It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marxist Pope Francis Calls America Catholics 'Backwards'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
So the people that use the Bible as justification for promoting laws that target the LGBT+ community are hiding behind the Bible to push their politics?.

Would you like to give an example of Catholics promoting anti-LGBTQ legislation that uses the BIBLE for reasoning? I don't know of any.

Both the New and Old Testament condemn homosexual acts as sinful and perverse. So if there is no exact commandment or law in regards to homosexuality (and off the top of my head I don't know if there is), it is still implied that it is sinful and not to be engaged in. The bible is supposed to be a blue print for how to run life .. if you are Christian.
edit on 9/1/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Law and Commandments in the New Testament
This is a PROTESTANT source.
They call these 'laws'. Catholics tend to call them commandments.
They are very different from the Old Testament Laws that people think of

1050 New Testament Commandments

Example of these commandments from the New Testament -

Be exceeding glad (Matthew 5:12)
Be reconciled to a brother (Matthew 5:24)
Be perfect (Matthew 5:48; 2 Cor. 13:11)
Be wise as serpents (Matthew 10:16)
Be harmless as doves (Matthew 10:16)
Be ready for Christ's coming (Matthew 24:44; Luke 12:40)
Be content with your wages (Luke 3:14)
Be merciful as God (Luke 6:36)
Be like faithful servants (Luke 12:36)
Be thankful (Col. 3:15)
Be at peace among selves (1 Thess. 5:13)
Be patient toward all people (1 Thess. 5:14; 2 Tim. 2:24)
Be no partaker of sin (1 Tim. 5:22)
Be sober and hope (1 Peter 1:13)
Be sober and pray (1 Peter 4:7)
Be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, charity, and patience (aged men, Titus 2:2)
Be sober, love husbands and children (young women, Titus 2:4)
Be sober minded (young men, Titus 2:6)
Be in behavior as becoming to saints (aged women, Titus 2:3)
Be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient (young women, Titus 2:5)
Be ready to give an answer of the hope that is in you (1 Peter 3:15)
Be of good cheer (John 16:33)
Be baptized (Acts 2:38)
Be converted (Acts 3:19)
Be transformed (Romans 12:2)
Be kind of brotherly love one to another (Romans 12:10; Ephes. 4:32)
Be fervent in spirit (Romans 12:11)
Be patient in tribulation (Romans 12:12)
Be given to hospitality (Romans 12:13)
Be afraid, if lawless (Romans 13:4)

edit on 9/1/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Pope Francis recognizes civil union, according to nation or state law, he doesn't recognize marriage under God.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
a reply to: tanstaafl
"An honest question: how do you determine what is a law in the writings of the Bible?"

Easy. You ask a Rabbi. All the laws are Old Testament.

That in no way answered my question.

Unless you are suggesting that every single word in the Old Testament is a law/commandment?

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Unless you are suggesting that every single word in the Old Testament is a law/commandment?

You obviously didn't look at the link I provided.
It gave all the laws of the Old Testament.
As to how it was determined that they are laws, you have to ask a Rabbi.
Seriously. They are trained in the Old Testament and can tell you why they are laws.
Seems pretty self evident ... God tells people to do something through a prophet.
But if you don't like that then ask a Rabbi.
In the mean time, look at the link I provided. It gives ALL the laws in the Old Testament.

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Satanwasframed
Oh, you poor sinner.

Since I'm here I think you want to see this. Did you realize the Christian Apocalypse has been running since 1948? Here's the proof.

Matthew 24

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

So what is this fig tree he mentions? It turns out it's the nation of Israel. Israel became a nation in 1948. Therefore it appears that the fig tree is 75 years old now. Look at Luke 13 verses 6 through 9 and Mark 11 verses 12, 13, 14, 20, and 21. So now where is the actual curse? The book of Hosea and the day of Jezreel prophecy. But specifically verse 6-2 has the timeline of the curse.

After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight.

2nd Peter 3-8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

In the first century AD the Jews of the day triggered this curse. And then Jesus Christ references the 2 day curse in John 2.
18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

So if the death of Jesus Christ was the start of the first day then the 2000th anniversary of that date is in the 2030s. Which means the apocalypse must occur and finish in the 2030s. April 7 2033 is given as a possible date for it but it could be as late as 2036 or so.

So it appears the next 10-15 years the various harvests of the Apocalypse are going to occur. Which one will you fall into? And are you counted into this?

2nd Peter 3
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
edit on 2-9-2023 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2023 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

You obviously didn't look at the link I provided.

I just did, thanks. I didn't read each and every one, but don't see any laws/commandments to kill non-believers.

It gave all the laws of the Old Testament.

Yes, but I didn't ask for a list, I asked how does one tell words from an actual commandment.

That said, I apologize, you did answer - ask a rabbi - but I don't take the word of a man on things like this. It is either something one can ascertain for oneself, or it is not reliable.

Anyway, thanks for trying...

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 04:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

Why people continue to follow and support the Catholic church is beyond me; it's not like they aren't still getting caught doing the same thing currently.

