It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alan Wake 2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Just wondering if anyone is playing Alan Wake 2 yet.

And your thoughts and opinions as to the game?

Apparently, it's rather a demanding title hardware-wise on the PC.

And yet the PS5 version runs relatively well.

Hopefully, it's not another poorly optimized half-fished port PC-wise.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I played some of the first game but it wasn't for me so I'll pass on the second instalment, I think the fact it's an Epic exclusive will put some players off although I've got a full library of games on Epic and only bought 2.

The system requirements do look high for the game but it seems to run OK on modern (RTX) cards although 60 fps at 1080p is an aspiration not always met even with a 30 series card , not keen on the two protagonist element and it seems to be ticking boxes in that aspect.

From reviews I've seen it's being well received and the £40 price point is reasonable by todays standards , if I was into the genre I'd probably give it a go but again it depends on your hardware.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yeah, the £40 price tag seems to be on the ball considering some games are about £60 now.

Hopefully, that does not mean it's rather short, by the looks of things that amounts to about 25 to 30 hours depending on play style.

I quite enjoyed the first Alan Wake.

And yes the reviews do indeed seem to be promising.

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'll download it today. First was good but word is, this is way better. The game Control is in the same universe, it even had Alan Wake in it

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

It's not half pretty i have to say.

Storytelling thus far seems adequate and rather good.

Nearly sh@t my breeks a couple mins ago, I've got in on the big TV with the lights out. LoL

Aye, this is rather good, 8 out of 10 thus far from me.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

The system requirements do look high for the game but it seems to run OK on modern (RTX) cards although 60 fps at 1080p is an aspiration not always met even with a 30 series card ,

Enable HAGS
Use MSI utility(not Afterburner) to turn on MSI at high.(only fort graphics card)
MSI Utility
Enable REBAR in the BIOS.
I have found the above not to be placebos.
Microsoft and Nvidia has started the direct storage support.

edit on 29-10-2023 by IsAnyoneThere because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2023 by IsAnyoneThere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Great game, I always go for the weirder stuff, in some ways this has a Twin Peaks vibe. They say playtime should be around 20 hours, but I'm not even halfway through and have already hit 20 hours. I have spent a lot of time exploring off the beaten path, and mostly trying to figure out puzzles or finding something. It isn't tedious though, it's entertaining and scary. If really stuck the PS5 game cards can help, or just saying "Alan Wake 2 warehouse safe code" in my phone assistant. But that is rare, more fun to take some time to figure it out. And even spending time and trying to be thorough I'm sure I've missed some stuff.

May also get the new Yakuza game The Man Who Forgot His Name when it releases tomorrow. Kind of bummed, I hear it does not have english dialogue like the Judgement games or Like a Dragon
edit on vTuesdaypm207America/Chicago by vlawde because: (no reason given)

top topics

join