It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this our future with energy rationing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 05:20 AM
link   
In the state if Victoria one of the last coal fuelled power station will be shut down in mid 2028.

www.abc.net.au...

Once this is shutdown Victoria will have zero baseload demand electricity.

The base load is meant to be generated by solar and wind and battery storage.

Issue is the battery pack generates 300mw though get this it’s solar powered though can only support Victorian homes for a half hour, what a joke.

victorianbigbattery.com.au...

Come summer when everyone has their air conditioning on, maybe 5 minutes power available.

The rest of the night no power.

Who knows if and when the other projects come on line, I say 15 to twenty years. Who can hack power shortages for that long.

Yallourn generates 1450 mw 24 hours per day 365 days a year.

www.energyaustralia.com.au...

Clearly they’re a massive energy deficit that will definitely cause energy rationing and rolling blackouts.

Though this is clearly a long thought out plan, why do 99 percent of properties have smart metres?

Here’s why: www.aer.gov.au...

Smart metres can be remotely switched off, what an easy way to control who gets juice and who don’t.

This is where they can ration energy distribution.

Along with the massive push for electric car use that you will not be able to charge up fully due to the power rationing, that should you own an electric car, you will have a compromised life, no freedom only a falsehood of freedom.

Welcome to Victoria the restricted state.

This explains why in new home build all gas appliances will be banned from the 01/01/2024 in Victoria, so you cant cook and have a shower cause you have no electricity.

www.abc.net.au...

edit on 12-9-2023 by robsmith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 05:58 AM
link   
People will need to invest in their own stand alone power systems. I've been doing it for 22 years. The ones I feel sorry for are the people who have to hire someone to build it. It will be bad for apartment renters and people that can't afford the systems. But a great opportunity for banksters to expand the population of serfs.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
This is what those people in charge want, yes.
But it likely won't happen.

The authoritarian left aren't going to hold their control once the power goes out. Gen z will suddenly have to stand up and look around, and they're going to be confronted with a # reality.

The millennials will hand them weapons and point them towards their captors...

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: robsmith
I went fully solar/battery bank with my own self built electricity grid in March 2021, I haven't purchased any electricity from anyone since then.

I asked ChatGPT recently if there is enough lithium in the world, for every human to have a battery pack similar to mine.
The answer was repeatedly NO, unless massive reserves are discovered.

A few cloudy days in the dark season and I'm running only basics like lights, electric toothbrush, hair clippers, and entertainment screen/music, and mobile phone.
ALL my cooking and boiling water is from burning gas, except for 'light season 'sunny days when I boil water just to use the electricity which I have no more capacity to store.

I've saved a huge amount of money in the two and a half years I've been doing this, but anyone who thinks that what I do can be replicated for billions of people, is frankly nuts, and nothing more than a dream...because there simply ain't the resources to store the energy during the night, and the dark season.

...side note lol, my unused grid electricity meter, is now showing a minus £400+ figure, this is due to the daily 'standing charge' for the meter (£0.49 per day) - They keep writing to me, and I keep saying "well come and remove the meter then, I don't want it, and I will NEVER pay you for a service I don't actually use"
They can go # themselves, and I'm happy using my own grid, especially when the elf n safety electricity regulations only relate to grid electricity.
I'm sure a diligent sparky would moan about some of my wiring lol, but it's my own grid, my own risks...and I ain't being fleeced by anyone or their bull# regulations, so I care little 🤣

edit on 12-9-2023 by AdultMaleHuman73 because: Spelling/grammar

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I have always thought that an all electric personal car is a very bad idea. With smart meters and smart chargers and whatnot, any bureaucrat could decided that you don't need to travel and turn off the ability to charge your vehicle.

Part of me believes it is a plan to keep the serfs on the plantation and prevent the ability to move to greener pastures. Keep the serfs on the land, doing the work that TPTB has decided that you should do.

There are too many places to get fuel in the world to effectively do this with gasoline/diesel powered vehicles, but with the nature of how the electric vehicles identify themselves to the charger, there always remains the possibility that some bureaucrat could turn off your cars ability to charge, remotely.

There are definite benefits to electric vehicles, but I would keep that more for public transportation than personal transportation. Buses, taxis, trains, no problem...my personal car? Not so much. Refuel in 5 minutes in a gas car or 30+ minutes in an electric? No thank you.

I know it is possible to drive cross country in an all electric vehicle, but you need to be very careful. I went cross country this past year, 9449 miles in 3 weeks. Just taking my time and seeing the sights. There's no way I could have done that in an electric vehicle, going to the places I went. Even in the middle of nowhere, you can usually find a gas station. Good like finding a charger! And even if I ran out of gas, it is a lot easier to bring a can of gas to a vehicle, fuel it up and drive to a gas station than to have to tow your car to a charger to charge it up.
edit on 12-9-2023 by BomSquad because: spelling

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam
People will need to invest in their own stand alone power systems. I've been doing it for 22 years.

So, we're planning on buying some land and a house (tiny farm or something) very soon, can you point me to any resources where I can learn about how to do this kind of thing? I was considering installing one, or maybe even 2 2,000 gallon propane tanks, placing them in an underground storage facility I'd build, but I'm not sure that is the best way to go about it...

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73

NIce
Good for you screw the "man"

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Glad to see you're doing your bit for global warming. Kudos.

Next thing to watch for is the number of excess deaths due to lack of electricity from heat stroke and the like. At some point, the number of living will meet the electric output level and all will be good.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I imagine, once as many people as possible have paid for there own power generation, they will announce free or very little cost energy.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Energy rationing and water rationing. YEP. It's coming with overpopulation.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1986
I imagine, once as many people as possible have paid for there own power generation, they will announce free or very little cost energy.
I genuinely laughed out loud reading this!
More because I'd think "Just my luck, when I'd sorted my own # out, typical!"
But then thinking about it, I just can't imagine cost savings from, say a revolutionary new energy source, ever ever being passed 'free' to consumers!

There's way too many jobs/investment, and control to be had when everyone is dependent on the national grid, so for that reason alone I see more/further regulations for us 'rebels' who have chosen to disconnect.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I do minimise my use of gas and electricity, we have a highly efficient home, double glazing, heavily insulated, with radiator heating.

My point is there needs to be a balance, not hust setting a deadline for 4 years away, and expecting wind and solar to support energy demands.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AdultMaleHuman73

That’s really great to be able to disconnect in a way off the grid.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:04 AM
link   
It's brilliant for most of the year, just the 2/3 weeks either side of winter solstice, if it's full cloud...I'm using a dustpan and brush instead of a vacuum cleaner...and I'm handwashing clothes/bedsheets!
Keeps me physically active though!🤣

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   

My point is there needs to be a balance, not hust setting a deadline for 4 years away, and expecting wind and solar to support energy demands.

You're correct, and in a sane world, that's how things would have developed. We no longer live in a sane world. We live in a world dominated by Authoritarian regimes hell bent on achieving their net zero emissions goals, consequences be damned. And in case you hadn't noticed.......elections no longer matter and as a result the opinions of the general public no longer matter either.

posted on Sep, 18 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Very interesting!

new topics

top topics

join