It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fears and religions.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Some say hell is real. And we're gonna suffer for it you dickwads.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined2
Ok you’re going off piste again! The bible your bible says he appears as a man in fact 3 men and that he ate some food. So where in the bible are you getting this information from? What you are alluding to is Theophany! The term "theophany" was used to refer to appearances of the gods in ancient Greece the Iliad is the earliest source for descriptions of theophanies in classical antiquity (which occur throughout Greek mythology). So now we have Christians unable to explain gods appearance as a man saying “I know we can say it’s theophany”
If he can appear as a man why go through the Virgin birth saga lol. Looks like you’re struggling to put this jigsaw together lol.

So back to El Shaddai which is actually not a name it’s a title and means lord or king of the mountain. I think I’ve posted earlier that up until 150 year ago the only source of information of ancient history in the Middle East was the bible. That’s why the ancient Israeli scribes had no knowledge of El Shaddais real meaning and guessed at a translation such as the lord or similar. Fortunately archaeologists, historians and researchers came along and discovered the real ancient past. Back to Abraham I take it you know where he lived when El Shaddai? Told him to leave! It was UR in Sumer interesting don’t you think.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   

So how do we now know the real story of ancient history as opposed to a made up tale guessed at by ancient Israeli scribes? thankfully the Sumerians wrote everything down on clay tablets. In 1922 Sir Leonard Woolley began excavating the ancient city of Ur which took 12 years. The excavation recovered thousands and thousands of the clay tablets. Once translated El Shaddais real meaning came to light “the shining lord of the mountain “ it seems the Mesopotamians referred to their god as “Ilu Kur-gal” and the Canaanites gave their god the title “El Elyon”. Ilu Kur-gal and El Elyon when translated mean “the shining lord of the mountain. The Sumerians wrote down their creation story on 7 tablets called the Enuma Elish. Now the Sumerian creation story will sound very familiar to you. Out of the primal waters the Gods were made then the universe and the earth along with the animals God also made a new species to help the gods. He made human beings and called them the Adamu. After some time he got fed up with the Adamu and decided to destroy them with a flood. Gods brother (yes god has a brother and a wife and a son but it’s not JC) doesn’t want the Adamu destroying so he tells a man called Ziasudra to build a boat fill it with his family and some animals including a white dove and a raven. The earth is flooded and Ziasudra survives. Now doesn’t that sound familiar? So who is this God amongst all the other gods because your bible does mention the other gods Psalms “For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised; he is to be revered above all gods” (96:4). Well it turns out your God the god of the bible is non other than Enlil his brother is Enki his wife is Ninlil and god does have a son sorry not JC but Ninurta.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AYYLMAOS
Some say hell is real. And we're gonna suffer for it you dickwads.

Wow AYYLMAOS has contributed a valued comment how intelligent is he.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Radchad

God is the invisible Spirit and Jesus is the physical manifestation of that Spirit that we see with our eyes. Jesus appeared to Abraham along with two angels, as angels also have the ability to manifest themselves into the physical world.

Jesus allowed himself to be born into the flesh so that He could become the perfect blood sacrifice for our sins in order to cleanse our souls. Why a blood sacrifice was necessary is a longer explanation for another thread.

The Sumerians worshipped a whole host of "gods" that included angels posing as God. That's not to say that the one true God never made Himself known to them, but they obviously chose to worship all of them. The early Israelites were not immune to that either. Even though God came to them in different forms, and He was obviously given different titles/names, He had a hard time getting them to understand that He was One God and not many. They kept trying to separate Him out, which is why He had to keep telling them..."Hear O'Israel, the Lord your God is One"! Jesus had to repeat that phrase too.

I know the Trinity aspect of God is difficult for some human minds to understand, but we have to stop limiting who He is and boxing Him into our human concepts.

Read up on the biblical "Mystery Babylon". A day is coming when God is going to bring His wrath down on all of the fallen angels who tried to pose as God and lead man astray by convincing them to worship and follow them instead of God. Examples such as Lucifer and the king of Tyre are in the Bible.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You still don’t get it lol! The Old Testament is basically stories from the Enuma Elish thousands of years before Judaism, Christianity and Islam. The stories were passed down verbally but lots of it were lost so the ancient Israeli scribes filled in the gaps. The Church of Rome hijacked the new religion put together a book with rules that the followers must adhere to. Constantine needed a book to make the new religion Devine he then declared himself gods representative on earth and took control of the religion appointing the church bishops who eventually became popes and ironically later on they chose future kings. There are more gospels not in the bible than are actually in it. Why do you think? They didn’t fit Constantine’s agenda. I’m done now the saying is true you can take a horse to water but you can’t make it drink. You’re a bit like the pianist sat at the piano ploncking a tune out your hitting the right notes but in the wrong order. Do you know what happened to the early believers of the new religion the Nazarenes, Essenes, Arians etc who fled the holy land for fear of Constantine’s heretical punishment. Well they’re still around as is there religion which is probably the real Christianity. Have a good weekend!

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Radchad

Well, we will never agree on what constitutes as "real Christianity". But I'm going to assume that you still believe your God is Jesus, even though you haven't verbalized it?

As I said early on, I don't expect you to understand my reasoning. However, since your reasoning is different, why don't you share it with us.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join