It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA’s Webb, Hubble Combine to Create Most Colorful View of Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Went to post this and the straight dope message board, and found I was booted off for trolling in the Israel Hamas thread, LOL my post were tame as hell, didn't realize I was pissing somebody off. .... Anyway

Im always in awe of these pictures, this one will be my desktop pic for a while. This literally looks at trillions of planets billions of star clusters and every cosmic and celestial event known and unknown. Don't want to turn this into a theological thread, it's difficult to look at that and not believe there isn't more out there than our teeny tiny carbon-based minds can even dream of.

a glimpse of our infinite reality...

NASA’s Webb, Hubble Combine to Create Most Colorful View of Universe

NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope and Hubble Space Telescope have united to study an expansive galaxy cluster known as MACS0416. The resulting panchromatic image combines visible and infrared light to assemble one of the most comprehensive views of the universe ever taken. Located about 4.3 billion light-years from Earth, MACS0416 is a pair of colliding galaxy clusters that will eventually combine to form an even bigger cluster.

This panchromatic view of galaxy cluster MACS0416 was created by combining infrared observations from NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope with visible-light data from NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope. The resulting wavelength coverage, from 0.4 to 5 microns, reveals a vivid landscape of galaxies whose colors give clues to galaxy distances: The bluest galaxies are relatively nearby and often show intense star formation, as best detected by Hubble, while the redder galaxies tend to be more distant, or else contain copious amount of dust, as detected by Webb. The image reveals a wealth of details that are only possible to capture by combining the power of both space telescopes. In this image, blue represents data at wavelengths of 0.435 and 0.606 microns (Hubble filters F435W and F606W); cyan is 0.814, 0.9, and 1.05 microns (Hubble filters F814W, and F105W and Webb filter F090W); green is 1.15, 1.25, 1.4, 1.5, and 1.6 microns (Hubble filters F125W, F140W, and F160W, and Webb filters F115W and F150W); yellow is 2.00 and 2.77 microns (Webb filters F200W, and F277W); orange is 3.56 microns (Webb filter F356W); and red represents data at 4.1 and 4.44 microns (Webb filters F410M and F444W).
NASA, ESA, CSA, STScI, J. Diego (Instituto de Física de Cantabria, Spain), J. D’Silva (U. Western Australia), A. Koekemoer (STScI), J. Summers & R. Windhorst (ASU), and H. Yan (U. Missouri)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
So let’s see, telescope software records the frequency with which it is struck with invisible types of EMF at its position near Earth during a given timeframe, translates a graph of its observations into binary code, exports this to a different software, where it is then translated a third time into another graph or representation, in the form of a plain black and white image with a couple dots on it. These two dots, of course, actually depict a real color photograph of a specific locale across the universe, but only a few specially trained artists are able to translate this very fancy and scientific dataset of two dots into “human vision” for the rest of us, which will allow us to see an accurate HD color image of 17,635,876,119,550,823,192,555 Miles away! In order to produce the photograph for the excited masses, our team of genius seers have at it in photoshop until they have created something suitably awe-inspiring to present to the public as a “technically correct image”. (Their words!)

It’s pretty clear that all the invisible data measuring and multiple translations cycling through various proprietary softwares are a smokescreen to lend these fictional images legitimacy- a glorified sleight of hand, making sci-fi fantasy art appear real.

If this makes you unexpectedly angry and automatically reject this personally insulting accusation without consideration- take notice. We shouldn’t be getting so insulted over someone saying a “nature image” is photoshopped… yet it’s happening to nearly all of us. Why is that? I myself still have a framed poster of one of the older Hubble universe shots in my living room. I keep it as a reminder of how indoctrinated I was as recently as a few years ago, when I was so confident I had extricated myself from such things as being mentally influenced. But the astronaut worship/outer space obsession is an insidious one to come to terms with because it’s so deeply embedded. It’s one of the main things they drill into children as early as possible and for many of us, the prestige of NASA has been somehow intertwined with our own self-importance- disparaging them feels personal. Perhaps via patriotism/national identity? Either way, once you become aware of the problem, it’s like an illusion suddenly shatters and you come out of a fog you didn’t even know you were in.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   

edit on Fri Nov 10 2023 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElusiveNirvana
a reply to: putnam6
So let’s see, telescope software records the frequency with which it is struck with invisible types of EMF at its position near Earth during a given timeframe, translates a graph of its observations into binary code, exports this to a different software, where it is then translated a third time into another graph or representation, in the form of a plain black and white image with a couple dots on it. These two dots, of course, actually depict a real color photograph of a specific locale across the universe, but only a few specially trained artists are able to translate this very fancy and scientific dataset of two dots into “human vision” for the rest of us, which will allow us to see an accurate HD color image of 17,635,876,119,550,823,192,555 Miles away! In order to produce the photograph for the excited masses, our team of genius seers have at it in photoshop until they have created something suitably awe-inspiring to present to the public as a “technically correct image”. (Their words!)

It’s pretty clear that all the invisible data measuring and multiple translations cycling through various proprietary softwares are a smokescreen to lend these fictional images legitimacy- a glorified sleight of hand, making sci-fi fantasy art appear real.

If this makes you unexpectedly angry and automatically reject this personally insulting accusation without consideration- take notice. We shouldn’t be getting so insulted over someone saying a “nature image” is photoshopped… yet it’s happening to nearly all of us. Why is that? I myself still have a framed poster of one of the older Hubble universe shots in my living room. I keep it as a reminder of how indoctrinated I was as recently as a few years ago, when I was so confident I had extricated myself from such things as being mentally influenced. But the astronaut worship/outer space obsession is an insidious one to come to terms with because it’s so deeply embedded. It’s one of the main things they drill into children as early as possible and for many of us, the prestige of NASA has been somehow intertwined with our own self-importance- disparaging them feels personal. Perhaps via patriotism/national identity? Either way, once you become aware of the problem, it’s like an illusion suddenly shatters and you come out of a fog you didn’t even know you were in.

So lets see, you must be a joy at parties...or a flat earther,

If you thought I was insinuating this was a real true representation, you wrote your dissertation here for nothing, though I am sure it made you smugly happy. This makes me content too because, in a small way, i brought a complete stranger a little joy all before 7 in the morning. As well as it inspired you to participate by posting, unfortunately

For your viewing pleasure here is a link circa 2011 that should allay your fears and concerns that me or ATS in general needs to be mansplained on NASA image manipulations and false color representations

www.abovetopsecret.com...

FWIW there are about 9 pages full of threads referencing the Hubble telescope alone here on ATS up to 2011, thats 90 or so Hubble threads right there and that doesn't count the archives that go back even further.

Welcome to ATS,
edit on p0000003011am116 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join