It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Curious Case of Hans Kammler

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Hans Kammler was an SS General who headed up the V-Weapons and the Emergency Fighter programs towards the end of World War 2. He disappeared in 1945 without a solid trace. In the wake of his disappearance, he is stapled to some interesting allegations.

One of the most interesting and perhaps popular is his alleged involvement with the Die Glocke or "The Bell" project, a project rumored to be involved in anti-gravitational research as well as time travel.

This all buoyed to the surface after supposed interrogation logs of a Nazi SS Officer by the name of Jakob Sporrenberg came to light by polish author Igor Witkowski, who claimed to have a source in the Polish intelligence community.

Now, there are threads all over ATS about "The Bell", some dating back as far as 2005 (thank you for archiving, team
), so we're not going to go into too much detail on that. Lurkers and members alike can do their respective digging on the device.

Hans Kammler is an interesting historical figure for a myriad of reasons. His entire post-war existence is doused in cloak-and-dagger descriptions and allegations. Let's start from the beginning.

1945:

• 21 May 1945 - the United States' 12th Army opens a file on Kammler shortly after a complete inventory of all personnel involved in missile production is conducted. They have his preliminary location listed in Munich. Nothing branches out.

• The Combined Intelligence Objectives Sub-Committee orders a search for him in July of 1945. The 12th Army responded to this order, pinging Kammler's location somewhere in the Harz region, with conflicting reports shining a light on his alleged escape to Prague and subsequent suicide that following August.

• Kammler's original blueprints for major projects were found to be in the possession of Samuel Goudsmit, chief scientific advisor of the Alsos Mission.

• In mid-July 1945, the head of the Gmunden CIC office, Major Morrisson interviewed an unnamed German on the issue of a numbered account associated with construction sites for plane and missile production formerly run by the SS. A report published years later, in late 1947 or early 1948, stated that only Kammler and two other persons had access to the account.

• On 9 July 1945, Kammler's wife petitioned to have him declared dead as of 9 May 1945. She provided a statement by Kammler's driver, Kurt Preuk, according to which Preuk had personally seen "the corpse of Kammler and been present at his burial" on 9 May 1945. The District Court of Berlin-Charlottenburg ruled on 7 September 1948 that his death was officially established as 9 May 1945.

Both Preuk and Zeuner maintained their version of events when interviewed in the 1990s. Some support for this version of events came from letters written by Ingeborg Alix Prinzessin zu Schaumburg-Lippe, a female member of the SS-Helferinnenkorps to Kammler’s wife in 1951 and 1955. In these, she affirmed that Kammler had said goodbye to her on 7 May 1945 in Prague, stating that the Americans were after him, had made him offers but that he had refused and that they would not "get him alive"

• A CIC report from April 1946 listed Kammler among SS officers known to be outside Germany and considered to be of special interest to the CIC

• In 1949 a report written by one Oskar Packe on Kammler was filed by the US Denazification office in Hesse. The report stated that Kammler had been arrested by US troops on 9 May 1945 at the Messerschmitt works at Oberammergau. However, Kammler and some other senior SS personnel had managed to escape in the direction of Austria or Italy. Packe did not believe the reports about a suicide, as these were contradicted "by the detailed information from the CIC" about arrest and escape.

• Donald W. Richardson, former OSS special agent involved in the Alsos Mission claimed to be "the man who brought Kammler to the US" during Operation Paperclip. On his deathbed, he told his sons of his exploits, stating that Kammler was "interned at a place of maximum security, with no hope, no mercy and without seeing the light of day until he hanged himself".

• In 2019, the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars published evidence that Kammler was indeed captured and interviewed by Americans during May 1945 in Germany; however, none of the evidence substantiated his stay and later suicide in the U.S., as Richardson claimed.

A curious case indeed.
edit on 13-11-2023 by Walpurgisnacht because: Typo.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Possibly Project Paperclip along with a change of identity, or perhaps he ran away to Argentina along with other high ranking Nazis.

edit on 13-11-2023 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IndieA

Leaning towards Paperclip myself. He died under a different name no doubt. Whatever he had or was involved in, the US has now.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Walpurgisnacht

He went to new swabia...

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'm leaning toward Paperclip too.

This is one major reason why I'm worried about a world war, but I'm not too worried about our own US safety. I think we have technology that the world has not even seen or imagined yet.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

He went to new swabia...

... teaching penguins to fire Erma submachine guns.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

This is one major reason why I'm worried about a world war, but I'm not too worried about our own US safety. I think we have technology that the world has not even seen or imagined yet.

Definitely. People like to create a metric of power depending on what they see advertised on the clear net in regards to showcased munitions. The United States has an arsenal of things that are probably the things of nightmares.

Such things of course would never be deployed in low level conflicts. Openly, that is. If America is ever faced with a threat that has the potential to send us back into caveman status, I'm sure they will be rolled out and used.

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

One wonders. Or is that just a way to pysche-trip other countries ?

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=27218050]Walpurgisnacht
I've watched a couple of videos about this guy Kammler. The most interesting fact I took from the videos about him wasn't what he was mixed up in, UFOs, atomic bombs and wotnot but the fact that he wasn't a scientist but he an extremely good manager and could keep a secret.

A guy on the called 'Tino Struckmann' has a youtube channel called 'Lost Battlefields' where he details some incredibly interesting stories about WW2 and does site visits. Tino's done a few on Kammler...

new topics

top topics

join