It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perseverance Rover Sees a Devil on Jezero Crater's Thorofare Ridge

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Dust Devils aren't rare on Mars but they're always nice to see , Percy's Devil was a big lad measuring about 200 feet wide and 387 feet tall it was traveling about 12 mph , word is He was in a bind 'cause he was way behind and he was willin' to make a deal.

The observation was made at a distance of about 2.5 miles.

Or it's a Martian Tasmanian devil , no sound was recorded so we'll never know.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Sorry, but in all these years, I really haven’t seen anything to suggest they are not just on some remote part of earth…

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Sorry, but in all these years, I really haven’t seen anything to suggest they are not just on some remote part of earth…

Sorry but what's the motivation behind faking? I mean the potentially faking moon landings I semi understand. To keep this secret would be a bitch in a half, what's the payoff..

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Don't think we can see the Martian Moon Phobos eclipsing the Sun from Earth , Perseverance Rover saw it from Mars last year.

If you choose to disregard the evidence that we have machinery on Mars I'm afraid that is your loss , no apology required.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

In his defense, if they're faking it in some remote region of the world then they could easily fake that sort of animation of an eclipse from mars. Government agencies have a history of straight up lying to the public to maintain power and funding. Imagine if they admitted they don't know how to get there, despite past administration's being able to do so (even if they were faking it too). Funding would end quite quickly.
edit on 3-10-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

And how many people would have to be involved in such a conspiracy?

Surely anyone with even the slightest bit of understanding and experience of human nature would know that keeping something of this scale secret would be impossible.

Imagine what the likes of Russia and China would do with such information?
Oh, that's right they're in on the cover-up too for some unfathomable reason.

And what about North Korea and Iran etc?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That's cool thanks for sharing.

I'm in an area now will I expect to get a lot of time on my telescope as I'm finally free of light pollution.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I do believe we have left planet earth and made it to the moon.

However to answer your question about motivation….

If we haven’t ever left planet earth (if we are somehow stuck here) and the population of earth keeps increasing resources will run out.

If we haven’t ever really left the planet the people in charge would be very motivated to reduce the population by any means necessary.

a reply to: putnam6

edit on 3-10-2023 by Buvvy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That is really amazing when you realize it takes about a 100 mph wind on Mars to equil the energy of a 1 mph wind on Earth. That is some really fine dust particles.

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 01:43 AM
link   
re: where Nasa's (public) "Mars" missions are happening ... on Ellesmere Island, in the Canadian far north...

posted on Oct, 4 2023 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Sorry but what's the motivation behind faking? I mean the potentially faking moon landings I semi understand. To keep this secret would be a bitch in a half, what's the payoff..

No it wouldn't. Only a few could know, even as few as a dozen Nazi -- I mean NASA emps could set up a camera and dummy rover while a more expensive dummy is actually sent into space, fooling the other Naz -- excuse me, NASA emps and American taxpayers.

NASA is the number one Black Project funding source, barely beating Con-gress which is in a close second place.

Do Americans not understand compartmentalization is usually used for nefarious reasons? It's more difficult to find any wrongdoings and even if and when it happens there is never accountability because of deadends and roadblocks.

This is how Naz -- NASA, the Spentagon, Alphabet Agencies, Social Media headquarters, and the MIC get away with the Bee-S they get away with.

Is the economy really so bad that no one can afford to pay attention?

*Oh, and it's how 9ll was orchestrated....
edit on 4-10-2023 by TheMindOfMax because: Forgot a very important statement.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: gortex

In his defense, if they're faking it in some remote region of the world then they could easily fake that sort of animation of an eclipse from mars. Government agencies have a history of straight up lying to the public to maintain power and funding. Imagine if they admitted they don't know how to get there, despite past administration's being able to do so (even if they were faking it too). Funding would end quite quickly.

So what can they show that would make him believe it is on Mars?

It sounds like you're saying whatever they show us could be faked. Therefore, why does it matter what they show? There is no reason for NASA to try to show proof that they are on Mars to some people if those people would just say it's faked anyway.

posted on Oct, 8 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This forum is generally scientific in nature.

And gortex, thaNk you for the vortex.

top topics

join