It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls on Republicans to let shutdown happen again in 9 days

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

I know you would and I also know how crappy the Democrat contenders are. Yet, I voted for one of them over Trump, twice and will again.

Outside of Trump's mean tweets... You do know Presidents in the past were much worse than Trump with their words, just not 24/7 recorded as Trump was. Obama was pretty bad, and so was Hillary/Clinton... Nixon was really bad, but going back farther there were a number that would make a 60-year-old prostitute blush. It is funny how sensitive the left has become while finding F bombs perfectly OK today or having the song of the year Wet Ass Pussy, but Trump tweets are "oh the horrors" for them.

Can you name 2 or 3 things Trump did as part of his policies that would push you to vote for either a brain-dead guy or a VP with an IQ of like 50?

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Why do you wish to ignore Trump's mean tweets. That is his advantage. You are correct of course in recognizing how previous politicians have talked the same kind of talk, but it was mostly in back rooms so that the illusion of propriety could be maintained. Trump has abandoned that tradition. Why?
Because Trump is the first to take advantage of this new communication technology. Just like Kennedy beat Nixon because he and his handlers were the first to understand the value of the new technology of visual TV promotion , Trump has utilized the mean tweets to insinuate himself into the daily lives,even the minute by minute lives of his base. This is completely new and untested waters and it is working very well for him.

I thought his immigration policy was smart though handled wrong. His demonetization of people seeking better lives was vile and served to radicalize his base more than anything else. And building that wall, what a joke. Better to have increased patrols and other means rather than that so easily penetrated symbolic wall.

For other policies, I hold pretty much with the old notion that even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

posted on Sep, 23 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Trump has abandoned that tradition. Why?

You know the answer to that, but you still ask. Trump is not a politician and most surely not a lifelong one. Many like Biden, Obama, and the Clintons never had another real job outside of politics, so their job has been to stay in office. Politicians do what is best to get them votes, not what is actually best for the country, The Dems would wear a tutu if that got them into office. The people abandoned the traditional lifelong politician and that is why he won.

I thought his immigration policy was smart though handled wrong. His demonetization of people seeking better lives was vile and served to radicalize his base more than anything else. And building that wall, what a joke. Better to have increased patrols and other means rather than that so easily penetrated symbolic wall.

Look where we are today with the left saying come on in...Look where we are at today too with the whole, if it is under 1000 bucks have at it with zero repercussions to stop you. The left doesn't see cause and effect in anything, and it is frustrating.

I'm in the security business with drones and the wall would do a couple of things. First, as you suggest symbolic, as in don't come, and if you do you will need to get over our security, and we will send you back. This actually keeps people from trying to come here in the first place. Once Biden won we saw waves of 100,000s started to head this way where under Trump most would not even try.

Another part is that it wasn't just a wall, it was a wall with cameras, detectors, etc. The best part is it forces people to funnel at points where the wall would be breached and not have 10,000 people randomly cross wherever. Much easier to control, slow down, monitor, apperhend so on and so forth.

Your talking point about the wall was such an old liberal narrative that was 100% false. Now here is the best part. Do you know why Trump pushed so hard with it? He made it a campaign promise and he has been one of the very few to not just throw their list of promises in the trash on day 1 after being elected. He actually worked on his promises and that is just crazy in the political world, isn't it?

I see what we have today under Biden, Doubling and then tripling Fentanyl deaths each year Biden has been in office. Uncontrolled numbers of illegal aliens sucking social resources from you and me. Uncontrolled human trafficking (liberals never use those words), an unknown number of children pushed into the sex trade, and 40 million slaves in the world today which makes the early 1800s seem so small in comparison, and many are right here in America, how about them, or are you just oh the poor people of the world kind of person? There are 700 million people south of the border how many do you want to come? How many are you going to put up in your house...if you talk the talk then walk the walk...

BTW I have a sister-in-law whom we paid for her visa 20+ years ago and she is just now coming up to be able to come here, what about the millions waiting legally? Also, America is by far the #1 immigration country in the world, so don't go on about we need more and more in some kind of mass waves...I bet you do not live on the border, do you...lol

edit on 23-9-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Once Biden won we saw waves of 100,000s started to head this way where under Trump most would not even try.

