It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace Through Strength

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Peace Through Strength has been our policy, our doctrine, since our beginning. We have always maintained that the best way to deter aggression is to project overwhelming strength. We are entering times where that may be more important than it has been in a long while.

As George Washington said:

There is a rank due to the United States among nations which will be withheld, if not absolutely lost, by the reputation of weakness. If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known that we are at all times ready for war.

Ronald Reagan later reinforced the doctrine, saying in a speech:

We know that peace is the condition under which mankind was meant to flourish. Yet peace does not exist of its own will. It depends on us, on our courage to build it and guard it and pass it on to future generations. George Washington's words may seem hard and cold today, but history has proven him right again and again. "To be prepared for war," he said, "is one of the most effective means of preserving peace." Well, to those who think strength provokes conflict, Will Rogers had his own answer. He said of the world heavyweight champion of his day: "I've never seen anyone insult Jack Dempsey."

Peace Through Strength has helped us win the Cold War. It has maintained global peace since WW2 and has allowed not only us, but numerous allies all over the globe, to prosper and better their lives, propped up by sporadic localized conflicts in lieu of a world war. But we are now entering trying times. Various actors over the world are attempting to change what has been mostly a period of peace and prosperity, and are attempting to do it through force and expansion.

We cannot be complacent. We need to be united here at home. We need to make sure our legislators are not playing politics at a time like this. We need to write to our representatives and ask them to do anything they can to make sure the hundreds of military positions being held up, get pushed through. We need these people in their positions right now, not later.

The America that we cherish and hope to pass on to the next generation depends on the promise that we have a military strong enough to protect it and everything it stands for. Without that kind of military might to defend us from our enemies and to deter potential adversaries, everything that America is and was meant to be could be lost — our freedom, our prosperity, and our very way of life.

Unfortunately, our adversaries are spending heavily to increase their capabilities while our armed forces are understaffed and using equipment that’s outdated and on the verge of retirement. China and Russia are both working to overtake the United States as the dominant world power. We know that their purpose is not to use their militaries for defense, but to put more of the world under their control.

And it's not just Russia and China, although those are our main foes. Iran has always been a threat, and with the recent developments in the Middle East, and us reneging on giving them the funds we promised in exchange for American prisoners, they may use the chaos and mayhem to retaliate. North Korea may abuse all of these conflicts and situations in their own way.

Deterrence, to me, seems to be the only viable option. Help the allies that need help and modernize more of our own military by increasing production in all sectors tied to the military. Where do we get money for this increased spending? Well, I have ideas, but those would derail this topic. First we need to agree on what is in our best interests.

Ronald Reagan Foundation

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Do you think having the military focus on DEI, and understanding their "White rage" is the best way to build a strong military to convey Peace through Strength?

There is a very good reason our military is having massive recruitment issues.

Those issues will be resolved when we get a Republican in the white house. As I told you in the other thread, History shows this much better than I could ever explain.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

We cannot be complacent. We need to be united here at home. We need to make sure our legislators are not playing politics at a time like this.

Enjoy the bed you made.

Now that there are no adults in charge, you wish to call for strength and unity.

Methinks the pendulum has shifted and it's going to be a very troubling time.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Do you think having the military focus on DEI, and understanding their "White rage" is the best way to build a strong military to convey Peace through Strength?

Those issues will be resolved when we get a Republican in the white house. As I told you in the other thread, History shows this much better than I could ever explain.

I don't think we can wait until January 2025. We need the Dem leadership to wake up to the reality of the world right now. Problem is, they'll never admit they made a mistake. Wait, there is a way... blame everything on Trump and pretend they're just taking "unprecedented" action to fix things!

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Here I actually thought you would advocate for a de-escalation of war not an escalation of it.

The military has met 13% or it's projected 2023 recruitment goal. Do you know why?

People are tired of fighting for a system that will discard them the moment they are no longer a use to the military industrial complex. We need less Regan and more Eisenhower in times like this.

If you are so invested in this cause enlist and put your money where your mouth is already.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

There ARE reasons our military is having recruitment issues. And it has nothing to do with your fantasies about being woke.

Reason #1 is that the US population pyramid that defines the demographics of how many young people are coming into military recruitment age is and has been becoming inverted for a while now:

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:USA_Population_Pyramid.svg

Simply put, people haven't been having as many kids these days as they did 20, 40, or 60 years ago so there aren't as many new ones coming along to replace the ones who are aging out. Virtually every developed country has been experiencing the same phenomenon. It is a natural result of urbanization and modernization. And if you think it's bad here, look at China and Russia. They are about 10 years behind us, and shrinking faster.

Reason #2 is that the skills required to be useful in today's military are pretty much the same skills required to be successful in high tech industries. That's because the military is and has been becoming steadily more dependent on high tech to succeed. A stupid soldier carrying a rifle is not as useful as it used to be. In most cases they would just be cannon fodder today. On the other hand, a soldier who can program computers or calculate a missile trajectory or build and fly a drone is quite useful. The US military is competing with Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc. and those companies can pay quite a bit better than the US military, so fewer young people are opting for the military.

Reason #3 is that America's (and the rest of the developed world's) problem with obesity makes more and more young people unable to pass the military fitness standards.

A Republican in the White House isn't going to solve any of those problems.

Especially an obese, draft dodger President who thinks that anyone who volunteers for the military is an idiot and a sucker.

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Was Reagan your President? Things changed for the wife n I, mortgages, education...too many to mention...and I hadn't voted for him.

But America did become better, more aggressive, more opps than previous years.

Any actor can become President...and with an Astrology obsessed wife making day to day appts....and cancelling meets for world leaders if the days stars weren't right...well there you go...

Oh...and Reagans best partner hands down was a Chimpanzee named "Bonzo"... and he was fond oh saying to her " Let's go mommy"...."Mommy, I've canceled that Star in Scorpio appt w Sadat Friday ".

It was unique. Actor w monkey, mommy driven astrological based Presidency...occasional walking into walls.

End opinion of him was way old, too much an actor...too governed by momma Nancys astrologers.

The United States was governed with astrology. No moves unless "mommy" said. Daily...

You what'll kill the world? Providing lesser nations weaponry to kill other nations.

Eventually...every side will be armed..and will turn on everyone they don't like...including us who prob provided the ammo....

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Peace Through Strength has helped us win the Cold War. It has maintained global peace since WW2 and has allowed not only us, but numerous allies all over the globe, to prosper and better their lives

That went away as soon as Barry was sworn in.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
The ability to destroy is seen as a strength when happiness is considered a weakness.

A fortress is made for battle, only an attacker needs defense and rules as a dictator.

Piercing the nail through the foot to make them go where you want the reality we live is similar to an MK-Ultra experiment and we all applaud.
edit on 14-10-2023 by Untun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Peace Through Strength has helped us win the Cold War. It has maintained global peace since WW2 and has allowed not only us, but numerous allies all over the globe, to prosper and better their lives

That went away as soon as Barry was sworn in.

Trump had it in spades.
No one knew what he would do.

top topics

join