It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elon Musk to sue the ADL?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   
twitter.com...
"To clear our platform’s name on the matter of anti-Semitism, it looks like we have no choice but to file a defamation lawsuit against the Anti-Defamation League … oh the irony!"

Well, this should be entertaining, to say the least. I know I should have some important commentary to accompany this thread, but I fear the thought-police and speech-police are on stand-by, ready to roll out the fireworks! What do you think? Is Elon biting off more than he can chew, or is it just more "bread-and-circus" bs? Either way, it will be popcorn worthy!

edit on 942023 by intheblue because: grammar

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intheblue
twitter.com...
"To clear our platform’s name on the matter of anti-Semitism, it looks like we have no choice but to file a defamation lawsuit against the Anti-Defamation League … oh the irony!"

Well, this should be entertaining, to say the least. I know I should have some important commentary to accompany this thread, but I fear the thought-police and speech-police are on stand-by, ready to roll out the fireworks! What do you think? Is Elon biting off more than he chew, or is it just more "bread-and-circus" bs? Either way, it will be popcorn worthy!

P yeah please Sue susu I mean it's getting ridiculous man when you can't even speak your voice of truth I mean like they can all go stick it up their butt.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   

when you can't even speak your voice of truth
a reply to: musicismagic

Yea, being afraid to voice your opinion because of what might happen to you, is a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it makes people really think about whether or not they have a valid opinion, before speaking up. On the other hand, the truth of this world is being buried at the cost of, dare I say it, "feelings".

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: intheblue

At least it looks like we can still say Twitter, because twitter.com.
I don't think I'll get used to X

Well now, Civil lawsuits involve discovery process. That will be interesting, if we ever get to hear about it in unbiassed reporting.

The popcorn may get stale while waiting.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Well now, Civil lawsuits involve discovery process. That will be interesting, if we ever get to hear about it in unbiassed reporting.
a reply to: pthena

I agree. Thankfully I don't have to rely on the bias of any reporting, thanks to the gift of discernment!

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   
my second favorite group to respond to on twitter is the ADL.

They love to boast about how they protect equal rights and fight hate and hate speech

Just don't ask them if that applies to Palestinian children or their maintenance of the worlds largest concentration camp.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I've been seeing a lot of people calling it Xitter. How do you pronounce that? Is the X like an Sh?

And a tweet is a Xitt?

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Space’X’

Twitter changes to ‘X’.

It’s called branding.

I rebranded my company over two years ago.

Branding/Marketing is EVERYTHING these days. SMART (abbreviated) branding is crucial! One word or one letter is even better. He knows what he’s doing,

I’ve expressed my reservations about Elon openly here. However, this one makes complete sense on a consolidation of resource identification level.

There is no conspiracy here. Just good PR.
edit on 4-9-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

I've been seeing a lot of people calling it Xitter. How do you pronounce that? Is the X like an Sh?

And a tweet is a Xitt?

Maybe they are trying for something like Exeter in the move 'This Island Earth'.

I mever had a use for Twitter and don't see one for X. I do have an appearing bird in a cage trick I joking call 'getting a tweet' as a magic trick. Getting an X doesn't seem to apply as humorously.
edit on 4-9-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Jonathan Greenblatt, ADL CEO fires back at Elon. It all seems to have started after Greenblatt tweeted about meeting with X CEO Linda Yaccarino. Apparently white supremecists didn't take too kindly to that, and they apparently got #BantheADL trending on "X". Greenblatt goes on to say that the ADL is not talking to (re: leaning on) advertisers, and then adds that, ok they have (lol). Apparently the ADL thinks this would be a "frivolous lawsuit".

In another interview, Greenblatt claims the ADL is "a small non-profit" organization. At the end he bizarrely states that blaming the Jews is classic scapegoating. Strange, as Elon isn't threatening to sue the Jews, he's threatening to sue the ADL.
Gree nblatt on MSNBC

Next week should be interesting, as Musk has also hinted at a document dump on X, pertaining to the relationship between X, and the ADL. More popcorn, please!

posted on Sep, 8 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Anybody else following this? Things are heating up for Elon, as the fire seems to be coming from many directions. Starlink, Obama Pizza references, and this feud with the ADL. Seems there just isn't enough popcorn.

edit on 982023 by intheblue because: grammar

posted on Sep, 10 2023 @ 07:41 PM
link   
BODY LANGUAGE - ADL RESPONSE TO ELON MUSK'S LAWSUIT

Another take on what is going on with this issue.

join