It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two teenagers face murder charges after retired police chief dies in a hit-and-run attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 11:23 PM
link   
A video with the story that has sparked outrage can be found here:

youtu.be...

abcnews.go.com...

As two teenagers face murder charges in an alleged intentional hit-and-run that killed a retired police chief who was biking in Las Vegas, the victim's family is reeling from the "cold and callous" way he died.

Andreas "Andy" Probst, 64, a former police chief for Bell, California, died after a vehicle slammed into him while riding in a designated bike lane last month, authorities said. Clark County Sheriff Kevin McMahill called it a "senseless murder," with the two suspects accused of intentionally striking Probst and then leaving him for dead.

The two teens -- Jesus Ayala, 18, and Jzamir Keys, 16 -- are accused of committing a series of crimes the morning of Aug. 14 -- four car thefts and three hit-and-runs, including the one that killed Probst, authorities said.

Both have been charged with murder with use of a deadly weapon, battery with use of a deadly weapon and attempted murder with use of a deadly weapon. Ayala, who is accused of driving a stolen Hyundai Electra during Probst's alleged hit-and-run, is also charged with leaving the scene of a crash and possession of a stolen vehicle, among other charges

Not only these two angels went into a frenzy of criminal activities with the intention to harm and kill others but they thought it was cool, although very incriminating for them, to record the hit and run against this poor guy who was killed as a result of the attack.

Police said these two teenagers will be tried as adults and will face murder charges as well as a number of other charges related to their activities on the morning of August 14.

This is a senseless murder and it seems the two teenagers have no morals, they don't understand right from wrong, and most importantly they have no respect for human life. There were 3 hit and run incidents that morning and it's because of luck there was only one person died. Things could have been very different.

What do you think the punishment should be for the two teenagers? They will be tried as adults, but they are not adults. I wonder whether parenting has completely failed in this case or parenting was impossible after a point.

There are calls for harsh punishments but the preliminary hearings are scheduled for October and November for each of the teens and the cases will not conclude until probably the end of the year or beginning of next year or it could take even longer.

edit on 8-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

They very much know the difference between right and wrong.

They are either demon posed or have been turned over to their reprobate minds.

There is a type of mental illness that comes with a variety of crazy that can only be described as evil. Not just evil on the surface but it completely permeates the core of the soul.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

They very much know the difference between right and wrong.

They are either demon posed or have been turned over to their reprobate minds.

There is a type of mental illness that comes with a variety of crazy that can only be described as evil. Not just evil on the surface but it completely permeates the core of the soul.

I don't think they're crazy. They were very calculated and knew what to do and they succeed with their plans.

In Nevada the death penalty exists for murder but I don't think it will go that far. They will be tried as adults and long sentences are expected. They did record the hit and run and they were joking and laughing while they carried out their attacks.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 12:23 AM
link   
dont forget-
travis kelsy always say...
blak liives matta yo

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 12:25 AM
link   
There are things that are coming to light that is showing a far more problems than solutions in this case.

The first is that both of the young men, both of whom, the system failed. One already has a criminal rap sheet, having already committed crimes. The other was in the foster care system. Neither of them getting the help, guidance and support they needed.

Then there is the filming, was this going to be posted on one of their social media accounts? All for the sake of likes and views, starting to implant those ideas into other children's heads? Already there are those on social media that are breaking the law, doing far more shocking stunts all in the name of likes and views to where they can be paid for the content. Was this going to something like that?

I would not advocate for either of these 2 young men to be put to death, however, I do believe that they should go to prison and deal with the consequences of their crimes. That they need to seriously face the consequences of their actions.

Hopefully, both of them will realize that by now, they are not getting a slap on the wrist or getting out in 30 days. However one must wonder if they even feel sorry or realize how much trouble they really are and the reality of what is about to happen to them, and how bad it is going to get for them.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Awesome. Now taxpays have to pay for them to live in prison. Hopefully for the rest of their lives, but bleeding heart types will help to get these scumbags out early.

I'm sorry, but I have NO sympathy for them.

Do you know how many kids have a way rougher life than they do, and DONT grow up to kill people on video?

No excuse for these evil little bleeps.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Democrats you own this. only Democrats are defunding the police. only Democrats are pushing no bail. only Democrats are declining to prosecute.
some might complain that I'm politicizing the issue. how is this NOT political?

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Awesome. Now taxpays have to pay for them to live in prison. Hopefully for the rest of their lives, but bleeding heart types will help to get these scumbags out early.

I'm sorry, but I have NO sympathy for them.

Do you know how many kids have a way rougher life than they do, and DONT grow up to kill people on video?

No excuse for these evil little bleeps.

What they've done was evil as they tried to harm and kill as many people as possible.

Do you think they deserve the death penalty which is reserved for very violent crimes like this one in the State of Nevada.

Or do you think they could be forgiven in the future?

Lately we had another discussion where some members argued that child rapists should not be out to death in light of the new law in Florida where the both the Senate and House has voted overwhelmingly in favour of the bill that makes it a law in the State. Anyone who rapes a child who is 12 years of age or under can receive the death penalty.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Charge them as adults. Then kill them

The system can’t fix them

edit on 9-10-2023 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Charge them as adults. Then kill them

The system can’t fix them

They're tried as adults by the way and the death penalty exists in Nevada for murder. But do you think they should be sentenced to death and executed given they're 18 and 16 respectively.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
They should be killed. Their age is irrelevant. This isn’t the same moral dilemma as say consent.

Even if these individuals could not comprehend their actions even if they are “children” for their actions constitute such a risk to the greater public that whether or not they understand is totally irrelevant.

For context. If this was my son. I’d pull the trigger myself.

edit on 9-10-2023 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   
hang 'em from the light posts in city center.

make them an example for everyone to see, and nobody will follow in their footsteps

Remember how they used to deal with pirates? Cage 'em up out of reach, let them starve and then rot right in plain sight.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
They should be killed. Their age is irrelevant. This isn’t the same moral dilemma as say consent.

Even if these individuals could not comprehend their actions even if they are “children” for their actions constitute such a risk to the greater public that whether or not they understand is totally irrelevant.

For context. If this was my son. I’d pull the trigger myself.

Many people feel like you and they will argue in favour of the death penalty as what they've done was truly evil, they recorded it and were joking and laughing while killing the poor guy. Prior to this they have tried another 2 hit and runs.

I am not quite sure about what you said in your last sentence. I don't know if others feel that way.

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
hang 'em from the light posts in city center.

make them an example for everyone to see, and nobody will follow in their footsteps

Remember how they used to deal with pirates? Cage 'em up out of reach, let them starve and then rot right in plain sight.

I don't know if Nevada hangs people but I wouldn't think so. The last person executed in the State was in 2006. Unlikely they will receive the death penalty but even if they do it will be commuted to a life sentence.
edit on 9-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm probably not a good one to ask that question. I wear a t-shirt that says "I know what is wrong with society, we no longer drink from the skulls of our enemies. LOL

But honestly, yes, at least the driver should get the death penalty. We have been too soft on these types of crimes. Your killing people, and videotaping it? How much more evidence do you need, that a human is broken?

posted on Oct, 9 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

I'm probably not a good one to ask that question. I wear a t-shirt that says "I know what is wrong with society, we no longer drink from the skulls of our enemies. LOL

But honestly, yes, at least the driver should get the death penalty. We have been too soft on these types of crimes. Your killing people, and videotaping it? How much more evidence do you need, that a human is broken?

Not only they recorded the kill but that was the third hit and run of that morning...
There were joking and laughing about it...

top topics

join