It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parents Against Military Slavery:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
hey seeker is that your mom in that monkey pic?
Seriously, you didnt refute what i said or contributed to the conversation.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
"Speaking as a scotsman I find it quite insulting for you to use this since he is our national hero add to the fact your using it in completely diffrent context....if you had used it in say context to the american civil war then I'd be happy as can be."

I did not mean as an insult and even though i am american, i am of scottish descent. I did not see why you find that so insulting? What did he have to do with the civil war or, are you saying because i am an american i shouldn't quote things from scottish history? (and actually Braveheart is mostly fictional) What ever the reason you dont like that quote i am not removing it because of it's context. sorry.

posted on Apr, 13 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Your attention please:

Can we please not let this devolve into petty name-calling, offensive images, and partisan rivalry?

I don't say this because I want the thread to stay open for points or whatever. I really want this subject thought of by as many as possible.

Majic, please don't try to lambaste my thread because of my avatar. I have several and make them myself. If Kerry would have won, he'd be standing there just as quickly as shrub is.

Stay on topic please.

Thank you for your time,

X

Edit for horrible spelling errors I caught.

[edit on 13-4-2005 by Xatnys]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
The “Non-Partisan” Partisan

Originally posted by Xatnys
Majic, please don't try to lambaste my thread because of my avatar. I have several and make them myself. If Kerry would have won, he'd be standing there just as quickly as shrub is.

Let's take a look at the context of your complaint:

1. You post a topic based on a highly partisan article from a highly partisan website that uses the propaganda term “military slavery” to describe conscription (which I oppose in less jingoistic terms, by the way).

2. You portray the President of the United States (whom I'm somewhat ambivalent about, by the way) as a Nazi.

3. The topic itself was drummed up as a partisan disinformation scheme by a political party prior to the last elections, so the very premise of the thread is founded on partisan disinformation.

4. You're trying to keep that partisan disinformation campaign alive, which is the very premise of this thread.

5. You refer to George W. Bush as “shrub”.

Non-partisan my ass.

You are exuding partisanship from every orifice, and now you're telling me that if Kerry won, you would have portrayed him as a Nazi.

Has it occurred to you that portraying anyone as a Nazi who isn't one is defamation and a lie?

The contempt for truth you are displaying here is absolutely stunning.

I hope you can understand why I am so skeptical about your false claims of impartiality, and why I find your insincere lip service to non-partisanship so difficult to believe.

If you really are non-partisan, then I recommend dropping the overt partisanship and not pushing disinformation on ATS.

Your words and your actions contradict each other. Plainly and obviously.

The Mysterious And Elusive Topic

Originally posted by XatnysStay on topic please.

And the topic is what? “Military slavery”? The secret plot to start a draft? The inevitability of the draft?

The topic would be a lot easier to discern if it wasn't buried under a pile of gross disinformation supplied by partisan sources.

My opinion is that this is precisely the kind of dishonest, distorted propagandistic bullcrap I hope to see much less of on ATS, and hopefully much less of from you in the future should you decide that Denying Ignorance is more important than pushing a mendacious agenda.

The premise for this thread is an insult to just about everything ATS stands for, and I want no further part in it.

I hope I have made my position on it crystal clear.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Well you best expect to get hit, bubba:

Majic,

I don’t know what's wrong with you, honestly. Have you ever seen my posts? I don't support either side, as to me they are both nothing more than two fictions. I'll ask for you to believe me on this, but I'll gladly take your statements in turn:

1. I go where the news is. Is that hard for you to comprehend? Had Skerry been in office right now and this discussion been on a major republican site, I'd have followed it up just the same. I hold no party affiliation I promise you that.

2. Yes I do. And I would do so with ANY President who was in office at this current time. Why? Because he is not alone in the execution of imperialistic policy that seems to become America's stance more and more every day. It doesn't matter to me WHO is up there, my statement is pure and simple: Deny Tyranny: I could have put any face on that image. Would you rather it be a democrat is that what you're saying?

I can do that; just wait till one is in office. It's an ARTISTIC STATEMENT that I'm making. You have a toonkie little badge about something or other(anime maybe), hey: whatever floats your boat, bubba. I chose to make an artistic statement about the U.S.'s current ruler. That's my RIGHT, or are you so fascist that my freedom to do so is lost on you? Are you a republican first? Or a member of the REPUBLIC? Get your priorities straight and keep your idyllic worship(rather unhealthy) of "Shrub" out of healthy discussion.