And wassn't that a self fulfilling prophesy? Trump and his people broadcasted everyday that if Biden won the borders would be open. So when he won guess what, they all started coming because Trump said it would be ok. Better do it now because when he gets back in office he won't let em.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   

And wassn't that a self fulfilling prophesy? Trump and his people broadcasted everyday that if Biden won the borders would be open. So when he won guess what, they all started coming because Trump said it would be ok. Better do it now because when he gets back in office he won't let em.

Maybe, some, BUT the borders were open and people were able to cross rather easily so if Trump said it then it was true. If not then we would have seen an initial surge then it would drop off as the word would get it that the borders were actually still secured but we are seeing the highest on record.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I am a GS, embedded in a military unit to do work to make sure uniformed people dont have to worry about the little things.

I like to think I am actually a productive member of the team.

But yes there are a ton of GS that are utterly and completely useless, we just had a GS try and tell a commander he couldnt deploy because he was scheduled for a class a year after he gets back.

That is a problem with little recourse against the stupid and useless parts of the system.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think at this point a shutdown is pretty much guaranteed. Along with Tuberville's blocking of hundreds of military positions, this shutdown will weaken us for the time being. Our military will go unpaid for a while, and many other parts of the government will close down or the people will be forced to work for free.

Due to sheer stupidity and incompetence.

Here is Maria Bartiromo and Matt Gaetz on FOX News arguing just how ineffective the Republican House has been. She tries to list some accomplishments and Gaetz shuts her down and says that they haven't actually accomplished anything. Anything they've done so far is just 'process' and not legislation or accomplishment.

What an idiot.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

If anyone goes unpaid, it'll be the fault of the Biden administration.

This bullcrap that "they have no money to pay" is a lie. It's actually for the next fiscal year.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Who holds the purse strings?

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

Congress, and the check has already been written.

If the Biden administration withholds funds, it is done only as a damned stunt!

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Whoever has the blackmail evidence.
These congress ghouls are bought bribed or blackmailed.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 08:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Congress, and the check has already been written.

If the Biden administration withholds funds, it is done only as a damned stunt!

You're hallucinating about that.

But we can still hope better people prevail and the Freedom Caucus gets routed. It would take a miracle for the House to create a bill at this point and then another 60-90 days to get it all negotiated and ratified.

American people deserve better than this circus.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: Stopstealingmycountry

Need to make politics a minimum wage job(or at least a gig not worth more than 100K a year), where they only get paid while in session.

Stop paying them millions of dollars to do absolutely nothing but line their own pockets with cash and we will see who really has the American people as their #1 priority.

And if none of the ones in right now do, replace them with ones that only want to be there to make the difference, not make millions.

They steal and sell influence their money it doesn't come from payroll.

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Sidebar fyi...

There are 183 days from July 1 thru December 31st.

This year, our U.S. House is only in session for 49 (27%) of those 183 days!

How can CONGRESS Investigate the Biden Crime Family,

Help Republican candidate Trump,

Correctly Fund Government Departments,

Act as "watch-dog" to keep Biden from implementing illegal mandates,

Stop him from encouraging another 5 million Democrats to come here through Mexico,

Keep states from setting up Nov 2024 Election "Cheats"...and more...if Congress is not at work for 70% of the second half of 2023!?
🥴
www.majorityleader.gov...

posted on Sep, 25 2023 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: opethPA

" Trump calls on Republicans to let shutdown happen again in 9 days "

And Hot American Women Voters Agree...............

now compare that pic with joe in the biker bar.

i thought bidenomics was supposed to fix everything? bottom up, inside out, pass the dootchie on the left hand side then wipe your chins.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: knoxie
Trump only cares about himself. That’s been obvious for a while now and every single one of you know it.

Just heard about the Atlantic piece and Milley… Jesus, H Christ, if you all still support him, I don’t even know what to say.

But, he could kill someone on fifth Avenue not lose support, so you guys will probably rally around him and start slurring people who have been wounded in war.

Will McCarthy grow a spine in light of this new info about the idiot?

Cry All you Want . Right Now Mr. Trump IS America's Only Salvation from Seeing Our Beloved Country Destroyed from Within by Globalists that Do Not Give a Rats Arse About You or Me . His Often Reported Policy Moves if Elected Again Speak in Plain Language for All to Hear . If you do not Personally See that then Maybe you Need Better Glasses or a Hearing Aid , or just Like being Someone Else's Bought and Paid for Fool...........

It really does seem more believable if you capitalize every word, it's crazy. It's like a whole another level of truth.

Psychology, huh?

It's my Watermark *

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join