It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romania orders 48 F-35s

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

And yet, Russia should have rolled right over them instead of getting hit as hard as they have been. Russia was supposedly the second strongest military at the time, and a year and a half into an invasion against a significantly smaller and weaker force, they're still fighting, and getting hammered. They haven't even gotten air superiority, let alone air dominance. Whether Ukraine loses in the end or Russia withdraws without meeting their objectives Russia has lost this fight.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

People seriously underestimate the F-35 capabilities. It doesn't have to fire a shot to completely change the fight.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

In the book (that was cleared by US government, it says that on the first page) it can send EMP down to a computer via it's radar, but it also says it can not do that infinite often, just a few times. Something tiny is destroyed in the F35 when that happens, to produce the effect. I would drag it out if I had it here but most books are in storage currently.

That destroying and EMP part could have been fiction though.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Czechs just bought 24 F-35s, too.

breakingdefense.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Nice, they have a flourishing black market right behind the German/Czech border. I will try my luck there then.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I wish somebody would let all the ex cia and guests on judge napolitanos tooltube videos know that. a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

It’s not really an EMP, but more of a high powered microwave type system. One of the things with an electronically steered radar array is that they can direct all the power of the beam into a very small area. The result is that you get a lot of power directed at something, possibly resulting in an overload. The SPY-1D on the Aegis has been able to do this for a long time, with a lot more power.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   
MIC in Full Effeeeeeeect!

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: MindBodySpiritComplex

Oh right, they're perfectly fine with letting the Ukrainians destroy their equipment and kill thousands of their personnel while exhausting themselves. Wow, that's a hell of a way to fight a war, and I pray to god that you are never in any kind of leadership position in a fight.

Oh Zaphod I think you aught to rewrite that statement. Let me think>>>>> wasn't it a certain US general Patten that said something like " you don't win a war by dying for your country. You win a war by making the other bast###s die for their country".

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The problem being that war has changed significantly since Patton said that. And even if it hadn’t, you don’t win a war by losing thousands of soldiers, and tanks and vehicles, even if you’re killing enemy soldiers.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
But from the Russians perspective it's perfect.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Strange definition of "perfect"?

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Oh my, it's like talking to little children. Listen, the purpose of war is to destroy your enemy the best possible way. That means killing them with as much minimal effect on your troops. That's killing. Patten was rightly correct in saying "make them (your enemy) die for their country". And that, from the Russians point of view, is what Ukraine has been doing. While Zelenski keeps sending Ukrainians into the meat grinder with minimal affect on Russian troops from a Russian commanders perspective it's perfect. And Zaphod, no, war aint changed that significantly. To do the job properly means boots on the ground, it aint all stand off with drones and artillery.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

"To do the job properly means boots on the ground, it aint all stand off with drones and artillery."

Isn't that exactly Russia's MO?

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Yeah it has changed a lot. I’m well aware that it requires boots on the ground, and it isn’t all air and artillery, but put Patton in charge with modern equipment and tactics, and he’d be utterly lost. You keep saying make the other guy die for his country, but just about every non-Russian source is estimating extremely high casualty numbers for Russian forces. As I said before, whether Russia achieves their objectives or not, they’ve lost big in this fight.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Either Russia is playing a long game of war,being absolutely idiotic with its attempt at a Military action or trying not to piss NATO off enough to result in them being annihilated is up for debate..They have the manpower to run over Ukraine in probably two days..Why they havent is the question..
Back on track the F35 is a generation ahead for a reason and a part of the new form of Warfare that is being built by the USA and allies.Its not a First Strike aircraft but a part of the arsenal that fits a role...China is catching up but I dont think has the depth of knowledge or understanding of how this next generation works..F35 has been maturing for a lot of years..

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDDAgain
We can not even get our helicopters to stay in the air, let alone lift off in the first place.

On top of what you wrote about Germany (true), history gives us the excuse to not go too fast with upgrading our military, it tends to make the neighbors a bit frightened.

Now instead of going to war, we just export the tools for it. That's how it feels to me.

Rheinmetal makes the scariest war toys imaginable .

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger
Either Russia is playing a long game of war,being absolutely idiotic with its attempt at a Military action or trying not to piss NATO off enough to result in them being annihilated is up for debate..They have the manpower to run over Ukraine in probably two days..Why they havent is the question..
Back on track the F35 is a generation ahead for a reason and a part of the new form of Warfare that is being built by the USA and allies.Its not a First Strike aircraft but a part of the arsenal that fits a role...China is catching up but I dont think has the depth of knowledge or understanding of how this next generation works..F35 has been maturing for a lot of years..
Putin is hoping for regime change in America 2024 . If Trump goes in , Ukraine support will dwindle & Putin will get the green light from Trump to flatten Ukraine.
Trump & Putin are dictators who love each other

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Didn't The Redneck tell us to watch Romania in one of their cryptic responses?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join