It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tragedy at day care centre in Bronx after a 1-year-old boy died and 3 other kids hospitalized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 06:25 AM
link   
www.nytimes.com...#:~:text=A%201%2Dyear%2Dold%20boy%20died%20on%20Friday%20and%20three ,used%20by%20drug%20dealers%20there.

A 1-year-old boy died on Friday and three other children were hospitalized after all four were apparently exposed to an opioid at a state-licensed day care in the Bronx, city officials said. The police said they later found a packaging device typically used by drug dealers there.

The New York City medical examiner’s office said on Saturday afternoon that it had completed an autopsy but that further examination was needed to determine the 1-year-old’s cause of death. It was not clear whether health officials had tested any of the children for drugs.

But the suspicions of police officials about opioid exposure — prompted, they said, by the children’s symptoms and by the discovery of a so-called kilo press at the day care site — drew attention to the threat from opioids such as fentanyl to children

The police have released little information about their investigation of the episode or why they homed in so quickly on opioid exposure as the likely explanation

But reports that some of the children were revived with the overdose-reversal medication Narcan suggested that they probably had been exposed to opioids, a class of synthetic drugs that includes prescribed pain relievers and narcotics such as heroin and fentanyl, said Dr. Sharon Levy, the chief of the division of addiction medicine at Boston Children’s Hospital.

Opioids generally kill by binding to a receptor in the portion of the brain that controls breathing and heart rate, causing a person’s breathing to slow or stop. Narcan binds to the same receptors, effectively blocking the effects of opioids.

That's a tragedy and according to the Police the children were probably exposed to opioids(!) with heroin or fentanyl to be the prime suspected drugs that caused the death and the three hospitalisations.

I wonder how on Earth these children had access and hence exposure to such dangerous substances. Even if it wasn't intended for them adults need to leave the kids alone as many have said on various threads. Children shouldn't be exposed to harmful drug and unnecessary medications.
edit on 17-9-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Ah, fent. Another lovely gift of war from our sometime sister China. Thanks China for ensuring the warlords down south are trained up in manufacturing, and dont worry! We would never dream of holding you accountable in any real sense!

(post by stevieray removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
Ah, fent. Another lovely gift of war from our sometime sister China. Thanks China for ensuring the warlords down south are trained up in manufacturing, and dont worry! We would never dream of holding you accountable in any real sense!

Although it's true, this is our own problem now.
Children shouldn't be exposed to any dangerous chemicals, drugs, or be subjects of unnecessary medications and surgeries (see other threads). This case shows how fragile children age when exposed to dangerous chemicals and drugs. The same is true when it comes to adults but it takes longer exposure and dosage to achieve the same results.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

The police said they later found a packaging device typically used by drug dealers there.

Sounds like they found a pill press.
Most likely one of the children watched their parent press out fentanyl pills or something similar, so they brought it to school thinking it made candy.

Really sad.
edit on 17-9-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

The police said they later found a packaging device typically used by drug dealers there.

Most likely one of the children watched their parent press out fentanyl pills or something similar, so they brought it to school thinking it made candy.

Really sad.

Or the daycare was a cover for a distribution network. Many people come and go all day dropping off and picking up. Put the dope in a car seat and cover it with a baby blanket. Maybe someone brought enough Fentanyl up from the basement operation with sloppy packaging or a spill occurred.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

That does happen. I have seen fast food restaurants get closed down for dealing out of the drive thru. They gave the drugs to the wrong car. They opened an investigation and I think most of the staff was involved, maybe even the owner, because it closed permanently.

"Can I get an extra, extra happy meal, heavy on the pill."

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

Really sad.

Or the daycare was a cover for a distribution network. Many people come and go all day dropping off and picking up. Put the dope in a car seat and cover it with a baby blanket. Maybe someone brought enough Fentanyl up from the basement operation with sloppy packaging or a spill occurred.

If that's true then should we have witnessed more of these events? No matter how careful you are accidents will happen when you try to store and distribute drugs.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Really sad.

If that's true then should we have witnessed more of these events? No matter how careful you are accidents will happen when you try to store and distribute drugs.

There is always a first time. They may have just started the operation. In a previous life, I was offered cash to allow some folks to install a second phone line and use my basement for a gambling operation. I decided that it was not worth the risk but the offer was mine to accept or refuse. The daycare may have been offered a deal that was not really refusable. We may not ever find out.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
lets take a guess on the last names who 'own' the kil0 press.

im going with, moved 'north' to live in the republik illlegallly.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

Really sad.

There is always a first time. They may have just started the operation. In a previous life, I was offered cash to allow some folks to install a second phone line and use my basement for a gambling operation. I decided that it was not worth the risk but the offer was mine to accept or refuse. The daycare may have been offered a deal that was not really refusable. We may not ever find out.

That's a possibility.
We need to see whether there is a distribution network that is responsible for it or a user who was very irresponsible.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: drongosrevenge

Never occurred to me in those terms but hear you go...
Source

Grei Mendez, 36, the reported owner of El Divino Nino Daycare at 2707 Morris Ave. in Fordham Manor, and Carlisto Acevedo Brito, 41, who lived at the same address as the day care center, were formally charged at 8 p.m., said cops.

This is tragic. The father of the boy was quoted saying:

“We had good recommendations about the place,” said Feliz. “We go over there and we check everything … We never imagined this happened, because it looked like a nice place.”

But a neighbor of the daycare said:

He described the owner as hanging outside the day care during her off-hours, “drinking and hookah and playing dominoes” into the early morning hours.

“In a way, I’m not surprised that it happened there in that day care,” he added. “She didn’t fit my criteria to be a day care person.”

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: drongosrevenge

Never occurred to me in those terms but hear you go...
Source

Grei Mendez, 36, the reported owner of El Divino Nino Daycare at 2707 Morris Ave. in Fordham Manor, and Carlisto Acevedo Brito, 41, who lived at the same address as the day care center, were formally charged at 8 p.m., said cops.

This is tragic. The father of the boy was quoted saying:

“We had good recommendations about the place,” said Feliz. “We go over there and we check everything … We never imagined this happened, because it looked like a nice place.”

But a neighbor of the daycare said:

He described the owner as hanging outside the day care during her off-hours, “drinking and hookah and playing dominoes” into the early morning hours.

“In a way, I’m not surprised that it happened there in that day care,” he added. “She didn’t fit my criteria to be a day care person.”

It looks like there is something going on here...
I wonder if the owner was arrested because he is the owner or there is a specific accusation against him.

posted on Sep, 17 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Just a heartbreaker to hear this very unwelcome news. Poor
little guy barely had a look at life.

new topics

top topics

join