3. Did you read all of the posts? I think not; had you have; you'd have noticed that JungleJake and I already cleared that. I DO NOT DISPUTE that the dems were up to no good last election. That is not the focus of this thread. Hell, I could have made this thread totally without the use of a news source, because I stress what I want people to do: Think from other vantage points and try and empathize with other views. You're attacking a message of tolerance and why you can’t see that message I don't understand.

4. This statement of yours, is more insane psychobabble that really doesn't deserve a response. So now I'm a democrat disinfo agent? And you're conservative? Are you sure, because you seem rather frothing and insane from this statement. I hold no party affiliation. I just WANT THE TRUTH. I just WANT PEOPLE TO THINK. I just WANT TO STOP THE HATE. You targeted the wrong person this time, bubba.

5. Sure. "Shrub" "Barbara’s little Bush", "The little doofus that could", I could go on and on and on. But I can also call any democrat any name you'd like to Kerry? "Skerry" "Agent Orange"(campaign ref), "The Orange Skull", "Skully" etc etc. Or maybe the VP? Cheny? "Chicey" "Old Crow" "Puppet Master" etc. I could go on but they're just useless labels that have no real meaning to me. Pretty hard to wrap your head around that, bubba? Now there is one partisan individual you'll not se me make fun of:

Congressman Ron Paul - Who I firmly believe loves the Republic and stands for truth and freedom,

Other than that, a politician needs to earn my respect. Most do not and cannot. Then you said:

Has it occurred to you that portraying anyone as a Nazi who isn't one is defamation and a lie?

I look at it as my right to make any statement I damn well choose. But if we really need to go there, I can go dig up some research and show you that his family has ties back to Nazi Germany, and that they aided the Nazis during WWII. Not really my bag, but whatever it takes to bash you off your "high horse" / soapbox.... I'm down with that.

Then you blubber forth with:

And the topic is what? “Military slavery”? The secret plot to start a draft? The inevitability of the draft?

Title is the same as the title of the article. The TOPIC of this thread is clear if you would take a few minutes (and brain cells) and READ THE POSTS. Is a draft coming? Is a revision of military service coming? What stands to be lost?

Simple really.

Yeah, you made your point crystal clear. You're blinded by party affiliation and can't see past your own nose. Be proud, you're really special!

"Democrat Disinfo Agent"
LOL, you're clueless.

X

Back on topic, hopefully....

[Edit: Mr. Paul's image was a bit...overwhelming... this one should be better.]
[Edit: Had a rouge bold tag throwing off the emphasis, fixed text for "flow".]
X

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Xatnys]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
I did not mean as an insult and even though i am american, i am of scottish descent. I did not see why you find that so insulting? What did he have to do with the civil war or, are you saying because i am an american i shouldn't quote things from scottish history? (and actually Braveheart is mostly fictional) What ever the reason you dont like that quote i am not removing it because of it's context. sorry.

That makes it even worse!
Your using itin context against what william wallace wanted...he didnt want an army or war...he wanted to live in his little village with his wife, he couldnt because the english killed his wiffe to get to him, he fought for my freedom he did not travel half way around the world to fight someone that never hurt him.
I said the independance war, not civil, the independance war was about freedom. The same thing as william wallace was about.
You have no idea how big an insult that is to the great man, god help you when you understand this.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Off topic:

@ Devilwasp:

I just wanted to state that you are (as you know) correct to be proud of William Wallace and all he did. That man was a TRUE patriot, and not a sell out like many in his day.

It's truly sad that many(such as the above poster) see "Braveheart" and then think that the great man's legacy is mostly fictional. A true revolutionary when revolutionaries had MUCH to lose.

He unified clans and brought people together for the common cause of freedom from tyrants. All because the rulers kept him from living his life out in humble peace, their evil actions brought forth greatness in him. Where are the William Wallaces of our time devilwasp? I truly wonder man.

On topic:

I take it you yourself would be against a draft that sent America's youth to far off lands to fight wars we mostly have no business in?

I too should note that if we ever had an actual domestic invasion, I'd fight to defend our country. I appreciate my rights, that's why I'm saddened when they seem to be disappearing.

X

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Where are the William Wallaces of our time devilwasp? I truly wonder man.

Well around 2000 of them are in iraq right now....made up from ; 1st Battalion The Black Watch, The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards and The remainder are from the Scottish Territorial Army.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Where are the William Wallaces of our time devilwasp? I truly wonder man.