Jesus said: “Now this is the basis for judgment: that the light has come into the world, but men* [Or “people.”] have loved the darkness rather than the light, for their works were wicked. For whoever practices vile things hates the light and does not come to the light, so that his works may not be reproved.* [Or “exposed.”] But whoever does what is true comes to the light, so that his works may be made manifest as having been done in harmony with God.” (John 3:19-21)

So that could be a reason. Here's another reason from the Bible (the bolded part relates to the bolded part above):

“For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome* [Or “healthful; beneficial.”] teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled.* [Or “to tell them what they want to hear.”] They will turn away from listening to the truth and give attention to false stories.” (2 Timothy 4:3,4)
edit on 3-9-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I am Groot !

posted on Sep, 4 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

I am Groot !

My favorite character in that universe!

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Case Against Pope Francis
He appointed people to be Cardinals because they agreed with his liberal slant, all the while ignoring the fact that they were freak'n pedophiles.

AND ... He gave Cardinal McCarrick a free pass and kept him on board because he was a liberal who helped him get elected, even though he was a freak'n pedophile.

A pro-Francis article that admits his economic outlook -

The Guardian

He loathes and condemns American capitalism: .... the first big policy statement of his time in office was an encyclical, or teaching document, addressed to the whole church, that fiercely condemned the workings of global markets.

edit on 9/12/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 02:56 PM
link   

The outrage!

A pro-Francis article that admits his economic outlook

"Feeding the poor is Marxist"

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile
"Feeding the poor is Marxist"
:

No. Being anti-capitalism and anti-free market, combined with the call for a new world tax with the proceeds to go through the Vatican to redistribute wealth, along with the 'we are the moral authority and you can't question us' expectations ... THAT is Marxist.

As I quoted -

He loathes and condemns American capitalism: .... the first big policy statement of his time in office was an encyclical, or teaching document, addressed to the whole church, that fiercely condemned the workings of global markets.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

That's all in your head, not in "The Capital".

Communists are about to abolish private property and the church, he merely wants to share some crumbs to prevent the guillotines. Focus!

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 03:14 PM
link   
None of them are anointed by God.

The Bible never says anything about the need for a special pope.

There is only one man to look to and that's Jesus.

All of catholicism is backwards and the pope is an anti christ.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: GoShredAK

Matthew 16:18-19 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

...and Jesus put Peter in charge of His church on earth telling him that whatever he said for the church, Heaven accepts. Peter established a hierarchy and apostolic succession (in ACTS). All with the blessing of Christ Himself.

There have been 266 popes. Which one is supposedly the anti-christ?
This one sucks. He's an anti-American, anti-free market, anti-Catholic, New World Order, Marxist.
But he's not THE anti-christ. There can be only one anti-Christ. And none of the popes have been it.

edit on 9/12/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Matthew 16:18-19 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the powers of death shall not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

...and Jesus put Peter in charge of His church on earth telling him that whatever he said for the church, Heaven accepts. Peter established a hierarchy and apostolic succession (in ACTS). All with the blessing of Christ Himself.

There have been 266 popes. Which one is supposedly the anti-christ?
This one sucks. He's an anti-American, anti-free market, anti-Catholic, New World Order, Marxist.
But he's not THE anti-christ. There can be only one anti-Christ. And none of the popes have been it.

I said AN anti-christ, for i believe there are many, because it is a spirit.

I know there will be THE anti-christ later as well. Most likely out of the Vatican in some way.

posted on Sep, 12 2023 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I said AN anti-christ, for i believe there are many, because it is a spirit.

I know there will be THE anti-christ later as well. Most likely out of the Vatican in some way.

This notion that when the Bible is talking about "the antichrist" that it's talking about a singular individual is incorrect.

The term “antichrist(s)” is found but five times in the Bible and only in the writings of the apostle John. Identifying the antichrist of his day, John wrote: “Many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.” (note that "many deceivers" are identified as "the antichrist", singular) And also further identifying the antichrist: “Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist.”—2 John 7; 1 John 2:22, 18, NW.

It appears that “antichrist” has a twofold meaning. As its name indicates, it is anti or opposed to Christ. And it also has the thought of false or pseudo Christ, in the place or stead of Christ. While, as we have seen, some have attempted to apply the term to a certain individual, or organization, the foregoing scriptures, together with the physical facts, indicate that all persons, organizations or groups that falsely claim to represent Christ, that arrogate to themselves the Messianic role or that oppose Christ and his followers can properly be termed antichrists, even as Jesus said: “He that is not on my side is against me, and he that does not gather with me scatters.” (Matt. 12:30, NW) Interesting in this connection is the observation made by McClintock & Strong’s Cyclopædia that “the just conclusion seems to be that Antichrist is not to be confined to any single person or power, but is essentially a great principle or system of falsehood having various manifestations, forms of working and degrees.”

Incidentally, let it be noted that the truth regarding the antichrist is not mere milk but is solid spiritual food; strong meat that can be assimilated fully only by those who have advanced to maturity, only by “those who through use have their perceptive powers trained to distinguish both right and wrong.”—Heb. 5:13, 14, NW.
edit on 12-9-2023 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2023 @ 06:34 AM
link   
It took a long time to load for me but it was an interesting read.
Raises a lot of questions about what he was doing in that mess down there.
"Pope Francis" Role in Argentinas Dictatorship and the Hundreds of Missing Children

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join