It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longtime Texas Christian school teacher and co-worker fired after attending drag show

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Not my point.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Not my point.

Good that you understand it's not a wise move.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Jessica6
a reply to: SkyAngel

It wasn't an over reaction. She took photos of the event and posted it on Facebook. She must know trans ideology and schools is a contentious issue. If she didn't, she's an idiot and good thing she was only teaching gym. She clearly violated a clause in her contract.

Chances are, as others above speculated, she did this to provoke that 'over reaction'. May have even been paid to.

To me it is unChristian-like behaviour to not forgive nor show tolerance, unlike what the Pope is now doing regarding homosexuals. Who determined that drag people/shows are ungodly, not the Pope.

Kari Maris in her own words:

Maris was a physical education teacher. She is so dedicated to her job, that she had gone back to school several years ago for an extra certification.

She's also a devoted Christian.

"For almost 20 years, I've taught children to love each other. I've talked to them and told them, 'You have to get along. God loves us all equally.' And that's the way we should be," Maris said. "We should love everybody, and that's what we've been teaching, but they're expecting us not to do that."

Maris is done with teaching for now, but she says she's not done having a blast.

"Oh yeah, I'll do it again," she laughed. "It was too much fun, and it was good music!"

The act of firing her is showing intolerance and hate towards drag performers/people.

It's not an overreaction or a case of religious fanaticism as you said earlier. It's a very simple case.

The teacher is a devoted Christian who has taught in the same school for almost 20 years and probably gained the respect of her colleagues, students and their parents.

The School just doesn't approve of her involvement in drag queen shows as they say clearly these events are not compatible with the ethos and principles of the school.

It's crystal clear and there is no conspiracy or hate and fanaticism. Drag queen shows, pride events, etc, are not going to be the favourite events for a Christian School.

The teacher describes herself as a devoted Christian who taught the children Christian love, while the Pope is teaching us tolerance towards homosexuals. This school needs to go back to square one, that being Bible class.

The School just doesn't approve of her involvement in drag queen shows as they say clearly these events are not compatible with the ethos and principles of the school.

It's crystal clear and there is no conspiracy or hate and fanaticism. Drag queen shows, pride events, etc, are not going to be the favourite events for a Christian School.

It's all about the school appeasing the patrons that provide the funds to keep the school relevant in their own minds.

Not really.
The case is simple.
Drag queen shows are not compatible with the ethos and principles of the school.

Neither is tolerance and forgiveness, apparently.

She has been forgiven.
But also fired.
These two things are not mutually exclusive by the way.

Absolutely not. Anyway continue on your merry way enjoying this teacher's demise.

What demise?
She can probably find work somewhere else. Is not the most pleasant situation but the school doesn't tolerate drag queen shows and other shows that may be regarded as demonstrations of sexual deviance and inappropriate for them.

The school is private and the teacher can find work at another school either private or public.

I wonder if her pension was screwed up. I mean really 20 years without any issues then one infraction and she becomes ungodly, it's disgusting behaviour on the part of those that fired her.

One infraction?!
Attending drag queen shows isn't a minor issue when you work in a Christian School.

It is if the policies are vague as in no specifics as the teacher said, she didn't realize attending a drag show was against school policies because it appears Baptist church/schools like to interpret scripture or lean to the patrons funding their school for their own relevance in how to interpret scripture per incident and not put specifics in their policies. I notice this with all those who want to maintain control where they word it so as to keep laws, rules, T&C, policies and contracts vague so as to control and interpret the situation afterwards. It's everywhere including in my work union contract.
edit on q000000311031America/Chicago5454America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q000000321031America/Chicago2020America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

edit on q000000321031America/Chicago5252America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:43 PM
link   

It wasn't an over reaction. She took photos of the event and posted it on Facebook. She must know trans ideology and schools is a contentious issue. If she didn't, she's an idiot and good thing she was only teaching gym. She clearly violated a clause in her contract.

Chances are, as others above speculated, she did this to provoke that 'over reaction'. May have even been paid to.

To me it is unChristian-like behaviour to not forgive nor show tolerance, unlike what the Pope is now doing regarding homosexuals. Who determined that drag people/shows are ungodly, not the Pope.

Maris was a physical education teacher. She is so dedicated to her job, that she had gone back to school several years ago for an extra certification.

"For almost 20 years, I've taught children to love each other. I've talked to them and told them, 'You have to get along. God loves us all equally.' And that's the way we should be," Maris said. "We should love everybody, and that's what we've been teaching, but they're expecting us not to do that."

Maris is done with teaching for now, but she says she's not done having a blast.

"Oh yeah, I'll do it again," she laughed. "It was too much fun, and it was good music!"

The act of firing her is showing intolerance and hate towards drag performers/people.

It's not an overreaction or a case of religious fanaticism as you said earlier. It's a very simple case.

The teacher is a devoted Christian who has taught in the same school for almost 20 years and probably gained the respect of her colleagues, students and their parents.

