It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devices to receive FEMA alert Oct 4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I don't think you can avoid this one by turning your cell phone off on Oct 4 back up date October 11 in case of severe weather.

Don't blame you if you don't trust the FEMA link

www.cbsnews.com...

www.fema.gov...

Was this done before in 2021?

When FEMA sends you the alert on Oct 4, make sure you cover the camera while clicking the acknowledge button.

I'm thinking AI face recognition tied to your phone being sent to FEMA

Any ideas how to get around this?

edit on 27-8-2023 by asd161 because: Expanded post

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: asd161

Sorry, I’m not clicking on that based on your own description of it.

Care to elaborate on what’s behind the curtain?

edit on 27-8-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So this has been done for years. Every fall. For TV, radio, don't know about streaming.

In theory, this is the big one. Main switched pulled first, and then they record all the data. The station engineers have all types of paperwork to do before and after.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Don't blame you. You can look up Oct 4 on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I don't have a cell or and my TV is decades old, so I guess they'll miss me-just like with the 'enhanced census forms' I was required by law to fill out under Obama and now Biden-which I also ignored.

There are some perks to being backwoods rednecks. We even know how to brew our own beer, should the Biden need arise.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   

My device takes a picture every time I go into settings. I stopped it with an app called "Camera Guard by ProtectStar".

iPhones take your picture constantly through what Apple calls "Truedepth" technology which is a part of their device security protocols.

I just put a piece of tape over the front camera and use the aforementioned "Camera Guard". If they want recent shots of me they can come and knock on my door and we can discuss it.

But no, I'm not allowing whoever to update their profile on me.

*I got stuck inside a gas station in Texas during a tornado. Very nasty weather. There were at least thirty of us inside and all at once, all our phones went off at the same time which was a first for me (this was 2015) and it really unnerved me that it was exactly at the same time.

Felt like a twilight zone episode.

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Why is everyone complaining of a notification test? That camera in the corner is always on and so is the microphone. They already have you right where they want you. The only reason thay don't actually look and listen to everybody is that there are too many phones to do that with. They can always look back through their past recordings of you if they get interested in you individually. That and the tracking logs of your smart phone.

I have heard the tracking still works with a turned off phone.

Oh, why is it surprising that an alarm code would set off an alarm on all phones in a tornado emergency? They had that technology in common use at least as for back as the 1950's.

Don't scream the sky is falling when we have been walking in the dust for many years.
edit on 27-8-2023 by beyondknowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: asd161

Was this done before in 2021?

Nationwide Tests
On Aug. 11, 2021 FEMA, in coordination with the FCC, conducted the sixth nationwide test of the EAS. Previous EAS national tests were conducted in November 2011, September 2016 and 2017, October 2018, and August 2019 in collaboration with radio and television stations and emergency management officials.

www.fema.gov...

Hospitals test overhead paging and other comms systems in some cases once a week.
Why shouldn't or wouldn't a test be done in this case?

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What's the big deal. Assuming worst case, FEMA snaps your picture and does a facial recognition on you. And they get your location. Cover your cameras if you are really that paranoid. But do you really think the government does not already have your face on file? Do you think they can't already know your location from your phone?

I get that many people don't like the government and think the government is out to get them. That's your prerogative. It's a free country. But it's all starting to sound silly and paranoid to us normal people.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2

I have heard the tracking still works with a turned off phone.

Kind of interesting that many new phones don't have removable batteries, no?

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

great point cover lens, and imo no reply.

posted on Aug, 28 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

And you should be damn glad we do.

Responder
FEMA/Region 2, South

top topics

join