It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Lie About Their Abortion Stance After Donald Trump Exposes How Radical They Are.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Not my specific argument. But I'll answer.

There's some stupid girls. And smart girls that do stupid things. And forgettful things. But many that get forced into things they can't stop. 1/6 women gets raped or attempted.

Women, are on average, frail by comparison. Distinct disadvantage.

Go to a crossfit gym. The number of women there building their upper body specifically to overpower the next guy that tries to rape them is telling.

For that, no, a woman does not always have full body autonmy up to the point of conception. I gotta disagree.
edit on 19-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2023 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I don't think that the perils of being a woman are an argument against autonomy, certainly not where I'm coming from anyway.

However for the reasons you noted, I will say that this is correlative of woman owning and carrying guns and its increases.

By claiming that women do not have autonomy, especially before child conception, that seems akin to saying that women are perpetual victims that need the gov'ts protection.

Which they'll happily accept because the govt is an equal opportunity rapist!

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

To be crystal clear, I'm in the "safe, legal and rare" camp...

Oh? Why? I Mean, since you don't feel women have any fundamental right to terminate a pregnancy, and women don't really deserve such consideration since they certainly had autonomy before finding themself with an unwanted pregnancy, where does this sudden spirit of generosity come from?

Surely, you don't mean to be so generous to all women, because if all women were able to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, abortion might not be so rare. So, by what criteria do women fall under your generous spirit of allowing a few rare abortions to slip by?

edit on 20-9-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

Go to a crossfit gym. The number of women there building their upper body specifically to overpower the next guy that tries to rape them is telling.

Show of hands, women.

How many go to the gym so they can fight off men?

That’s one of the most arrogant things I’ve ever read.

edit on 20-9-2023 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Show off hands, women.

Plenty of guys go to the gym or study martial arts to be prepared for attack or assault situations.

Why would it be such an insult to suggest that women would do so ?

Women are the primary target of sexual assault, and by far the weaker gender on average. It’s arrogant to know this ?

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Show off hands, women.

Plenty of guys go to the gym or study martial arts to be prepared for attack or assault situations.

Women are the primary target of sexual assault, and by far the weaker gender on average. It’s arrogant to know this ?

I go to the gym for me.

It’s about me.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

To be crystal clear, I'm in the "safe, legal and rare" camp...

Oh? Why? I Mean, since you don't feel women have any fundamental right to terminate a pregnancy, and women don't really deserve such consideration since they certainly had autonomy before finding themself with an unwanted pregnancy, where does this sudden spirit of generosity come from?

Surely, you don't mean to be so generous to all women, because if all women were able to terminate an unwanted pregnancy, abortion might not be so rare. So, by what criteria do women fall under your generous spirit of allowing a few rare abortions to slip by?

Just by nature, women are burdened with sharing their interests with those of another human inside of them.

Some of us just don’t think it’s a proper default to casually choose death for that other human, oftentimes for convenience sake.

It’s really not all that fair, but it’s the physical world we exist in. Sometimes you just need to accept reality in the real world.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Good for you?

Plenty of women go to the gym for this reason, plenty go for themselves, plenty go to just look at the men in the gym.

Everyone has their reasons, they were simply inferring that some women go to the gym to learn how to protect themselves or be better fit to protect themselves.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Good for you?

Plenty of women go to the gym for this reason, plenty go for themselves, plenty go to just look at the men in the gym.

Everyone has their reasons, they were simply inferring that some women go to the gym to learn how to protect themselves or be better fit to protect themselves.

I think that’s mostly BS.

Mostly women in gyms are in their own “zone” working out for themselves and their own health.

To make it about men is insulting.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: stevieray

It’s really not all that fair, but it’s the physical world we exist in. Sometimes you just need to accept reality in the real world.

The reality of the world is that women have been aborting unwanted pregnancies for 1000s of years, and most of the civilized world agrees that it's a fundamental right. Writing laws that threaten women who do seek to legally and safely terminate an unwanted or unhealthy pregnancy, forcing them to give birth to unwanted children, or risk their health/life, is not a natural or wholesome social remedy.

The reality of the physical world we exist in is, you can't outlaw abortion. You can only outlaw safe, clean and legal abortions.
edit on 20-9-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   

You are the one taking it as "mostly women"

As I said, everyone goes for a different reason, then gave a list of some reason people might go. If you have an issue with those examples so sorry I hurt your feelz.

