It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having confidence before God.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
You support Catholicism and it’s corruption, it’s on you

No. I maintain my faith because the pedophiles who infiltrated the churches do not change the truth of the faith. That goes for Catholicism and Protestantism. The one billion Catholics on the planet, as well as the one billion Protestants, do not support pedophilia or corruption. They maintain their faith while condemning the pedophiles and coverups - not throwing out the baby with the bathwater. When the Catholic people found out about the cover up they demanded, and got, accountability. Protocols are in place. Vigilance is being maintained. New accounts of abuse are rare.

That is the difference between the Catholics and Protestants ... and the Jehovahs Witnesses. The Catholics and Protestants are demanding and getting accountability. The Jehovahs Witnesses are not.

The majority of Catholic abuse cases are decades old. Measures and protections have been put in place in the Catholic Church to insure that these things do not happen again. New cases of abuse are rare. Most of those accused of being pedophiles who had infiltrated the Catholic church are no longer priests.

Report on Abuse in Catholic Church in USA - Recent Cases are Rare

“This year’s audit documents, once again, that new cases of sexual misconduct by priests involving minors are rare today in the Catholic Church in the United States,” U.S. bishops’ conference president Archbishop Jose Gomez of Los Angeles said in the preface to the report. “According to this latest audit, last year there were 22 current allegations nationwide involving minors; of these about one-quarter have been substantiated to date. Those offenders were removed from ministry. Every allegation was reported to law enforcement.”

“The ministries of Safe Environments and Victim Assistance are here to stay,” he added. “The protocols and procedures for letters of suitability, background checks, and safe environment training are the norm. By the grace of God, the Church is working towards being accessible, accountable, and safe.”

4% of Catholic Priests abused children in the height of the abuse whereas 5-7% of public school teachers abused children. Do you tell people that they are supporting abuse and corruption if they send their kids to public school? I didn't think so.
Psychology Today - 4% of Catholic Priests Abused Children

You continually leave the protestants out of your accusations. The individual Protestant churches had the same problem with pedophiles and the same problem with not reporting the crimes.

More Sexual Abuse in Protestant Churches Than in Catholic - Stop Abuse Campaign

Evangelicals Worse than Catholics on Sexual Abuse - Christian Century Org

One in Ten Young Protestants Have Left a Church Over Abuse - Christianity Today

posted on Sep, 24 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

No FF, I have not gone after Protestants and I havnt gone after the Catholics because they have clearly repented of that sin and changed, I assume most criminals have been disciplined by the correct legal authorities
The Protestant churches don’t have a leadership organisation set up to protect child abusers like
JWorg has.
And the Catholics and Protestants admit there is an issue
JWorg havnt, won’t and deny their issues
They still harbour pedophiles n a church type environment

As for schools, secular environment not claiming God

Anytime a JW preaches at me, I will call hypocrisy, I will hold them accountable
www.thedailybeast.com...

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join