It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carpathian Mountains - A Portal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 02:51 AM
link   
In addition to being one of the largest areas that shelters European wolf and bear populations as well as the highest number of European virgin forests, the Carpathian Mountains are known for something completely different. They are a reoccurring source for various folklore tales and dark myths that have survived the ages, not to mention being regarded as a source of power and energy both light and dark, spanning from the Czech Republic, Austria, Slovakia, Poland, Romania, Ukraine, and Serbia.

Some examples of these 'places of power' include:

Dovbush Rocks - A grouping of rocks and caves named after the leader of the Opryshki, Oleksa Dovbrush. In ancient times, this area was home to a pagan temple. As time went on, it was home to a monastery. The rocks and caves are known to harbor the memory of ancestors.

Black Mountain - Considered a source of power for the Carpathian Molfars, it is said to have light and dark energies orchestrated around a supposed gateway to either Heaven or Hell. Nearing the top, it is said to have 'circles of power'.

Cioclovina Cave - A cathedral-like home to tombs, mysterious Scandinavian and Mesopotamian treasures, and skeletal remains. Archeologists have concluded this may have been a subterranean temple to nymphs dating back 3,300 years ago.

A nymph by definition is a mythological spirit of nature imagined as a beautiful maiden inhabiting rivers, woods, or other locations. Homeric texts describe these earth/spirit connections in the (Odyssey, XIII, 103-105); “At the head of the harbor is a long-leafed olive tree, and near it is a pleasant, shadowy cave sacred to the nymphs called naiads” and again (Odyssey, XVII, 209–211); “Cold water flowed down from the rock above, and on the top was built an altar of the nymphs where all passers-by made offerings”.

Two areas co-located within the Romanian city of Brazov, nestled within the Carpathian Mountains itself:

Black Church - Ridden with bullet holes from the 1989 anti-communist revolution, the church got its name after enduring a great fire in 1689, where it is said that a priests son fell to his death trying to escape the flames.

Brazov Catacombs - A largely un-mapped tunnel system under the city, its uses and origin are murky at best.

Castles of Transcarpathia - These ominous structures have seen countless wars, sieges, births, and deaths. They are scattered all over the region, and some have been regarded as spiritual hot spots.

I'm sure there are many more locations, but how likely is it that the Carpathian Mountain ranges are a series of conduits for spiritual entities?

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Walpurgisnacht

Have you heard about Bucegi mountains yet? They are located in Romania. All sorts of mysterious folkolore about tunnels, secret magic doors, time dilation, magic golden tablets that change the content on them like a modern computerized tablet.

Bucegi mountains

There is also the Unterberg in Austria. It is, too, riddled with folkolore about trolls, elves, missing time, people disappearing and turning up decades later, sometimes dead. "Mountain women" that lure people into caves.

Mountains have always been a source of mystery throughout the world. Australia's Ayers Rock, even the USA has a few places like that. Just vivid imagination or is there more to it?

edit on 12.11.2023 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: fixed link and typo

edit on 12.11.2023 by ThatDamnDuckAgain because: fixed link and typo 2.0

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Another one to add to the list! Can't believe I missed that one. That, and it's just south of Brazov. Definitely within the Carpathian orbit.

I had to double check, because your description of Bucegi sounded a lot like the Hoia Baciu Forest or the 'Bermuda Triangle of Romania'. Locals are said to have seen UFOs as well as reporting of mysterious disappearances of people wandering within the forest. This is of course softcore until you get to the reports of people being attacked by 'invisible' or 'unseen' entities while trekking through the area.

The closest mountain range that rivals any of these legends and hotbeds of energy would be our Appalachian Mountains here in North America. The place is just teeming with a lot of strange sightings and occurrences. I believe there is definitely something to these types of locations.

As was said above, the Carpathian Mountains oversees virgin (undiscovered) forest sectors. The same can be said about the Appalachian Mountains. There's still parts of it we haven't explored, so, naturally, there's going to be some mystique and interest regarding what really goes on in the depths of these mountain ranges.

