It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 days after the ceiling fan spewed crap

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:38 PM
link   
'Twas 5 days after my wife and I felt the earth shake seconds after the power went out. We knew to check for a cell phone signal since we knew they had a gas powered generator to keep them operational for a short time - they were dead.

We knew right away this was more than a normal outage.

"Get in the basement! Now!" I yelled to my wife and within minutes, we were. Then, after an hour that seemed like days, we heard our first knock on the door.

It was the first of several ex-military friends who knew to come here. "Like you said, a flash of light and loud boom many seconds later, well... we knew to come " he said with his wife and son. They were not preppers, but they knew some country skills, had weapons and other farming knowledge.

By day 5, we had 13 people here that did not prep like I did, but had needed skills. We had growers, special forces and ex- military, foragers, trappers, medical personnel and much more becoming a group.

We already had traps, poison, sprouts growing, meat cooking, water and even entertainment rolling, including a sign out front that said "Hungry, thirsty and very sick - please help" out front to deter would be thieves.

It worked must of the time and folks left.

However, when it didn't, I'd go out to greet the group of people, seemingly unarmed with my hands slightly raised..... on purpose.

I'd greet then knowing that they were multiple hidden weapons focused on every member of that group just waiting for one of two signals I may or may not give. If I raised my hands, they'd all due or if I lowered my hands the one closest to me would die.

Protect my group or lose it all to a their or a desperate group.

If they were lucky, they'd get a can or two of good slightly past the best by date and sent away with a list of things needed, like deep cycle batteries or a number of other items to get or don't come back.

Sometimes, they'd do their homework assignment and return with what was required for more food or acceptance into our community, depending on many variables. Like we need folks to dig a lot of holes, weeding and other types of hard labor.

Security was good, sprouts were growing, foraging was sustainable as well as hinting meat. My secret floor hiding the basement kept the women and children safe and motion detectors kept us informed and knowing when anything came near.

We even had food poisoned in case we got over powered and knew we'd wait at the pearly gates to see them knocking.

Suddenly, a lazy person laying in the corn saw a drone and alerted the group and as we all looked up, a plane that said Biden won flew over, dropped a bomb and we all died.

That's election meddling!

The end, or another beginning?

I know... right?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: godservant

Bloody hell, godservant. You drew me in with that one and then slapped me with a dead fish... great.

By the way, you need to have added BYO2023 (non writer) in the title if it's your entry in this month's contest. Also, post a link to the story in the DTOM's thread... www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 3/10/2023 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I second Encia, your writing style spawned images and concepts in my inner mind. You're a good story teller, captivating.

new topics

join