It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Ticketed 7 Times for Flying Anti-Biden Flag Scores Huge Victory Over Town

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 08:19 AM
link   

A man who was repeatedly ticketed for flying flags from his pickup truck that were aimed at President Joe Biden and his voters has won a big cash settlement with a Louisiana resort town.

The flags were deemed vulgar — which led to a number of citations targeting a contractor named Ross Brunet, the Associated Press reported.

Brunet, a construction contractor, routinely worked on the island of Grand Isle, Louisiana.

The island had in place an ordinance that barred displays that the community deemed obscene.

Yay!

We still have free speech*

*After they ticket you and or throw you in jail (others not this guy) and you sue, spend years of your life disrupted, and eventual win.

What’s that saying?The process is the punishment?

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

i'll be glad when they let folks in fl start putting the real Sh@@ Happens or Bosses are like diapers
always on your a@@, and full of sh@@ back on bumper stickers. and truck balls, i hated it when i had to castrate my truck.

but hey we got no problem with FJB, or lets go brandon.

edit on 20-9-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I agree the process is the punishment even if the end result is vindication. In my case it was $8000 in attorney fees to make it "go away." That and the other side took it as the ultimate insult against the community that I was a horrible person to hire a lawyer to represent me.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
What did the flags actually say? I read the article, but didn't see that anywhere so I did a quick image search. Not particularly obscene compared to graffiti I see plastered everywhere (at least in my wonderful town).

Source

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:12 PM
link   
SPAM

edit on 9/20/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

A man who was repeatedly ticketed for flying flags from his pickup truck that were aimed at President Joe Biden and his voters has won a big cash settlement with a Louisiana resort town.

The flags were deemed vulgar — which led to a number of citations targeting a contractor named Ross Brunet, the Associated Press reported.

Brunet, a construction contractor, routinely worked on the island of Grand Isle, Louisiana.

The island had in place an ordinance that barred displays that the community deemed obscene.

Yay!

We still have free speech*

*After they ticket you and or throw you in jail (others not this guy) and you sue, spend years of your life disrupted, and eventual win.

What’s that saying?The process is the punishment?

It’s the standard democrat tactic now. Biden or Secretary issues an obviously unconstitutional and illegal directive, knowing it will take a looong time for the legal challenge to get through the system, especially slow-rolling it as much as possible.
They use the directive hard and fast to do as much damage to people and institutions as they can, until the court case is resolved.
When they lose in court, there’s no way to undo the damage they’ve done to whatever or whomever they wanted damaged.
Magic ! No constitutional bother ! They accomplished the goal with thoroughly unconstitutional means, and no possible recourse for the victims.
edit on 21-9-2023 by stevieray because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If only one could express anything without dropping f-bombs nowadays.
I dislike sleepy Joe and can't understand why anyone would support his presidency.
I also am not going around town with a flag that indeed uses vulgarity like that. I support his right to do so, but the way I was raised he should be ashamed to display that in public.
Maybe I'm just getting old fashioned and grumpy in my old age, but in my opinion our society has grown exponentially more classless and tacky over my lifetime.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The tickets should have stood. Imagine kids having to see that.

posted on Sep, 21 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

I was going to say I hoped that you were joking, til I realized YOU are the joke itself and everything you soil the sheets of patriotism with is simply the fruit of a poisonous tree

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RhNegativeKing

I was going to say I hoped that you were joking, til I realized YOU are the joke itself and everything you soil the sheets of patriotism with is simply the fruit of a poisonous tree

Fair enough. I don't mind the sentiment but would much rather kids not be exposed to vile language.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I’d rather my kids exposed to vile language than loose constitutional freedoms.

Ironically when I was growing up it was liberals purposefully creating offensive "art" and dropping vulgar language and pictures to express their freedom.

I disliked it but supported their freedom to do so against the right.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze

I’d rather my kids exposed to vile language than loose constitutional freedoms.

Ironically when I was growing up it was liberals purposefully creating offensive "art" and dropping vulgar language and pictures to express their freedom.

I disliked it but supported their freedom to do so against the right.

I'd rather have kids exposed to neither. 'Offensive art and vulgar language isn't expressing freedom it's just offensive and vulgar.

new topics

top topics

join