It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Request help from members

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Greetings my fellow secretiers!

I am developing a new website and I have the design look I want, but I can't stand my choice of colors. It's as if I am color blind or at least color-scheme blind.

my site is sozzledboot.com (still under construction...read 'not working yet!')

Check out the html code...not every color is able to be changed but there has to be something I can do to make the colors that can be changed match and look more appealing!

PS: never mind the blue banner box at the top...I am having the company logo done by somebody else and who knows what color he has in mind for that banner space!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankx

[edit on 11-4-2005 by sozzledboot]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Well, not sure what you are saying about a color not being able to be changed. I build websites for a living and believe me, every color can be changed. Now there is a certain amount of colors in the "web safe palette", but with new graphics cards and such...you can even go way beyond that.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
sorry for being so vague.

I am referring specifically to non-image colors. ie font, background, bgcolor, etc.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sozzledboot
sorry for being so vague.

I am referring specifically to non-image colors. ie font, background, bgcolor, etc.

Exactly what I AM talking about. They can all be changed. Everything has a color property. You can change all of those.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
well in any event, the question is not so much what colors can be changed as it is what colors do I change to?

my choice of colors for the site are not agreeable to me and after many attempts to alter the color scheme, I still cant get the right colors or combination of colors that make the site look any better than it is.

choosing colors has never been something that I am good at.

that is why I am hoping that someone here with an eye for colors and color matching can help me.

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
This is the very reason that I stick to template that someone else has made. I can make a web page do cool things, but I can't pick a color scheme to save my life. If you haven't gone too far with this project I'd suggest finding a good template with a nice color layout. You can find these in the range of $40 that look pretty darn good.

join