Well around 2000 of them are in iraq right now....made up from ; 1st Battalion The Black Watch, The Royal Scots Dragoon Guards and The remainder are from the Scottish Territorial Army.

Blackwatch, pretty hardcore fellas. Used to have their opponents terrorized just because they were so good/fierce with the battle axe, right?

I actually meant where is that spirit to be found in america, but good point you made nonetheless.

X

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Blackwatch, pretty hardcore fellas. Used to have their opponents terrorized just because they were so good/fierce with the battle axe, right?

Pretty much the same with every scottish regiment...

I actually meant where is that spirit to be found in america, but good point you made nonetheless.

Well I cant speak for the american military....not my area.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Replacing Discussion With Defamation

Well you best expect to get hit, bubba:

Majic,

I don’t know what's wrong with you, honestly.

If you want to talk about posts, that's fine. Start insulting me personally, and the discussion is over.

I have very strong criticism for your posts and what you are doing here, but I have not leveled a single insult at you as a person, because what you have already posted cannot change, but you can.

I consider the techniques you are demonstrating here to be the worst form of disinformation, and have said so.

And so it continues. Instead of addressing my criticisms directly, you are resorting to personal attacks and childish insults:

Is that hard for you to comprehend?
or are you so fascist that my freedom to do so is lost on you?
Are you a republican first?
keep your idyllic worship(rather unhealthy) of "Shrub" out of healthy discussion.
You're attacking a message of tolerance and why you can’t see that message I don't understand
This statement of yours, is more insane psychobabble that really doesn't deserve a response.
you seem rather frothing and insane from this statement.
Then you blubber forth with:
take a few minutes (and brain cells) and READ THE POSTS
You're blinded by party affiliation and can't see past your own nose

It's all about me, isn't it? Who needs a topic when you can simply throw baseless insults around?

All you have demonstrated is your inability to address my criticisms without resorting to juvenile attacks against me.

You have also demonstrated that you have no clue whatsoever about me as a person, and are willing to post lies about me.

If you want to know what's wrong with me, it's that I despise lies and deceit -- and the kind of defamation you are so casually slinging at me.

That's why I despise what you have posted here.

Sarcasm Is The First Refuge Of A Scoundrel

All the rest of the nonsense you have posted in “response” to my posts has done nothing to change my opinion of those tactics, and your use of insults against me disqualifies you as a person worthy of engaging in further discussion with.

When you are willing to discuss topics honestly -- and leave the juvenile insults to a more suitable venue like alt.flame -- then perhaps we can find some common ground.

Falsely label my opinions as “insane psychobabble”, on the other hand, and there is no hope for agreement between us.

My complaints are directed at your dishonest and shameful behavior, not you personally. I will not be a party to a thread that devolves into personal insults, which is the course you have chosen here.

Suffice it to say that you have proven to me what the value of your opinion is, how well-informed it actually is, that it is apparently inseparable from hateful rhetoric, and that I would do well to remember that going forward.

If this is all you have to offer, then you offer nothing worth reading.

Here's hoping that changes someday.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I missed this the last time in the hurry...

I take it you yourself would be against a draft that sent America's youth to far off lands to fight wars we mostly have no business in?
[/quoite]
Yeah but I doubt it would happen.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   

It's all about me, isn't it? Who needs a topic when you can simply throw baseless insults around?

You made it all about you.

You HIJACKED my thread to express YOUR displeasure with what YOU percieved of me.

You got your ass handed to you for doing so.

And had nothing decent in way of a comback.

You're weak, and you've shown your weakness to all by trying to attack me based upon your own preconcieved notions of me.

You destroyed yourself here, I said nothing that you hadn't already expressed on your own, and you know that on some level.

Now, let us return to the topic at hand, as our present line of conversation is through.

Peace to you, I hope you come to understand what I've said here.

X

[edit:
Oh and I want you to see something, Majic; this is an example of a PRODUCTIVE post that holds a dissenting view of the topic at hand. :

Originally posted by devilwasp
I missed this the last time in the hurry...

Yeah but I doubt it would happen.

Which I respect for it's truth and non-bias.

In fact, you could look at almost every other post on here(minus yourself and one or two others) and see the model of a constructive dialogue.

Good day to you.

X
[/edit]

EDIT #2
In response to the below post:
Majic,

I don't care to discuss your issues in this thread any further. I've proven MY point, and you damn well know it.

