It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practical Steps to Overcome Sin.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

[1Pe 4:1-3 NASB95] 1 Therefore, since Christ has suffered in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same purpose, because he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 so as to live the rest of the time in the flesh no longer for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. 3 For the time already past is sufficient [for you] to have carried out the desire of the Gentiles, having pursued a course of sensuality, lusts, drunkenness, carousing, drinking parties and abominable idolatries.

I don't know how many times I've quoted the above verse, but here it is again.

Look, if we can't even agree on the English semantics of virtually every major translation of the above verse, then it would be prudent for you to just stop commenting on my posts. I mean we're talking about basic reading comprehension here.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
I don't know how many times I've quoted the above verse, but here it is again.
.... I mean we're talking about basic reading comprehension here.

Right back achy. I don't know how many times I've quoted these verses ... we're talking about basic reading comprehension here.

Romans 3:23-24 23 For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Yet God, in his grace, freely makes us right in his sight.

Ecclesiastes 7:20. Indeed, there is not a righteous man on earth who continually does good and who never sins.

Romans 3:10. as it is written, “There is none righteous, not even one;

Psalm 143:2. And do not enter into judgment with Your servant, For in Your sight no man living is righteous.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yeah. You keep taking those verses out of context and overlook our status in the New Covenant, in Christ. I don't know why you refuse to see that, but that's basically why I keep ignoring your spam.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
I keep ignoring your spam.

The truth isn't spam. Romans isn't spam. All men sin.
For example .... arrogance and spiritual pride are sins.
You might want to think about that for a while.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Guard against spiritual pride - Romans 11:16-24

Spiritual Pride is Real But You Can Undo It

Why is Spiritual Pride a Problem?

Who was Jesus most critical of during his time on earth? Well, it wasn’t the “sinners.” Instead, it was the people who had spiritual pride. Those who were confident they were God’s favorites because they were doing everything right. They became mean, condescending, and bullied people who disagreed with them.

To Jesus, spiritual pride was one of the most significant problems a person can have. In one memorable story, a woman caught sleeping with a man who wasn’t her husband was brought to Jesus. Jesus does tell her to go and sin no more, but only after challenging the spiritual pride of those who brought the woman to him.

So, we need to be on the lookout for spiritual pride in our own lives. But how do we know if we’re experiencing it. Well first, if anyone thinks to themselves “I would never deal with spiritual pride” then they probably have spiritual pride. Here are three other ways you can spot spiritual pride in your life.

Read the article for more.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join