It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I SIDE WITH 2024

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Here's my issue when it comes to thinking about voting for a presidential candidate.

My mind immediately goes to the front runners.
Then I think about electability, who has the best odds of winning. It usually boils down to the lesser of two evils or it's the devil you know vs. the devil you don't know.

Because this is the case most of the time and leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I then look to the outlier candidates. You get to that list of smaller candidates and you start looking for name recognition.

That's when it hits me.
Why am I looking to others for answers to our problems when I should looking to myself.

It takes too long to scour every candidates stances so why not start with my political beliefs and see which candidates are most in line with me and not the other way around.

Enter isidewith.com

Answered a few dozen political spectrum questions and am surprised by the top 3 candidates I matched with.

#1 Robert Kennedy Jr 84%
#2 Doug Burgum 77%
#3 Jacob Hornburger 76%

An independent, a republican and a libertarian round out my top 3.

Is this the end all be all approach to voting? No.

I just think it's neat.

Check it out for fun and see who your top 3 candidates are, feel free to share, or don't.

Just throwing it out there.
edit on 7-11-2023 by TinfoilTophat because: November has come

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:26 PM
link   
That was an interesting quiz. Here are my results.

Marianne Williamson 89% Democrat
Robert Kennedy Jr. 85% Independent
Cornel West 85% Independent
Brittany Jones 85% Independent
Ryan Binkley 84% Republican

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

I Side With:
1) Cornel West
2) Marianne Williamson

Too bad neither of them have a chance in hell.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Interesting quiz. There weren't enough LGBT or church/state questions on the short form quiz to draw me ideologically to the left. Used a lot of the "other" answers too. I felt I was all over the map, all the small government views reigned it in though.

** After posting, I noticed you can add more questions to refine your result... So I did all the social ones and it gave me the same candidates, but altered my party and ideology slightly...

It says I am this, which checks out mostly:

Neo-libertarianism is a political and social philosophy that combines "the libertarian's moral commitment to negative liberty (freedom from interference by other people) with a procedure that selects principles for restricting liberty on the basis of a unanimous agreement in which everyone's particular interests receive a fair hearing."

edit on 7-11-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 01:27 AM
link   
I side with raising american wages and fixing the housing market, and not spending more money pissing off foreign countries.

I also side with reducing intelligence agency funding, making black budget programs illegal,'
and ruling any social media site with more than 5 million users a town square free to all,
and not being able to censor anything but racial slurs or calls to violence.

But hey, I'm always a weird one.
edit on 8/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Is this another test that omits detailed and some specific questions? Perfect.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

My top three were

Cornel West
Marianne Williamson
Joe Biden

top topics

join