It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Incident Analysis

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: unknowndude

originally posted by: unknowndude
Greetings ATS peers!

As everyone is no doubt aware by now, this site is in quite a predicament. All users were locked out and forced to recreate their user accounts, including mods, and no word from the owners/admins on what's up. A ship without a captain.

Now since this is ATS after all, we have a few theories on what is going on, as well as alot of bs being spewed by the bots/ai/spammers. So far we have:

1. Got hacked by outside parties
2. Some kind of configuration or database error
3. These actions were planned and intentional for unknown reasons by the owners

Now for me, 1 and 2 dont make alot of sense if we expect the owners to check in more frequently than 4 months ago. Now if 1 or 2 happened and the owners are MIA and unaware, maybe, but I am assuming they bought it for a reason, like to make money, so this doesn't jive with me unless there are other reasons.

3 seems more and more likely the longer we go like this. If ATS is still up and in this state in 3 months, my vote goes to this one, as someone has to pay the bills. And who pays bills on something they've ignored?

What do you guys think? As this situation unfolds, I would like to use this thread to notate any notable events, like mods now moderating or some word from Darko or others in the know, and discuss the possibilities.

Just to report back, Mods are back in and ATS is being cleaned up. More details to come from them soon hopefully, but in short... THANKS _GHOST_!

And I have recovered my old account thanks to our new "provisional administration", I will call them...
I am posting here as my original account to show resolution of this incident, at least for my username. Mods have been working hard already on the mess and the owners are still MIA as far as this guy knows!

This community rocks, though the veil has now fallen, and the peasants have stormed their castle's walls and are now like "what now?" But no matter what, they will get this ATS community back together for whatever our new reality may bring! Many already noticed the lack of ownership presense recently, but it has now been jerked into the forefront of ATS's attention, for the moment at least. Who knows what will happen from here, but until then I'll just say this...

CHEERS AND WHERES THE POPCORN?!

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: unknownguy

What a show.
What an unbelievable movie.

Now for homework for anybody who wants to understand what is happening this is your assignment.
Go to the Whitehouse insider, the Q thread and begin reading from the 1st thread

Thanks ghost, this is so much fun to watch.
Does Dashen get an award or something for indirectly saving ATS?

What a show!

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: RememberRemember

If they didnt want ATS to exist, they wouldnt allow us to remake our accounts so easily.

A bot sweep?

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FarmerSimulation

Now for homework for anybody who wants to understand what is happening this is your assignment. Go to the Whitehouse insider, the Q thread and begin reading from the 1st thread Thanks ghost, this is so much fun to watch. Does Dashen get an award or something for indirectly saving ATS?

I wonder a little along these lines.. Can you expand on what you are saying..

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ghost has only expressed himself in the Q thread.
And now he is the shotcaller.
It looks like, to me, that Darko came here to taint the Q thread just like what Jim Watkins did to Q on 4chan. And he was willing to take as down to do it.
And ghost saved ats, because of the Q thread?

To steal a Startrek theme.
Darko was borg, and ghost is Q.
But I don't think ghost is Q. Not yet anyway.
Maybe possibly probably on the team though.

a reply to: purplemer

edit on 27-10-2023 by FarmerSimulation because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: FarmerSimulation

Thanks for that. will go and back read some Q thread and see.. . Been offline for last little while.

Its spicy time..Happy days

:

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I've grown quite fond of my new name. Will I be forced to use my old acct or renew it.

I honestly have lost a lot of trust and respect for ATS after this BS, no owner, no communication and disinformation and filth from trolls,
Something stinks...they just threw

"Deny Ignorance" in the cyber trash...imo.
edit on 28-10-2023 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz
Nobody's going to be forced back to their old accounts; they're not easily finding time to process those who want to go back. I'm sticking with my new account out of laziness.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join