The teacher describes herself as a devoted Christian who taught the children Christian love, while the Pope is teaching us tolerance towards homosexuals. This school needs to go back to square one, that being Bible class.

It's all about the school appeasing the patrons that provide the funds to keep the school relevant in their own minds.

Not really.
The case is simple.
Drag queen shows are not compatible with the ethos and principles of the school.

She has been forgiven.
But also fired.

Absolutely not. Anyway continue on your merry way enjoying this teacher's demise.

What demise?
She can probably find work somewhere else. Is not the most pleasant situation but the school doesn't tolerate drag queen shows and other shows that may be regarded as demonstrations of sexual deviance and inappropriate for them.

The school is private and the teacher can find work at another school either private or public.

I wonder if her pension was screwed up. I mean really 20 years without any issues then one infraction and she becomes ungodly, it's disgusting behaviour on the part of those that fired her.

One infraction?!
Attending drag queen shows isn't a minor issue when you work in a Christian School.

It is if the policies are vague as in no specifics as the teacher said, she didn't realize attending a drag show was against school policies because it appears Baptist church/schools like to interpret scripture or lean to the patrons funding their school for their own relevance in how to interpret scripture per incident and not put specifics in their policies. I notice this with all those who want to maintain control where they word it so as to keep laws, rules, T&C, policies and contracts vague so as to control and interpret the situation afterwards. It's everywhere including in my work union contract.

Better understand how simple this case is.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Not really.
The case is simple.

She has been forgiven.
But also fired.

What demise?

One infraction?!

If it was so simple how does a 20 year veteran Christian teacher go to one drag show and she is then deemed ungodly. It's disgusting.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Will you just stop putting words in my mouth that I haven't said?

It's a tedious habit of yours.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Not really.
The case is simple.

She has been forgiven.
But also fired.

What demise?

One infraction?!

If it was so simple how does a 20 year veteran Christian teacher go to one drag show and she is then deemed ungodly. It's disgusting.

How?
Ask her!

The fact is that she did go and that's not compatible with the ethos of the school. That's simple.

Perhaps if she didn't advertise it then things would have been better...

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Will you just stop putting words in my mouth that I haven't said?

It's a tedious habit of yours.

??

I am sure you understand it's not wise move to advertise your participation in drag queen shows. I know you know it.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Try answering what I actually said?

Without repetition or deviation, please?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Try answering what I actually said?

Without repetition or deviation, please?

So you're saying it's wise to demonstrate on FB your activities such as taking part in drag queen shows? I thought you wouldn't agree with this.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   
How many folks here against the dismissal have already written angry letters and left voicemails in support of the teacher?

None?

Then lol.

It's not like you actually CARE about the teacher, this is just more Cultural Marxism actually supporting drag shows.

It's all about drag shows.

Gotta make guys in dresses mainstream, normalized.

Make Christians out to be bad people because they don't support guys in dresses.

SO normalizing guys in dresses and hating on Christians.

It has nothing to do with the teacher.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
How many folks here against the dismissal have already written angry letters and left voicemails in support of the teacher?

None?

Then lol.

It's not like you actually CARE about the teacher, this is just more Cultural Marxism actually supporting drag shows.

It's all about drag shows.

Gotta make guys in dresses mainstream, normalized.

Make Christians out to be bad people because they don't support guys in dresses.

SO normalizing guys in dresses and hating on Christians.

It has nothing to do with the teacher.

Prove me wrong.

Absolutely!

Cultural Marxism supporting drag shows.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Seemingly theres no such thing as cultural Marxism. Some wacko with blue hair, in a mankini, waving a soviet flag told me, so there.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

"So you're saying it's wise to demonstrate on FB your activities such as taking part in drag queen shows? I thought you wouldn't agree with this"

I'm saying no such thing.

Putting words in other posters mouths is simply tedious and a dishonest way to argue your points.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

Sorry, that was me. Obviously.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   

"So you're saying it's wise to demonstrate on FB your activities such as taking part in drag queen shows? I thought you wouldn't agree with this"

I'm saying no such thing.

Putting words in other posters mouths is simply tedious and a dishonest way to argue your points.

I didn't put words in your mouth by the way.
But what do you say in this case? Is it wise to demonstrate your activities on FB and then complain the school has been unreasonable.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

I see no point in discussing this further with you.

You will only twist and distort what I actually say.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I see no point in discussing this further with you.

You will only twist and distort what I actually say.

I don't.
The woke crowd does what you said.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

There’s an image that no amount of eyeball bleaching is ever going to wash away.

posted on Oct, 7 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Grenade

In fairness, the matter could have been resolved if both parties discussed the issue and guarantees were given by the teacher this will never happen again in the future. She was there for almost 20 years and they could have been a little more lenient although drag queen shows and pride events or events where sexual deviance is celebrated, are not compatible with the ethos and principles of Christian Schools.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join