of stop lights right on the outskirts some drivers not expecting any more lights zoom right on through... To those people running them there are or were no more lights having left that frustration behind.

Then there's police that will run you right off the road if they have an apb out as: person on motorcycle yadda yadda yadda and that's all they really have to go by... Whats weird is even if you're not the person they were looking for? Assault on an officer meaning their car... I'm not joking that thing is deputized as soon as the sheriff's 'deputy' leaves it.

join