It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That wasn't cheap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I posted a thread that my wife had been in an accident and there was minimal damage to her car. The adjuster came out yesterday to look at it and work up an estimate. He said he'd send us an email about the exact cost and how much the insurance will pay. They used to get you to go to at least 2 body shops, get estimates, send them in and they would pay the shop. Now, they send out the adjuster and cut you a check for what they figure will be the cost. It's up to you if you get it fixed or just pocket the money.

As he was finishing up and getting ready to leave, I ask could he give me a ballpark figure.

Somewhere between $5,000 to $6,000 was his guess.
I wish I could post pics of the car because if you saw it, you'd wonder just like me, WTH ? Ok, it busted the passenger side headlight and some damage to the doghouse and quarter panel. MINIMAL damage, ok ?
He said just the headlight cost around $750. I ordered one last night for $111 and I'll put it in myself.
He also said the car is not just White, it's Pearl White which is not a common color, so it's a special paint and more expensive.

Other than replacing the headlight, my wife says she doesn't really care about the rest and I'm tellin' ya folks, It's Not That Bad and definitely not 5 - $6,000 dollars bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

In Germany a few years back, it was about the equivalent of $650 just to get a scratch professionally repainted.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Paid $109.00 for an oil change.

It’s a racket.

You can’t dispose of oil legally.

It is truly ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

My son had an accident with a Versa and the damage wasn’t much different than yours.

$ 9 k and totaled. Took the $, threw another $ 5 k on it, got a nicer car.

It was easier than the hassle of selling the car lol.

posted on Nov, 4 2023 @ 09:17 PM
link   

edit on -18000pmp1020230458 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join