It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says Both Sides to Blame for Israel Hamas Conflict and Nobodys Hands Are Clean

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Not sure Obama is relevant anymore, but he has given his opinion on the Israel/Hamas war. He says there is no justification for what Hamas did but at the same time he says the 'occupation' of Gaza is unbearable. A backhanded excuse for the terrorist attack? Thing is ... Gaza isn't 'occupied' ... it's contained because it can't be trusted.

He fails to mention that a peaceful 2 state solution has been offered to the Palestinians five times, and it's been rejected by them all five times, because they will never accept a sovereign nation of Israel existing. And Hamas, their chosen leadership, has vowed to continue striking Israel until it no longer exists and until all the Jews are dead. That's got nothing to do with any supposed 'occupation' of Gaza.

He fails to address how Israel is supposed to protect itself, which it has a right to do.

For anyone interested in what Obama thinks -

Obama Says Both Sides to Blame for Israel Hamas Conflict and Nobodys Hands Are Clean

Former President Barack Obama has urged Americans to “take in the whole truth” when weighing Israel’s war against Hamas, saying everyone is “complicit to some to degree” in the conflict.

“Nobody’s hands are clean,” the 44th president said during an interview with Pod Save America, a podcast hosted by former White House aides from his presidency, in an excerpt released Saturday.

“What Hamas did was horrific, and there’s no justification for it. And what is also true is that the occupation, and what’s happening to Palestinians, is unbearable,” Obama, 62, said, explaining that the only way to solve the crisis was to accept those seemingly contradictory ideas.

“And what is also true is that there is a history of the Jewish people that may be dismissed unless your grandparents or your great-grandparents or your uncle or your aunt tell you stories about the madness of antisemitism,” he said.

“And what is true is that there are people right now who are dying, who have nothing to do with what Hamas did. … We could go on for a while,” he said.

edit on 11/6/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

(post by Starbornsurfer removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

This statement is only controversial to people who have been drinking too much kool-aid.
I'm sure this thread will be full of the usual suspects and end the same way it always does, sans me (because I'm tired of everyone wanting to talk about nothing but some war in another country and demanding people take sides),
but before I go I will state: Obama's right on this one, and stated nothing but nonbiased, objective facts.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Thanks for your profound words of wisdom, Barry.

Thanks for taking a break from building your 20 acre, billion dollar shrine to yourself in Chicago, to remind us all how brilliant you are.

His speeches are easy to summarize, because they are always the same:
"Blah, blah, blah."

(post by Starbornsurfer removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:40 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Starbornsurfer

The solution is not getting involved in other people's wars.

Blood on the hands of the ones fighting.
I'm just trying not to.

edit on 6/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I just found this video and found it really insightful and frankly, put into words what had been on the tip of my tongue.
In short, it's about the psychosocial/ philosophical reason everyone is so focused on this war right now,
and I think he said it all better than I could.

www.youtube.com...

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Interesting opinion piece.

No Obama You're the One with Middle Eastern Blood On Your Hands

It’s you because you’re the one who gave that stentorian speech about red lines in Syria and then sat by and did nothing as those red lines were crossed and Bashar al-Assad continued to slaughter his own people, allowing the Iranians and the Russians to creep in and fill the vacuum left by your devastating lack of leadership.

It’s you because you’re the one who came up with the idea of empowering Iran, the world’s premier exporter of terrorism, Holocaust denial and chaos, all the while telling the American people you were merely trying to stop Tehran from getting a nuclear bomb.

Billions of dollars and thousands of dead later, we can all see how well this idea — which you, with the eloquence only a professor could muster, called “regional integration” — is working.

It’s you because you’re the one who delivered a parting gift to the region, ending your final term as president by reversing four decades of American bipartisan support of Israel and abstaining from a United Nations vote condemning Israeli settlements while funneling $400 million in annual payments to the despotic Palestinian Authority, which promptly used this money to fund its pay-for-slay program, doling out large cash payments to any Palestinian who murdered Jews.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard
i only sort of agree with the guy in your video link.

This war being so important to people has been driven into their psyches for years. Anybody who either criticised Israel for anything or has spoken in support of Palestine has been labelled anti-semetic and the slur has stuck. Those who believe Israel must win/survive/thrive/whatever, always reveal their blindness to the suffering of Israel's enemies, real or imagined. Those who are not 100% in the Israel camp are more diverse in their values and opinions and the Israel supporters hate them for it.

This is all fed by the MSM binary frenzy, the propaganda matrix and the, globogov and globocap power over all the world, strategies. Does this face-off between the two religious groups indicate a power play for control of globofaith or one world religion? How much power and influence do each of these religious groups have within the obscene wealth matrix?

Chest beating for the global dominance players who do not give a fig about any of us.

new topics

top topics

join