It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The comming internet enslavement era

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hey everyone,
My friend and I recently discussed dead internet theory and he told me this new theory, not sure how credible it is but it was very interesting.
Its called undead internet theory, likely because it has similarities with dead internet theory, and he explained it as follows:

Step 1:
The internet is being automated through AI, videos, blogposts, as AI improves the AI will learn how to use algoirhtms better and faster than humans. To compete, content creators will have to use similar techniques.
But its not just blogs, videos and tiktoks. The stockmarket and banks use AI aswel. AI which will learn to invest in other AI (because AI will soon create online content better than humans, including software)
This creates a feedback loop.

Step 2:
Humans will get programmed and automated by AI. The AI will learn how to use use the algorithms of the human brain and see which content addicts the most. Basically turning people into that use the internet into zombies (not far from the current situation).

Step 3:
Humans will be completely dependend on the internet. They consume all their entertainment online, they will consume their “news” online, they will buy everything online. The internet AI will steer all this behaviour through subtle cues and advertisements. The internet and humans “merge” into some kind of brave new world soma situation. In other words: internet enslavement.

I might not have explained it exactly how the theory said but this is what i remember. I think it sounds quite logical if you look at how big tech platforms are pushing the internet into this direction. It might not happen to all of the internet, but it would happen to most big platforms which 90% of the people use. They will do anything to stop people from thinking for themselves i guess

Would like to hear more info, perspective, thoughts if anyone has some

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: futurehobo

I've heard similar theories before.
And I've been in some discussions where the future might still have human elements and aspects within it, but it will be more in tune to us finding safe spaces to have human conversations, so forums like here on ATS might become a popular thing again.

It's just like in the "real" world, hand made, human crafted consumer goods are going to be highly marketable.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The research about screen time limits is out there, it's up to parents to enforce it. When you become an adult you are free to do as you please. But when I venture out on my errands and adventures, I see many people not on their screens so I don't think it will be much of an issue. Now thinking for oneself, well it starts with the very young and whether or not they are taught how to do that or taught to follow the status quo which can be indoctrination by their parents and friends. Belonging may be more important in the long run for some people.

www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org...#:~:text=The%20American%20Academy%20of %20Pediatrics,day%20for%20teens%20and%20adults

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

They will do anything to stop people from thinking for themselves i guess

Here we might ask the question ''how much do people think for themselves now, without AI or the internet. How much have we ever. I think a case can be made that we have hardly ever, that for the most part we have not thought for ourselves but rather deferred to the thinking and philosophies around us. And even then not so much deferred but instead seldom questioned the general assumptions on life within which we were raised and trained to believe.

But I also agree with you that those who would control us, to profit from us and our labor and consuming habits would prefer that we not think for ourselves, only believe that we do.

Can we fight it? Maybe not. AI and what it offers is in a base line sense, good for humanity or not good for humanity, a developing profit center. Stocks will bloom and those who would profit from it's development and usage will push it in those directions, that's the bottom line in our economic system. Profit and damn those who even think of stepping in it''s way.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

so forums like here on ATS might become a popular thing again.

I think that's a fancy dream, wishful thinking. Were ATS to become popular it would, if it isn't already. a target for advanced control.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   

This is some scary stuff. Thanks for posting!
I'm not a big fan of Sam Harris, the philosopher and neuroscientist, but he has made some great observations on the A.I. subject. He said he fears that A.I. will quite literally ruin or "bankrupt" the internet, rendering it virtually useless.
He expounded on the idea in a long (probably close to 2 hours) discussion. He really brought to light some aspects of A.I. that I had not heard of previously.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 03:42 PM
link   
We are the Borg. Resistance is futile.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reminds me of the time i stumbled on the 1%... let me try tell you this is not the real story this is a tribute... these ppl were like pepsi.co ey they had evrything ...i had to ask why dont you produce like this for evryone ? they said they would be producing to much waste. and it wasnt that expensive at all yo real coordinate e.s and then time passed and im pressing produce and i notice these customers only come once. only now i notice what an impact it was on my life .. maybe now huh ? now that i know the cost of the boss

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   

edit on 22-9-2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Even if there WEREN'T paid agents on social media, instigating, there might as well be.
People follow EACH OTHER, as those people follow... Everyone believes whatever they heard popular opinion was, according to rumor. That means popular opinion is only gonna have a 50% accuracy rate at best.
The internet is bringing out the worst of humanity's approval seeking herd mentality.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

I disagree with you so hardly you see the worst is brought out in your neighborhood and in my case the village.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Did some digging, found a website that explains it in more detail. Its called undeadinternet.com for those who are interested to dive deeper. Didnt read it all myself yet tho

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
no, we won't be enslaved, if anything, if automation can replace us then the elites would have no use for our existence anymore, imagine instigating nuclear war to reduce our population then releasing drone armies to finish us off, creating a world where only the elite remain, served by ai in every capacity without rebellions or revolutions to threaten them anymore. would quickly resolve climate issues on top of that, just a world of rich families living in peace and prosperity, and focusing on restoring nature to a pristine condition without pesky commoners standing in the way.

why enslave people when ai can do it better?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

I wouldent be suprised if this is the plan in the long run, the theories do not contradict eachother tho. It enslavement is just the intermediary step. AI can do stuff better online now, but the elites still needs us for a lot of manual labor jobs for example

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If society doesn't want to be enslaved to the internet and it's AI leadership, then a replacement needs to be incorporated. There are gullible and naïve, more so than ever before but it isn't because of AI information, it's because people have become lazy and have positioned themselves to be easily influenced by following and spreading the shallow and immaterial flavor of the moment.

When one has no depth in their life and continually sit in front of a boobtube, a computer monitor or a cell phone, they have quite passively traded integrity and character for levels of 'being' in another reality because it's easier, entertaining and they're escaping their own existence. Why are so many replacing their lives with such crap? Because it's there. Because they can. Because they have nothing that is more important to them.

We can try to blame it on the internet, AI, whatever. But looking at human history, it's par for the course with us. The few will hold out and follow the beat of their own drums but they are few and far between. That's just how people are.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 03:56 PM
link   
So how far away is Sky Net?

top topics

join