It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SYNCHRO - Bezo's and Gates medically beneficial and less invasive alternative to Neurolink.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I posted this in another thread, funding commenced in 2022. It has already been trailed on humans.
It is not a publicly listed company.
I thought it warranted a sepperate post.
I was intrigued and unaware of this less invasive adaptation of AI.

Tech through your blood vessels, may be less detrimental than the implant horror stories I have read of Neurolink.
All good hands up, Elon wants a human volunteer.
How many monkies died in short periods during the animal trials?

CNBC - Synchro - Bezo and Gates possible safer alternative than Neurolink

The Synchron Switch is implanted through the blood vessels to allow people with no or very limited physical mobility to operate technology such as cursors and smart home devices using their mind. So far, the nascent technology has been used on three patients in the U.S. and four in Australia.

Synchron's BCI is inserted through the blood vessels, which Oxley calls the "natural highways" into the brain. Synchron's stent, called the Stentrode, is fitted with tiny sensors and is delivered to the large vein that sits next to the motor cortex. The Stentrode is connected to an antenna that sits under the skin in the chest and collects raw brain data that it sends out of the body to external devices. 

Intresting off to do further reading...

edit on 7-11-2023 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   
No thank you.

And a double no thank you, knowing they are involved.

But I wouldn't do Neurolink either.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Those two names ring most people's alarm bells apparently their neighbours.

They are branching out togther on "philanthropic" ventures to save the world. Must be bored without Epsteins entertainment

edit on 7-11-2023 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Gotta love two of the greediest, most untrustworthy least moral and most evil people peddling a "safer" version of something.

Anyone who opts for this deserves any negative side effects, tbh.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

well if they also have inbuilt hoovers to clean said vessels everything else will for sure give you a stroke or a heart attack or some fun stuff like that, because those vessels have a tendency to clog up in time

additional electro trash won't make that better.
so you can move a cursor but you die around 40 latest

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I bet even the most benevolent of these devices will experience stuff like crashes,hacking and viruses..

Imagine your super advanced brain chip gets a virus and starts altering your behaviour or wiping memories...

Thats going to be great fun

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

how would it have access to your memories?

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

I suppose a blood transfusion then new parts.
A bit of a grease and oil change may help with aging.
In extreme cases it may just be quality of life over quantity.
Their are so many variables that can go wrong.
The prescent and future AI technolodgy certainly will be interestingly scary.
I would be intrested to know what Mech Warriors black budget organisations have created that have not been released to the public.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: onestonemonkey

Wonder how a device like Neurolink would cope with the extreme stymlus of psychedelics.
Could it process and upload your trip report into video for future perusal
Would it just register unknown poison over stymlus microchip shut-down required.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:49 PM
link   

So far, so good it appears.

In January, Synchron announced a 12-month long-term safety data from the first-in-human trial. The company enrolled four patients with severe paralysis in Australia. Participants were implanted with Synchron’s first-generation neuroprosthesis device.

The data analysis showed that the neuroprosthesis device can transmit neural signals over a long period without any serious adverse events related to the device. The signal quality remained stable, and no evidence of significant deterioration was reported.

The trial participants were able to successfully control a personal computing device with the BCI and use the implant to generate digital switches under intentional control for daily digital activities.

Earlier this year, the FDA approved another BCI clinical trial in humans. Neuralink, which was founded by business magnate Elon Musk, is ready to investigate its implantable BIC chip in humans to help treat a range of conditions.

www.clinicaltrialsarena.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Sounds promising for people afflicted with CNS disorders or suffering from a severe accident.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: aliensanonymous
a reply to: quintessentone

Sounds promising for people afflicted with CNS disorders or suffering from a severe accident.

For them it's a breakthrough for a better quality of life.

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   

If this can bring a modicum of functionality to people with limited mobility and allow them to operate technology it's is certainly a step in the right direction, possibly quite literally if combined with cybernetic prosthetics in the future.

I would not wish to be one of the first to try it all the same given the dangers involved.

But the people who may choose to pioneer this type of technological development are already broken beyond our current means to repair.

new topics

top topics

join