Quit carryong on this off topic b.s. . Either contribute or leave.

Thank you!

[edit on 14-4-2005 by Xatnys]

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I Would Say "Thanks For Proving My Point", But No Thanks

Now that you have made my case beyond a reasonable doubt, there's nothing more for me to add here except a brief adieu.

This thread records our respective opinions and disagreements, and allows other ATS members to read them and form their own opinions of this exchange.

Aside from that, I still hope you may find it in yourself to improve your behavior on ATS, although you have given me little cause for maintaining that hope.

Posts such as yours are, in my opinion, part of the problem with ATS, not the solution.

Having said that, I'll leave you to ply your trade here in the "slug-fest" forum while I seek honest and civil discussion elsewhere, because I'm most certainly not finding it here.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Well, the Democrats did a fantastic spin job on this. It was two DEMOCRATS who proposed bills, one to the senate, one to the house, to institute the draft. The media was more than happy to grab onto these bills and start reporting on them while ignoring who proposed them, yet implying the GOP did.

If a draft is started in the US again, it won't be by the Republican's hand. Our military is the best in the world because 99% of the people who volunteer are dedicated to the job they're doing. The other 1% can complain and whine saying they didn't sign up for the military to fight battles (
), but the rest of them are typically hardcore, dedicated patriots who take their job very seriously. If we force people into the military, the level of skill in our forces will decline and we'll be no better than the Russian military.

Don't count on Rummy or any inteligent republican to institute a draft.

See, there in lies the rub; "Intelligent Republicans" are a very rare breed these days, wrapped up in blind ideolougue hubris and all as they are now, it's impossible to squeeze any sense out of them.
Procedurally, your assertion that a draft "won't be started by the Republicans hand" is patentedly false - owning two branches and having a bully majority in the third, precludes any Democratic initiative being implemented.
No, my teenage friend, the GOP will have their fingerprints all over it.
Yes, Democrats did offer up the legislation. But you're missing the the chess game; implementing a draft would be the focusing "balm" necessary to get the collective heads out of the collective azzes of the American public.
We have a completely illegal invasion of a sovereign nation that has killed too many people to count, being conducted as a cover for corporate imperialism of the cronyism kind. Tens of billions of dollars unaccounted for, rampant price gouging, and the "production paying for the war" mythos completely shattered.
But where is the public on this? Focusing on gay marriage, feeding tubes, ten commandment monuments, Scott Peterson, protest of the Vietnam war and every other possible clebrity death or diversion that can be force fed to them in the 24 hour news cycle.
I have always been an advocate of standard service being required. I've been around the world and seen theat most countries require it. I'm a vet. I would think our citizenry would be extremely better off : I grew up in a disciplined household, so I didn't need the military to set me straight - but there are many teens who do.
Now my reservations to it now, as fodder for Corporate Manifest Desitiny, are not at odds.

eah, but I'll be ignored by the dissenting opinion, believe it or not. Is it fear of a good debate, or fear of not being able to spin the "facts" the way they want to.

hehehe There, maybe now someone will comment

DOn't fear the reaper, chafe, I'm coming for ya!!!

The draft will not have to be put into effect for the sake of our military. The only reason a draft would be started would be for political reasons. Right now, only the democrats have anything political to gain from a draft. How, you ask? Well, if they somehow pass a draft bill, they can say it was because of Bush's war mongering. If they don't, they're going to be hard pressed to beat the republicans in 2008 and probably in 2012, as well, because all of their doom and gloom politics won't come to pass. The Democrats need a draft to keep their party alive. As long as the Republicans stay in power, they won't get it.

Your contention that a draft would be the defining issue of the 2008 elections is way off & implies that everything on all levels is so honkey dory for the next 3 years that folks would need a "meteor" of an issue to shift directions? Na, nope , nyet, no way!
"Doom & Gloom" politics - Jake, I'm suprised you're regurgitating that mis-characterization?
Get a grip, son! Any honest tally of anything Bush in any category of measure is gloom filled!
They loved the hell out of the 2000 marketing "First MBA President", will run the government "like a business".
Well, he'd a been fired by now and drawn & quartered by any board of Directors that he'd have to answer to if that business analogy were valid.
The topic of the article is valid, even though the title is not.
We can see it now: every theme park, street fair, town carnivale and get together that I've attended over the past 2+ years has had a very visual & constant Military Recruiting booth - they got the "pimped out" Hummer decked out in branch colors - they'lll give you a T-shirt or some other trifle - let you do as many pull up or climb the rock wall....as long as the kid puts his info on the dotted line.
They've gotten clearence to get information on middle school children. So, the chat starts with 12 year old kids. "Accelerate your Life" - really? What's the natural conclusion to that statement? "Closer to death Quicker"?

