It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PS5 memory bargain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Hi,

I just bought this as it was 67% off, thought I’d share it in case anyone else wanted to expand their memory. 👍🏼

Deal: WD_BLACK SN770 2TB M.2 2280 Game Drive PCIe Gen4 NVMe up to 5150 MB/s amzn.eu...

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: NoviceStoic

It's a black Friday deal.

And not a half-bad m.2 drive.

Technically through you are increasing the storage capacity of the PS5 as opposed to expanding the 16 GB of GDDR6 onboard sRAM.

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 08:54 AM
link   
cool--thank you!

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4nnH3r0

No deal!
www.westerndigital.com...

Thanks for pointing that out, I did think 67% was too good to be true . Still a good price though, I think? 🤔

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

It's a black Friday deal.

And not a half-bad m.2 drive.

Technically through you are increasing the storage capacity of the PS5 as opposed to expanding the 16 GB of GDDR6 onboard sRAM.

Thanks for this's, do you mean it would be better to expand the GDDR6 then? How would you do that?
Thanks 👍🏼

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Sorry but to my knowledge that's not possible to date with a PS5 console.

They are getting more like PC all the time through.

So you might get the option or ability to increase the memory size with the likes of the PS6 when it arrives 5 years down the line or so.

Theoretically, it could be done with the PS5 in the same to similar manner people have been increasing the size of onboard memory on the likes of GPU as of late.

Via swapping out the memory IC with larger capacity chips, but you would need to be rather proficient at electronic and electrical engineering and chances are PlayStation are apt to sue your arse if you ever managed the feat and you were to divulge the details.

You will see the difference with that M.2 drive all the same loading time-wise and it can even help with FPS.
edit on 22-11-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Sorry but to my knowledge that's not possible to date with a PS5 console.

They are getting more like PC all the time through.

So you might get the option or ability to increase the memory size with the likes of the PS6 when it arrives 5 years down the line or so.

Theoretically, it could be done with the PS5 in the same to similar manner people have been increasing the size of onboard memory on the likes of GPU as of late.

Via swapping out the memory IC with larger capacity chips, but you would need to be rather proficient at electronic and electrical engineering and chances are PlayStation are apt to sue your arse if you ever managed the feat and you were to divulge the details.

You will see the difference with that M.2 drive all the same loading time-wise and it can even help with FPS.

Thanks for this info👍🏼

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
You cannot upgrade the Memory on a PS5 you can upgrade the solid state storage or M.2 SSDs. Just make sure those have the same specs and I can't tell if it is a good price cause I am in the States.

www.playstation.com...
edit on 22-11-2023 by Therealbeverage because: (no reason given)

top topics

join