It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That's how you do it

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My wife was in an accident yesterday and she's fine, not even a bump or scratch. She was driving home and an older man pulled right out in front of her. She slammed on the brakes and steered trying to miss him, but got the rear quarter panel of his truck and the passenger side doghouse and quarter panel of her car. Nothing big, the car is still perfectly drivable, but it's ugly. It didn't just put dents, it creased the metal, so it'll need new parts.
Yeah, it could be "fixed" but I will not have Bondo on my vehicles.

The main point is how it was handled. The man instantly admitted fault and called his insurance company on the spot to report it and told them it was his fault. No arguing, no finger pointing, no excuses, just straight up took responsibility for his mistake. I've seen so many times people get in an accident and even though they were clearly in the wrong, they want to fight about it and blame the other person.

We called called them again when she got home and they said they already have a report, but wanted to verify my wife's vehicle, name and address and said they'll be sending out an Adjuster today or tomorrow. He and my wife had traded information and he called a bit ago to check on her to make sure she was ok. He said sometimes after a wreck you're sore the next day and he just wanted to make sure everything was alright.

That's how you do it.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

an older man

THAT'S the kind of integrity Boomers had ingrained in them and seems to be lacking in the life lessons parents are teaching their kids now.

I'm glad everyone was okay!

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing. In today's world of crazies, it is nice to know that there are still some sane respectable people in our world. I'm glad everyone is OK.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
My wife was in an accident yesterday and she's fine, not even a bump or scratch. She was driving home and an older man pulled right out in front of her. She slammed on the brakes and steered trying to miss him, but got the rear quarter panel of his truck and the passenger side doghouse and quarter panel of her car. Nothing big, the car is still perfectly drivable, but it's ugly. It didn't just put dents, it creased the metal, so it'll need new parts.
Yeah, it could be "fixed" but I will not have Bondo on my vehicles.

The main point is how it was handled. The man instantly admitted fault and called his insurance company on the spot to report it and told them it was his fault. No arguing, no finger pointing, no excuses, just straight up took responsibility for his mistake. I've seen so many times people get in an accident and even though they were clearly in the wrong, they want to fight about it and blame the other person.

We called called them again when she got home and they said they already have a report, but wanted to verify my wife's vehicle, name and address and said they'll be sending out an Adjuster today or tomorrow. He and my wife had traded information and he called a bit ago to check on her to make sure she was ok. He said sometimes after a wreck you're sore the next day and he just wanted to make sure everything was alright.

That's how you do it.

You must not live in Texas - that would never happen here. LOL
I have a front/rear dash cam on my vehicle because there are so many hit and runs and stupid accidents.

Glad she is OK and the dude handled it properly!

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: shaemac

I know. My oldest Son and my Sister live in the DFW area and his truck has all kinds of little dings from bump and run accidents or car door in parking lots. He was a very careful driver till he moved there...now he drives like Dale Earnhardt. He's still careful, but if you wanna start playing bumper cars, he's your man.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: shaemac

I know. My oldest Son and my Sister live in the DFW area and his truck has all kinds of little dings from bump and run accidents or car door in parking lots. He was a very careful driver till he moved there...now he drives like Dale Earnhardt. He's still careful, but if you wanna start playing bumper cars, he's your man.

Im born and raised here but was living elsewhere and just returned not too long ago. It is super scary driving the roads here. Never seen anything like it. Now the road ragers are randomly shooting people on the highways.
I avoid them as much as possible!

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

an older man

THAT'S the kind of integrity Boomers had ingrained in them

Yes. If it had been a Gen Z crybaby that pulled out in front of her, said Zoomer would probably have blamed everyone and everything but themselves, and then needed counseling and a safe space to recover from the difficulties and tribulations of driving in the hard cold world.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2

originally posted by: nugget1

THAT'S the kind of integrity Boomers had ingrained in them

I am 1 year shy of being a melliennial. I must have been hanging with my grandparents too much. When I get in an accident, I always make sure to check on the other person and when it was my fault, I take blame and am kind even if the other person was speeding and that's why it happened. Kindness is what will count when we are gone.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Lucky for you and your wife.

I've been rear-ended twice. Both times by some punk kid who appeared high and ended up being hit-and-runs. I got plate numbers and both times the plates didn't even match the vehicle registration.

The last one, I was sitting at a red light and got slammed from behind. My vehicle was totaled. Dude took off after freaking out. His insurance claimed that I fled the scene.

I hate people.

edit on 1-11-2023 by 2Narcoleptic2Buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Sure does beat In China, It’s Cheaper to Kill a Pedestrian Purposefully After Hitting Them than Stop to Help.

The following video is just pure gold!

edit on 1-11-2023 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

join