Jake, it's naive to think that multiple theater warfare is even remotely possible with our numbers at their current status. The modern military is outfitted for two theater engagement. How many, in varying levels, do we have going now? We're active & deployed in South East Asia, the Korean Peninsula, Latin America, the Persian Gulf, Iraq & Afganistan.
The most active ground wars, Iraqi & Afgan, followed the script you laid out ( PsyOps/SForces/Smart bombs/"CIA incursion").....you point to these as examples of what we can do successfully in the future , avoiding a draft!?!?!

Afgan:
-We control the capital city exclusively
-The VP & President are only kept from assasination by American Mercanaries
( I think "Blackwater" has that contract)
-The rest of the country is controlled by either drug or war lords
- record drug production has flooded the globe with new Smack

Iraq
-A cluster so well documented I won't waste the space

In both countries, our main initiative ( building perm military bases) has moved forward flawlessly. Worthy of note: the Afgan bases follow the logical route of the pipeline....go figure!

Xatnys:

Bush & the Neo-cons are Fascists, as per my signature below. They'll be approaching Nazi status should their warfare by ethnicity continue unabatted. For example, the coming Iranian war will set a new high in Arab-esque death count, because of our efforts, and the US sattelite Israel ( the world's third military power) joing the fray while taking a detour through the Palestinian territories & Syria.
The avatar would be completely accurate with a Bush head & Mussolini body, however.
As for the self appointed proctor of discourse on ATS, rest assured that his farts smell like roses and his philisophical vision of what ATS should be is the ideal we should all gird our loins toward achieving!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Okay, i see your point and i do conced that the refering to the corporate war(iraq) is a wrong context for such a quote. However, the battles portrayed in braveheart were actually fictional. They happened differently historicly.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnone
Okay, i see your point and i do conced that the refering to the corporate war(iraq) is a wrong context for such a quote. However, the battles portrayed in braveheart were actually fictional. They happened differently historicly.

Very much so, for one thing william wallace never met robert the bruce.
Robert was in france at the time wallace was alive and about 10 years old I believe.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Great post there, nice meeting you.

I read through your post and notice that you make a very coherent point for the fact that we're watching a "Global Domination Shell Game" occurring right now. This here was brilliant so I wanted to reiterate it:

No, my teenage friend, the GOP will have their fingerprints all over it.
Yes, Democrats did offer up the legislation. But you're missing the the chess game; implementing a draft would be the focusing "balm" necessary to get the collective heads out of the collective azzes of the American public.

Because frankly, you can't look at almost any situation going on in American politics right now(since 2000) and NOT see GOP involvement or pressure, a great example is the fact that they go and push into Iraq and then when it all turns out to be lies and bullshat they then, as you say:

But where is the public on this? Focusing on gay marriage, feeding tubes, ten commandment monuments, Scott Peterson, protest of the Vietnam war and every other possible clebrity death or diversion that can be force fed to them in the 24 hour news cycle.

Right. The media is out to placate and pacify these people. Which basically amounts to something like:

"Don't question, don't protest, everything's A-OK. Hell, if you want to worry about something real serious, there are FAGS that are trying to get MARRIED! Up next Emril bakes a Prozac pizza - you're gonna love it! ....... "

Which actually means nothing. I mean not much that you see from the major media means anything anymore. And as we keep falling I wonder how many others are thinking "ok, so where's the bottom?" as I am.

I am certain that something in the way of Military Service Revision is on the way. And if it ends up being based around involuntary service of private citizens, then I'm against it. The current brand of imperialism is enough for me to want to puke a thousand times a day. What's worse is this new form of policy is going to wind up costing us so much, that we may not be able to recover from it even if the populace wanted to.

We can see it now: every theme park, street fair, town carnivale and get together that I've attended over the past 2+ years has had a very visual & constant Military Recruiting booth - they got the "pimped out" Hummer decked out in branch colors - they'lll give you a T-shirt or some other trifle - let you do as many pull up or climb the rock wall....as long as the kid puts his info on the dotted line.
They've gotten clearence to get information on middle school children. So, the chat starts with 12 year old kids. "Accelerate your Life" - really? What's the natural conclusion to that statement? "Closer to death Quicker"?