Nobody here has made it about men, they brought men into the convo as is their right to do so. Their statement is true and for you to say it isn't shows how ignorant you want to be on this matter.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: stevieray

Show off hands, women.

I go to the gym for me.

It’s about me.

This doesn’t even slightly refute what I said.

But it’s nice to know, I guess.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

Good for you?

I think that’s mostly BS.

Mostly women in gyms are in their own “zone” working out for themselves and their own health.

To make it about men is insulting.

OMG everything is a grave insult.

Even if it’s simply a fact that most domestic / sexual attacks are men vs women, and women do certain things in response, to be safe.

We can’t even describe what we all see anymore without the fainting couch.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The reality of the world is that women have been aborting unwanted pregnancies for 1000s of years, and most of the civilized world agrees that it's a fundamental right. Writing laws that threaten women who do seek to legally and safely terminate an unwanted or unhealthy pregnancy, forcing them to give birth to unwanted children, or risk their health/life, is not a natural or wholesome social remedy.

The reality of the physical world we exist in is, you can't outlaw abortion. You can only outlaw safe, clean and legal abortions.

I like your sweeping generalisations, which may or may not be true. And probably not as expansive as you hint at.
I don’t doubt there were people with no conscience way back to caveman days, and around the globe.
Doesn’t make them decent or honorable.

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

The practice was preferable to the alternative.

The Chilling Ancient Practice of Infanticide Was Once Accepted as Normal

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Sorry for the hyperbole of that rhetorical point. But it's at least a percentage true. Not by any means 'common', but I've met a few. More than should ever exist.

Mostly yes, it's personal fitness, blaring music in a zone of workout zen, but I'm glad martial arts was brought up by someone, because it's an MMA crossfit gym I was thinking of, and there are more than just a few there for "be strong enough to fight attackers" reasons... for her own feeling of security in that situation.

I felt it was a good argument to demonstrate the physical disadvantage woman have (on average) in a sexual assault. And what some woman do in response to try to narrow the strength gap.

It was used to argue a woman can't always control if she gets impregnated or not. Far from intended as arrogant. Or "a woman only works out because of a man" sentiment.

Badly used observation?
edit on 20-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I sought out a different approach for my GF. For Valentines' day I bought her a pink Glock 9mm and a course in armed self defense and membership at the Range.

Sorry, even a fit cross fitter, trained in self defense is no match for a cranked up bruiser that doesn't feel pain; But adequate training should work wonders on a drunk date rapist; well worth the effort!!

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Or that works too.

Several use "stun gun flashlights" (or similar devices). 80,000,000 volts for $24.95

It might be "where you live" thing too. Is conceled carry even legal? Are there disgusting drug addled homeless people always walking around?

Not saying fighting rapists is an ever-present consideration for women across the board, but in some places it's definitely more pragmatic to be alert for and prepare for.
edit on 20-9-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

It might be "where you live" thing too. Is conceled carry even legal? Are there disgusting drug addled homeless people always walking around?

CCPs are legal even though the gov. rescinded the ruling for the time being but no one I know pays her any heed. I live in a small village where crime is almost nonexistent except for tourist, acting like tourist..... crossing the bridge over the Rio Grande into the closest large town is a different matter. Crank is the drug of choice and violence is always a possibility. Thanks for the stungun info...Im getting a couple of those as well to go along with our firepower to only be used in dire circumstances. Better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it.

edit on 20-9-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Sorry for the hyperbole of that rhetorical point. But it's at least a percentage true. Not by any means 'common', but I've met a few. More than should ever exist.

Mostly yes, it's personal fitness, blaring music in a zone of workout zen, but I'm glad martial arts was brought up by someone, because it's an MMA crossfit gym I was thinking of, and there are more than just a few there for "be strong enough to fight attackers" reasons... for her own feeling of security in that situation.

I felt it was a good argument to demonstrate the physical disadvantage woman have (on average) in a sexual assault. And what some woman do in response to try to narrow the strength gap.

It was used to argue a woman can't always control if she gets impregnated or not. Far from intended as arrogant. Or "a woman only works out because of a man" sentiment.

Badly used observation?

Thank you 👍

<< 9  10  11   >>

join