It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV SHOW - Young Sheldon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Anyone watch this TV show? Young Sheldon. Sort of a prequel to
The Big Bang Theory which recently was cancelled after a decade.

Young Sheldon follows the early life of Sheldon Lee Cooper from
The Big Bang Theory. He's the tall brilliant fella.

Young Sheldon starts with Sheldon at nine years old starting High School.
It has him now 12 years old and in college. It follows him and his family.

We watch the reruns evenings and Big Bang Theory reruns as well.
What do you think of the show? The characters?

Honestly I really can't stand Sheldon.
He's brilliant but oh so arrogant and self centered. And don't get
me started on the mother. The actress does a great job of making
me hate her. She's a holier than thou hypocrite.

The show itself is entertaining. Sometimes we heckle the screen
like telling George to take the job in Oklahoma because his family
doesn't appreciate him. That kind of 'just having fun' thing.

Anyone else watch?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I do! It's so far removed from reality that I really enjoy the momentary escape and humor is my go-to salvation from all the heavy stuff of daily living.

I had a former MIL with the 'God' everything philosophy, so I love her portrayal.

George Sr. reminds me of my down-to-earth FIL, just trying to keep the peace with a dose of common sense mentality.

Georgie is a typical head-in-the-clods teenager, and loveable as heck'

Missy is SO girl! And her simplistic view of life is spot on, which flies over the head of most adults.

Grandma? Well, I have a special relationship with my granddaughter and have been known to cover for her a time or three.

For mindless entertainment and humor sans the nudity and sex that permeates most 'family' shows these days, I give it 5 stars. I'm not a fan of reruns, though; I'll wait for next season and hope it doesn't get canceled.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I don’t really watch television shows on the networks anymore, but I’ve seen a few clips of the show on YouTube.

Looks pretty good but it seems to be focused on the more interesting family members than on Sheldon. The supporting characters are what makes a hit..
imagine Seinfeld without his friends or Buffy without the scooby gang.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I haven't watched a "TV" in over 20 years, seriously ... whats a TV Show ?

All the best

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:39 PM
link   
it is a nice wholesome show which you dont find too often nowadays. i enjoy it

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:56 PM
link   

He appears to be an Autistic Savant cabined with being a total narsastice

i love the show but in the real world i doubt that he would live to see his sixth birthday.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 03:38 AM
link   
I think Sheldon may have aspergers. He simply can't function.

Missy is fun. Georgie is a good guy. I feel sorry for the dad. No one appreciates him.

Not sure how they are going to do the next season with Grandmas house gone from the tornado.

No place for Georgie, Mandy, and the baby to live.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I love the show and Sheldon from BBT.

Young Sheldon is a great show, love all the characters!

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yup my go to show to have a few laughs and feel good ..even if I have seen the episodes 3 or 4 times I will still watch 😂 I do hope that it comes back with new episodes something about a writers strike 😞

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: starlitestarbrite
Yup my go to show to have a few laughs and feel good ..even if I have seen the episodes 3 or 4 times I will still watch 😂 I do hope that it comes back with new episodes something about a writers strike 😞

Yeah it's supposed to come on in mid September but I don't see it happening.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   
HEY has anyone called Sheldons home phone number?
They read it off on the show a couple of times.

(409) 356-6049
Texas number.

If you call Sheldons number a recording comes on from the Coopers.
Really. We've called it. Kinda cute.

posted on Aug, 26 2023 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I miss the 80's!!

It took a season but the other characters have come around to full fledged characters in their own right. His sister is awesome! And you can tell where the story is leading. It is devastating to know that a character you began to really like will be taken out, probably in a season end episode, but that is Sheldon's history.

The end of the Big Bang Theory had too many holes in it to be understandable. But in Young Sheldon, you see where exposure to the kind of loving heart that a family has for each other really does help in that nature/nurture battle. You see how he is not quiet in touch with reality but the voice over of the older Sheldon always keeps the whole story in perspective.

For a sitcom, who could ask for anything more? Annie Potts is awesome! And his mother is a hot ball of confusion. Georgie, well, we love Georgie!!

I watched almost to the end of last season until I missed the last few. Waiting for the home front situation to get situated until I catch up. And because it was on rerun, I rewatched all the previous seasons too! So...

Good stuff!! Highly recommended!

posted on Aug, 27 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
It is devastating to know that a character you began to really like will be taken out, probably in a season end episode, but that is Sheldon's history.:

We know the father dies when Sheldon is 14. That's coming soon cuz' he's 12 in the show now. We also know the father has an affair with a girl friend because Sheldon walks in on them messing around while his mother is at a bible study. Right now she has no church to go to a bible study so that has to get resolved too.

We know he goes off to get his masters, I think to Cal Tech. I can't see the show continuing while he's at school for the masters. They'll have to end it. Right now he's finishing freshmen year? That leaves three years left.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Well ... Young Sheldon has been cancelled.

It will do 1/2 a season this year and that's it.

14 Episodes.

They have a new opening for the show, showing everyone standing there with the cow.

Sheldon towers over everyone. He has grown so tall.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Okay ... we are in the last weeks of the show. It's been cancelled. Young Sheldon is getting too old for the show.

Sheldon is 14 now in the show. I think they fast forwarded him a little bit. He's decided on a college. CalTech. This sets up for Big Bang Theory. His brother Georgie is working at a tire place now and that sets up for him to become Dr. Tire later in life. His mother is now getting along with the pastor again and is going back to church. This sets up for her going back to work in the church like she does in Big Bang Theory. The big thing coming is that George Sr. has to die. I don't know if they are going to do that before the show ends or not but George Sr. dies when Sheldon is 14 ... and Sheldon is now 14.

I generally like the show. But I really can't stand the mother. The actress does a good job of making me not like her.

posted on May, 16 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Okay ... last week the father died.

Tonight is the last episode.

We know the ending ... Sheldon moves to CalTech.

But i read an article saying the ending will be polarizing.

So I guess we'll see what that means.

top topics

join