Real eerie yet interesting stuff.
edit on 12-11-2023 by Walpurgisnacht because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

I had to double check, because your description of Bucegi sounded a lot like the Hoia Baciu Forest or the 'Bermuda Triangle of Romania'. Locals are said to have seen UFOs as well as reporting of mysterious disappearances of people wandering within the forest. This is of course softcore until you get to the reports of people being attacked by 'invisible' or 'unseen' entities while trekking through the area.

Yes there are rumors about UFO just flying into the hill but then we also have those rumors for Himalaya.

The only mountain of the list I visited was the Unterberg. Last trip before I finished school. Back then I stood at the foot of the mountain and it was a strange vibe, I remember that. We hiked up the first day, went down the wire hanging thingy in the evening and up with it the next day. Beautiful but also dangerous hike.

Later when I come back I am going to download some pictures from that trip for the upcoming meeting with old classmates. There's one with a very eerie vibe, not good quality because someone from class scanned the photos and gave us all a CD.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 07:43 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 11/12/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I've traveled through the Carpathian Mountains and its truly a sight to behold. Gorgeous fauna, especially when it's raining. Everything is just amplified. I didn't stop at specific sites, though, which I regret. These areas in Europe are so rich with history. More often than not, bloody history. It would be then foolish to assume anything residual hasn't stuck around.

Hope you can dig up that eerie picture! Do you remember what the setting of the photo was?

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   

A few weeks ago I came across a 2008 ATS thread about the Untersberg by Skyfloating. It's a fascinating read and gathered an astonishing 884 flags!
Untersberg - The Mystery Mountain

There's also a 2011 ATS thread about Bucegi (270 flags) by lisa2012

Enigmantic Discovery in 2003 in the Bucegi mountains Romania...Linked to underground world,hidden kn

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 09:07 AM
link   
One interesting fact about the Carpathian Hutsuls is that they are regarded as some sort of mystic tribe, with 'Molfars' spearheading this identifier. They are regarded as healers, fortune tellers, hail stormers (those that can control natural phenomena).

Molfars Resource Article

edit on 12-11-2023 by Walpurgisnacht because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Bad news, the CD is damaged, part of the silver foil is gone and there is discoloration from the plastic "protection" it was sitting in. I tried to polish it but the CD reader does not recognize it.

It was taken from the base on the steep side, much like this one but closer and steeper. It looked like the tip bends down (of course it was not). Maybe similar to this one:

link to photo
the website that has the photo

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Thank you, awesome!

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
How many of these sites have granite or other hard amalgam stone with high quartz content, as well as water flow?
Looking into it myself.
Please do let us know if you beat me to it!
edit on 12/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

Doing some digging! Will let you know.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I realize it may be hard to read the legend, but I made an overlay of supposed energy leylines that are said to go through Romania.
Cioclovina Cave seems to be on one, which runs over Hunedoara and up through Cluj Napoca.

BELOW: Star marks the location of Dovbush formations in Ukraine, along leyline.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I did find that Cioclovina is mostly Limestone (calcium carbonate), and was discovered through Phosphor mining, so the surrounding rock is probably riddled with Phosphorous pockets.

Well, with phosphorous being a mild acid, if there's a lot of moisture in the soil then maybe it could be generating a mild electrical charge or even producing weak EM? Maybe those said charges somehow amplify the effects of the leyline?

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

Amazing stuff! Thanks for adding that to the thread.

I tried to research plots of specific stone relevant to the activity sites, but could only come up with sporadic formations of granite. Random rock formations initially reported via amateur photographers, then backed up via lesser known earth science journals.

Permian biotite leucogranites to granite porphyries and rhyolites form small intrusions in several Alpine tectonic units in the Western Carpathians and the Pannonian region (Slovakia and Hungary).

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 12:30 AM
link   
hmm

top topics

join