Exactly, increased military presence to make it seem like the service is god's gift to young adults. Local highschool has had USN USMC and US Army in their lunch room about twice a week since a year ago...

How long until we have our very own goose steeping version of "The Bush Youth"? I can't wait....

Xatnys:

Bush & the Neo-cons are Fascists, as per my signature below. They'll be approaching Nazi status should their warfare by ethnicity continue unabatted. For example, the Syria.
The avatar would be completely accurate with a Bush head & Mussolini body, however.
As for the self appointed proctor of discourse on ATS, rest assured that his farts smell like roses and his philisophical vision of what ATS should be is the ideal we should all gird our loins toward achieving!

Aye, totally agree that they're not quite to Nazi status. But you know that they're on the way there. I mean just the legislation that has been passed, if you look at it as a foundation for what's to come, and then you add in this "Nuclear Option" of totalitarianism that is in the media right now, it's a very short stones throw to see what's coming for us. Notice in my avatar, the skulls that line the bottom? That's symbolic of this Nazi-esque mentality on the rise. I'm going to see what I can do with a Mussolini body as well though, maybe I'll animate the two together as that would be a much bolder statement really.

I assure you I have no worries about "Majic". Although isn't it funny that he came in and tried to hijack my thread, started firing off all sorts of shat at me, and then when I came back and used logic to show his inner fascist, he then tried to play the victim.

I guess that's what happens when a mental midget and coward get's his azz handed to him. But yeah, I'm sure he's content with himself, but others can read our exchange and judge how badly he got slapped around by his own failures in logic and reason.

Thanks for stoppin by man, I really appreciate your thoughts and comments and hope to hear back from ya!

X

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Well, I was planning on reading through the thread and joining again full of the knowlege of everything y'all are talking about. However, I don't have the time for the next 3 or 4 weeks to go through all of it. I did skim through this page, though, and would like to point out some things.

First off, William Wallace's history is shrouded in mystery. There's a name, a possible gravestone, and legends. As we all should know, legends tend to grow in their scope as time passes on, especially when it's by word of mouth rather than written record. The writer of Braveheart found that his ancestory went back to William Wallace, and wanted to create a historical fiction, a possible story, about how the Scotts won their independance. Using Braveheart as something supporting an arguement is like using the DaVinci Code to "prove" Islam.

X, though you profess neutrality, you generally seem to be agreeing with the posters who have a rather liberal stance, and are anti-Bush typically in their political posts and disagreeing with those who have a more conservative stance. This, in combination with your avatar of GW holding a Nazi flag will cause people to percieve you as someone non-neutral. Like myself, you throw a bone to the other side where you see it deserves it, however, you do appear to side more with the liberal left than you do with the right, just as I come off as supporting the right far more than the left.

As to something to balance your avatar, what about having Robert Byrd burning a cross in some african american's yard with a bunch of white robed white triangle hooded folks standing around him?

Rock, rock on, I'll try to keep up with y'all so I don't sound like an idiot addressing something that's already been discussed!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
X, though you profess neutrality, you generally seem to be agreeing with the posters who have a rather liberal stance, and are anti-Bush typically in their political posts and disagreeing with those who have a more conservative stance. This, in combination with your avatar of GW holding a Nazi flag will cause people to percieve you as someone non-neutral. Like myself, you throw a bone to the other side where you see it deserves it, however, you do appear to side more with the liberal left than you do with the right, just as I come off as supporting the right far more than the left.

As to something to balance your avatar, what about having Robert Byrd burning a cross in some african american's yard with a bunch of white robed white triangle hooded folks standing around him?

Rock, rock on, I'll try to keep up with y'all so I don't sound like an idiot addressing something that's already been discussed!

Hey jake,

Thanks for stopping back in. I found it so strange that I was being accused of being democrat-biased in this thread. But then I realized something:

We're looking at but one subject here in this thread, so my views for this one subject will make those for it feel that I'm biased and those against it feel that I'm totally with them. Can't help that I guess, it's just the way the cookie crumbles.

I'm gonna go check out the Robert Byrd angle right now. We'll see what I can do

X

EDIT: There you go Jake, is that roundabouts what you were envisioning? Had fun making it btw.

X

[edit on 15-4-2005 by Xatnys]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join