It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst comedian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The worst comedian is your mother, it took her 9 month to produce one bad joke.

why are your mother jokes funny anyway...

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 05:19 AM
link   
what about premature bebe's?

a reply to: Terpene

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Badly timed punchlines...
edit on 24-8-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Badly timed punchlines...

That has just made me heartily guffaw, are you British?

If not, you've cracked the problem with some people not 'getting' our 'awful' humour.

I can only describe it as 'say the worst possible thing, with a smile'. I mean, how bad can it get.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Where do you find pregnancy books in a library ?

In the “C” section .

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: MCurns

Naw not brit, I'm just an awful person, so I get it naturally...

Monty Python was a revelation to me, it broadened my understanding of humor manifold.

Humor isn't laughing about the stuff you think is funny, it's being able to laugh even if it stings.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Humans find "your mother" jokes funny because they are a form of insult humor. Insult humor is when someone makes a joke that pokes fun at another person or group, often in an exaggerated way.

The use of the phrase "your mother" as part of the punchline creates a sense of shock and surprise for the listener, which can be humorous. Additionally, these types of jokes may also rely on cultural references or stereotypes about mothers, which can elicit laughter from those who recognize them.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Can i recommend a TV Show called The Day Today. Just as surreal Monty Python but more modern. Armando Iannucci and Chris Morris have that 'bad taste humour' about them. To the point the follow up series Brass Eye ended up getting banned.

They have also had a hand in the movies 'Four Lions' and 'Death of Stalin', both highly recommended.

edit on 24-8-2023 by MCurns because: Added movie trailer and the such like

edit on 24-8-2023 by MCurns because: epidsode one on the daytoday added

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

You sound like Wikipedia

I found this one, an especially spicy one, it's insults are layered like an onion...

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: MCurns

Thanks, I'll watch them, ATS film recommendations are rarely a let down...

We really have to thank Dal for the groundwork, it would be only half as funny.
like that it even works as one joke.
I hope D. wasn't trying to be sensible, as that would make my part rather insensible.
But this is the joke forum so kind-of not sorry, but thankful we got a laugh on someone's face.
I mean that punchline was perfectly timed, thank you D.

I wrote another response ment to be funny and upon posting and reading Dals post again, I had this answer pop into my head and busted out laughing, hence the edit...

I often laugh aubout my own jokes...

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Almost. I am honing my social interaction LLM, I knew someone would point out this is not how I construct my sentences

I found your question a valid question and so I asked my social interaction assistant what it is about mother jokes. And it answered in that framework so I used the information and sentence structures as well as vocabulary to formulate my own response. It wasn't copy and past is what I want to say.

I wasn't trying to insult you, although I think you poke fun at me for not posting a joke but dry and down to the point explanation :-P

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The little tibit "humans can" was an odd thing to read... Who else anyway? AI?

First i wanted to say arw you a bot, but didn't want to insult you.

that being the go to insult around here, and there being some tension already, I thought let's be diplomatic

Have you seen Mad Heidi?

I'm the 'neutral'izer...

I asked the stupid question and always ask for non conflated answers, so I'd better suck them up... There is a certain humor to such a dry answer too.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Does he understand jokes?

What's especially funny and share worthy about this one?

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Lilly Singh ... but then again, at least to me, Andy Kaufman sucks too.
edit on 24-8-2023 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

The little tibit "humans can" was an odd thing to read... Who else anyway? AI?

While this "humans can" came from the LLM, if you see me using it elsewhere in threads as if I wasn't one, then that's an insider joke I make from time to time to spook people who's job is to scower the internet.

Just fur funsies, next time you are in public wlan, google stuff like "Things that make humans comfortable", "Food humans like". Just for the small chance someone at NSA or wherever, either get's a small heart attack or a chuckle. I know I am strange humored....

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Although with comedians, you've always got to wonder: is it so bad, it's actually good?

Politicians are funnier, because you know, they didn't actually want this to be funny.

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

The sad part about politicians is most don't see the jokes they applaud, but once you got that punchline they are indeed hilarious...

posted on Aug, 29 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Oh go on - not inappropriate?

www.youtube.com...

Why, we do it in sports all the time, hence to prove it I'm going to snog the entire Spanish rugby team.

Before the astounded planet!

Impressive, point taken bro.

top topics

join