It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wolf Spider Bite leads to Bacteria & Staph Infection ~ Cellulitis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 02:13 AM
link   
That sounds horrendous! Godspeed for a clean recovery with zero skin damage, buddy 🤞

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The only thing I know about spiders is that ducks LOVE to eat Sydney Funnelweb spiders. They decimate those venomous, angry bastards.

I would like to assume they also love dining on every other spider on the face of the earth and recommend them to you as a bit of payback for the indecency of your predicament.

Get well soon Waterglass

a reply to: Waterglass

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

We typically have flocks of mallard and wood ducks here and they would go into the back yard. This year they have disappeared. Totally. We think they were decimated by the avian flu.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

small copperhead?

I am only going on what the Urgent Care doctor told me and he put it in writing on the release. I am now into my 2nd round of antibiotic's. I have been up since 1:00am last night. Have slight fever. The marks are actually closer to 3/8".

I do recall sticking my hands into a fresh wood chip pile without my gloves on. The bastard could have been in them.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Wow!….I’m so sorry … Years ago ( 1990) I was bite by a spider on the top of my hand while I was sleeping . My hand swelled up and it was quite painful . I found some odd spider that resembled a brown recluse ( didn’t really figure out what exactly but me ) and I bombed the hell out of my bedroom …... So I feel Your pain . It hurts and throbs like a MF … Since you didn’t feel the bite , could it have been when you were sleeping ? Maybe check your bedroom and spray or bomb the room just in case . Also, baking soda paste on a bite can pull venom out too . At least it does with ant bites and bee stings . And American Indians used sage leaves for snake bites . I don’t know if any of that would work on spider bites ? Maybe something to look into . Hope you heal soon and fast .

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: billxam

OMG I feel so sorry for you. If the 2nd round doesn't kill it off that's where I may be headed. Once I get my strength back I will nuke the yard.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Wow what a story. I can tell you the hospital doctors at our Family Practice is keeping an eye on me and for that I am grateful.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: McGinty

Thank you McGinty

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I was bitten in the cheek by an Indian Ornamental.. an import. Nothing happened for a good 24 hours and them the side of my face swelled. In the end I have a dime size pit on my face from the infection that they had to remove. It was staph. Just be very careful and if you see ANY change get into the ER immediately.

I guess I wont be a super model now.. **sigh**

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

Fang marks a quarter inch apart? You sure you weren't hit by a small copperhead? I've never seen spider fangs a quarter inch apart, the biggest fangs on a spider I've ever seen was a funnel web (one that is native to SC) that were about 1/4" long and 3/16" apart. She was a little over 1 inch long on her body and the legs were short fat and stubby and she was purple.

I just measured the copperhead bite marks on my left arm and the scars were about 1/8" round and 5/16" on center apart. The red streak you mentioned sounded like a snake bite.

Regardless, WG, you take care! We ain't as young as we used to be. Also, watch out for the two new invasive hornets we now have. Both are supposed to be ground hornets, one is yellow with black stripes and about 3/4" long. It likes to spray its victims with venom before attacking. The other is mostly black with a yellow face about 1-1/8" long and has thin yellow "brougham" stripes on its thorax. My granddaughter had one jammed into her headlight and not knowing what it was, I doubled a red grease rag and pulled it from between the headlight and fender. She was not a happy camper and even through the doubled grease rag she stung my right thumb. Just barely, but I knew I had been stung. It felt like a DC voltage hit the tip of my thumb of about 80VDC. The skin the venom hit rotted away about 2-3 days later and new skin replaced it thank goodness. I still can't find on the internet what kind of hornet it is.

Hope you get well real soon! Lexington is great. My uncle believed highly in the place!

Wolf spiders can spread their fangs pretty wide. I watched a video of someone handling one, I couldn't believe how wide it opened its fangs before it bit him.

I'm not sure it was a wolf spider that got OP. I've been bitten by them too when I used to handle them, and they get you pretty good. You'd definitely know you were bitten.

Wolf spider bites apparently can become necrotic, but not from their venom. Same with the brown recluse. Something else got into the wound. Brown recluse are pretty rare for South Carolina.

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MelissaP

YOU "In the end I have a dime size pit on my face from the infection that they had to remove. It was staph"

I saw the pictures on the web. Its terrible.

I also have staph. I am on my 10th day of antibiotics. Looks like I will see doctor on Tuesday. I have been up since 1:00am last night. Have a mild fever today at 100.6 degrees. Now for the 1st time I am sore all over, neck and lower back.

To preserve my kidneys I am now only drinking pure water as I am on 5600mg of antibiotic's a day.

Of all things to be taken down by a POS spider.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I've been bitten by almost all sorts of spiders, never had a reaction like that from a Wolf Spider (one that is medically insignificant). You must be allergic.

Sorry you had to experience all that, does not sound fun in the slightest. Wish you a speedy and full recovery!

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is why you need to put Alcohol on everything.

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Ulven

Yes, they aren't supposed to be poisonous

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Any new powers or incredible physical abilities from the bite? Or maybe an incredibly annoying speaking manner like Tom Holland?

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

This is the 11th day of antibiotics I have a head, neck and back ache. No speech issues. I see doctor tomorrow to play it safe.

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Just checking in to see if any updates , I hope you are healing and getting better . It doesn’t sound like a wolf spider , maybe more like a black widow ? You should go back to that bag of bark and dump it out, see what you can find … it could have been a centipede or anything like that , too ? … hope you’re well .

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 12:41 AM
link   

And this is exactly why we have a 2nd amendment!

Ooops, sorry wrong thread.

...or is it?

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Oops since you showed up I can blab. I finished the 2nd round of antibiotics on Sunday. Have had a 24 / 7 mild fever for two weeks.

Now I have a secondary infection. I also lost 8 pounds in 7 days. I see Doc again this Friday.

Boy is this fun !!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join