It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Trashes Nuclear Test Ban Treaty --- AKA --- HA HA beat you to it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 11:46 AM
link   
On Wednesday, October 18th 2023
The United States Government Made the decision to forgo its participation of the 1996 Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBTO), which bans all nuclear explosions, whether for military or peaceful purposes.

The treaty, which was to be ratified by 44 specific International signatories, was never fully ratified and remains to this day un-enforceable due to the failure of 8 of those 44 Nations who failed to Ratify the treaty.

China, India, Pakistan, North Korea, Israel, Iran, Egypt, and the United States.

Go figure....
Comprehensive Test Ban Treay at a Glance

In any case, the decision was made to conduct nuclear weapons weapons tests in Nevada, in lue of Russian parlaiments decision to revoke the ratification of said treaty.

The lower house of Russia's parliament on Wednesday gave its final approval to a bill revoking the ratification of a global nuclear test ban treaty

Russia's Duma votes to revoke ratification of global nuclear test ban

The tests, conducted at "The P tunnel in Area 12 of the Nevada National Security Site in Nevada" were a "high explosive experiment"

"These experiments advance our efforts to develop new technology in support of U.S. nuclear nonproliferation goals," Corey Hinderstein, Deputy Administrator for Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation at the National Nuclear Security Administration, said in a statement. "They will help reduce global nuclear threats by improving the detection of underground nuclear explosive tests.

US conducts nuclear test in Nevada hours after Russian move to revoke global test ban

Here is a video that Government has given a nice spin, smiling faces and referencing a completely different treaty than the one discussed in the previous article.

Given the current situation, how do you feel about this?
Could this give reason for other nations like Iran, North Korea or Russia to conduct further tests?
Could this be an inflammatory action to provoke Russian aspirations of Nuclear proliferation?

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Not another "Cold War" or is this just fearmongering again.

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Trump Taunts Kim: My 'Nuclear Button' Is 'Much Bigger' Than Yours

President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un are once again publicly comparing the size of their respective nuclear arsenals, with the president tweeting that the U.S. "nuclear button" is "much bigger & more powerful" than the one controlled by Pyongyang.

www.npr.org...

Mine is bigger than yours...it had to be said.

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
When the story comes out that is just a nuke test these days, sounds like cover for a reason to really set one of these things off.

As for what is really going where the test was done? Another Dulce underground alien base getting out of control?

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DatGuyv2

The US has been conducting subcritical testing in Nevada since before the test ban treaty was implemented. In 2003, they conducted the 20th subcritical test at the site, in recent years. In 1960, during a temporary test ban, 50 subcritical tests were performed at LANL area 49. Since then there have been dozens of subcritical tests performed, some with plutonium substitutes, some with aged plutonium, some with new alloys, some with mock warheads.

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Phelan205

The article states "high explosive test" and I checked to see if there were indications of it from the USGS, would they even detect or report on something happening at this site?
I don't know the difference between subcritical and high explosive, especially in relation to Plutonium and nuclear testing.
I couldnt find anyhting about the testing you mentioned in 2003 but here is an article about some done in 2012

Bulletin of The Atomic Scientists

The article says it was as the same location and is the 27th such test since 1992
edit on Fripm311300000023v2 by DatGuyv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 01:44 PM
link   

In 1997 and 1998, Rebound, and Stagecoach took place. Rebound was to study small plutonium samples react to shock at specific pressures. Stagecoach was the same pressure ranges, using aging plutonium. After those two was Cimarron, which tested ejecta from plutonium. There have been 33 subcritical tests starting with Rebound.

Subcritical experiments are an integral part of Stockpile Stewardship. To
date, the U.S. has conducted 33 subcritical experiments since 1997.
These experiments are carefully designed so that the plutonium never
reaches the point where a nuclear explosion would occur—thus, the
experiments remain subcritical.7 Because subcritical experiments do not
produce a nuclear explosion, they do not conflict with the U.S moratorium
on nuclear testing. However, subcritical experiments do involve
plutonium—a radioactive material. To contain the radioactive material
after detonation and protect human health and the environment, NNSA
conducts each subcritical experiment underground and in a steel
confinement vessel. (See fig. 1.) After executing the subcritical
experiment, NNSA encapsulates the confinement vessel in concrete at
the U1a facility—a process known as entombment.

www.gao.gov...

Mayors for Peace protest letter.

The 2003 test was Piano. It was actually 20 since 1997, not in 2003, my mistake. In 2002, it was it was Rocco.
www.nevadaappeal.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Phelan205

thanks, I appreciate the links, something I will book mark along with the archives of the older above ground testing. Its much more interesting to watch them as opposed to only reading about them.

So you don't think this recent test was about provocation?
Seems kinda like that to me, given the timing.

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Tests like this are usually planned months ahead of time. It may have been moved up, but only if it was already close to being ready to happen. It's possible that it could be provocation, but I'd put it pretty low, unless they had the materials sitting on a shelf available to use.

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Is there anyway to verify detention happened? It would be a crazy way to saber rattle at a time like now.

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: SomeStupidName

Not sure myself, the information in the article I linked to the OP didn't specify but the implication was that there was a nuclear explosion ( at least by the title).

After reading some other information it appears they can do testing without actual detonation.

In light these tests were done to improve the equipment that is used to detect underground detonations

posted on Oct, 20 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Prepare for a "Nuclear war drill".

---Less than half kidding.

top topics

join