It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Viewpoint based upon the writings of Dostoyevsky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   
www.wsj.com... share_permalink

Hopefully the link works.

Great Read for those of you who read.

Some people who cheer Hamas’s atrocities would surely be capable of committing similar acts if given an opportunity.

A comment from the author of the article:

I have heard commentators worried that cancel culture and suppression of diverse opinions might lead to a “soft totalitarianism.” If only. We need to recognize that some of those who justify Hamas’s atrocities would be ready to perform them against their designated enemies. And unlike Dostoevsky’s Turks or today’s Hamas, they would have high-tech means at their disposal to extend their reach. I fear that the horrors of the 20th century may prove only a foretaste of much worse in the near future.

Yes, it could happen here. And it probably will before too long. For those still living in/near the US Urban hellscapes, things may soon become much worse.

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
What disappoints me is the amount of people who think Israel and the Jews are innocent, have done nothing to cause this when history clearly indicates otherwise

Not sure Israel are the innocent bystanders, not excusing hamas, just suggesting that Israel have been a little difficult to deal with in the past

Also worth noting, Germany pre WW1 and 2 were historically a Christianised nation, leading christian nation

posted on Oct, 19 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Over what tho?

What specific movement will spark a organized nation wide sprawl of a politicized death March? The two prime examples of can give are Maoist China and Germany pre ww2, both instances took massive socialtal collapse to get to the point they did. Is the US on the brink of that?

join