It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice Needed: DJI RS3 Ronin Pro & DSLR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I’m not new to video production. My background is affiliate news followed by 20-yrs of freelance video production.

But I’m behind the times in two particular areas that I need to catch up on fast: DSLR for video and digital gimbals.

First I need to know if a DJI RS3 Ronin Pro gimbal with a suitable dlsr (or mirrorless) will fairly reliably auto-track Talent—-outside or inside with the gimbal standing in its tripod config. Does that necessarily get into the Lidar add-on option?

That’s not the only purpose I have for the gimbal of course, but if I could get my talent doing simple stand-ups while I’m otherwise occupied that would be a home-run for me.

Which leads me to the second half of my query: the dlsr. I don’t necessarily need the finest technical 4k—or better—image as much as I need the best compromise between image quality, auto-tracking and additional in-lens or in-body optical/image/hybrid stabilization.

My main video camera pretty much never leaves manual control, but this cam, for it’s purposes, needs to have fairly decent auto functions.

And I’d like the DLSR part to be $3000 or less heh.

Thanks for helping an old fella out!

join