It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Signs Executive Order Forcing Tech Companies to Program Marxist Ideology in AI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Far left ideology. The Marxism of 'equity'. Integral in how AI functions and enforced by the law. Yeah ... easy to see what a mess this is going to be.

Biden Signs Executive Order Forcing Tech Companies to Program Marxist Ideology in AI

Democrat President Joe Biden has just signed an executive order that forces tech companies to program radical Marxist ideology into artificial intelligence (AI). The White House announced the order on Monday, claiming the order seeks to regulate the emerging AI industry. However, buried in the order is a provision that stipulates that AI must help to advance the leftist agenda. The order mandates that AI must be programmed with a foundation based on “equity.” Not to be confused with “equality,” the Left’s “equity” agenda is based on Marxism.

Whereas “equality” teaches that everybody should be treated equally, no matter their race or sex, “equity” asserts that people should be treated differently depending on their skin color, “gender identity,” or mental state. Under the “equity” ideology, for example, a transgender would be given advantages, such as securing a college scholarship or being offered a job, over a normal person. The White House says it will send out guidance to landlords, federal contractors, federal benefits programs, and others to reduce the possibility of racial and other biases in their use of AI. There will also be enforcement of the new laws with prosecutions for those who fail to comply.

The unspoken fear is that AI will be allowed to analyze certain types of data, such as criminal records and credit ratings, which might result in unequal outcomes for certain groups. If AI is used to approve mortgage applications, for example, a person could be more like to get approved if they’re “non-binary” and a racial minority, while a straight white man could struggle.

White House Fact Sheet on the Executive Order

Advancing Equity and Civil Rights

Irresponsible uses of AI can lead to and deepen discrimination, bias, and other abuses in justice, healthcare, and housing. The Biden-Harris Administration has already taken action by publishing the Blueprint for an AI Bill of Rights and issuing an Executive Order directing agencies to combat algorithmic discrimination, while enforcing existing authorities to protect people’s rights and safety. To ensure that AI advances equity and civil rights, the President directs the following additional actions:

Provide clear guidance to landlords, Federal benefits programs, and federal contractors to keep AI algorithms from being used to exacerbate discrimination.

Address algorithmic discrimination through training, technical assistance, and coordination between the Department of Justice and Federal civil rights offices on best practices for investigating and prosecuting civil rights violations related to AI.

Ensure fairness throughout the criminal justice system by developing best practices on the use of AI in sentencing, parole and probation, pretrial release and detention, risk assessments, surveillance, crime forecasting and predictive policing, and forensic analysis.

edit on 10/31/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

After which, he asked for an extra side of tartar sauce.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Far left ideology. The Marxism of 'equity'. Integral in how AI functions and enforced by the law. Yeah ... easy to see what a mess this is going to be.

Sorry, but the Prez doesn't have the authority to mandate any such thing via E.O. or any other Executive power.

Of course that won't stop Google and MS from owing down to the pretender in thief and using the EO as an excuse for what they've already done...

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Sorry, but the Prez doesn't have the authority to mandate any such thing via E.O. or any other Executive power.

Of course that won't stop Google and MS from owing down to the pretender in thief and using the EO as an excuse for what they've already done...
I thought that but being an ignorant Scotsman I wasn't sure.
Hopefully the peado in chief is ignored.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

That's All the World Needs , a Virtual Josef Stalin 2.0 .....................Geez..........

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I wonder what operating system the AI will identify as using.

posted on Oct, 31 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
All right, this just got me off the fence on this idea I've been thinking about for a couple of years.

I had thought that I should dedicate a computer system to AI programming, one I use as a private WiFi LAN network. It would cover all the network devices in my home including those using Bluetooth.

I had thought that with all that AI under the control of governments and corporations, I should have at least one AI on my side, one that looks out for me and my interests. With what you just posted, it's clear this is what I must do now. I need a right-wing conservative "Awake" survivalist paranoid conspiracy theorist programmed AI app that can help me with my private local network as well as with my online networking.

It could run my security system, monitor news feeds for important news, help with research, and who knows what else AI could do if it worked for me instead of them.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   
It's already been in AI for a while. It's a much bigger threat than many seem to think it is.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Never heard of this Slaynews news site that you post as a source. Let's look deeper...

Oh look, they were founded in 2021 and are anonymously run, gotta love that transparency.

mediabiasfactcheck.com...#:~:text=See%20all%20Questionable%20sources.,fact%20checks%2C%20and%20blatant%20plagiari sm.

I'll admit they get points for linking the White House Fact Sheet, but you'll get hypertension from reading this site because you're going to have to take it all with a grain of salt.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 04:30 AM
link   
"It" is currently known as being an if, then, else statements as a parent child relationship nearly identical to foldering in classification and hierarchies to the operating system as source and code. Where gigo(garbage in and garbage out) still applies at the personal computing level at the user level of "choice" in deleting or keeping what they've put on it.

If he wants a Marxist bot? He should have one made like the other Ai philosophers(if there isn't one already) and see what kind of feedback loop he gets...

Initiating it on ALL dictator such a that sort of machine or a memeograph is all he would logically be in owing money to the world as it would be printed with his face on it...

Hence those that choose presidential toilet paper or real looking "bucks" after one has left the proverbial "Oval office" as a sitting, standing or laying down "one" acting president is the funnier title... However; Ronald Reagan already filled that role.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 04:32 AM
link   
"equity" is inherently opposed to Marxism. Which teaches absolute equality.

To hell with this discriminatory executive order at any rate.
edit on 2112023 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka
Many times that executive pardon they are looking for comes in the form of a turkey in trying to be an eagle above all others.

Many would point out that moving the agreed pole of the nation was a mistake that cannot be fixed as a totem for which it stood and when moved? No longer stands.

posted on Nov, 2 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

That's All the World Needs , a Virtual Josef Stalin 2.0 .....................Geez..........
Yep you nailed it!!!!!!
It’s pretty diabolical and unconstitutional but when has that ever stopped them ?

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I wonder what operating system the AI will identify as using.

Binary?

posted on Nov, 3 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Equity v. Equality - there is a difference.

www.marinhhs.org...

It's obvious that some people want to deny the fact that some people are marginalized within a societal framework that takes a long time to catch up to treating those people with the same 'equity' they enjoy themselves.

It has nothing to do with political ideology and has everything to do with human rights and fairness in decision-making at the top and the bottom rungs of those holding power over others' quality of life.

Sec. 2. Definitions. For purposes of this order: (a) The term “equity” means the consistent and systematic fair, just, and impartial treatment of all individuals, including individuals who belong to underserved communities that have been denied such treatment, such as Black, Latino, and Indigenous and Native American persons, Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and other persons of color; members of religious minorities; lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ+) persons; persons with disabilities; persons who live in rural areas; and persons otherwise adversely affected by persistent poverty or inequality.

www.whitehouse.gov... es-through-the-federal-government/

I just watched a short documentary on how black American farmers were systematically denied government loans to keep their farms up and running while white farmers were given the loans. One white government official said he would rather die than give a black American farmer a loan. Reparations were made to black American farmers in the amount of $2 Billion when the actual harm/damages amounted to $320 Billion.
edit on q000000211130America/Chicago5454America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join