It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI, Creativity & Diagnosis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I realised while walking my dog yesterday:
the way they push AI in the public space is to replace creative people.
AI would be much better suited for bureaucratic tasks, if we're being honest right?
Compiling data sets. But no: to write stories, for creating images, music.

So I wondered why and well it stares you in the face now, right?^^^
Because who rallyes the common men and gives them empowerment group experiences and subversive ideas: creative people.
There's been a war on creativity for quite some time, all 'good' artists have a diagnosis of some sorts.

And just like that I am done with the whole #hole planet we share again

edit on 24-8-2023 by Peeple because: so many mistakes

edit on 24-8-2023 by Peeple because: more

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

But AI creates nothing on its own. It has no imagination. No creativity at all. It just blends already existing ideas together how it is told to. Much like any tool, if left on its own it does nothing. It can be used for good or evil but must be guided to do anything at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:43 AM
link   

not sure if walking the dog serves you well....

there is this black project AI done by a subgroup of NVIDIA that apparently trains its AI with dreaming brains electroencephalograms...
I wonder what it will output...

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: beyondknowledge2

Don't tell me that. I know. Big part of why I was wondering why it isn't used for purposes it is suited for.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I am creative and artistic. I use AI images as my brush.
You know the ones where you give it words and it akes images.
There are almost infinite possibilities between the words you choose and the styles to create a unique image.

And whilst unimaginative people come up with sunset on beach, creative people can express themselves via this AI program in just one more way.

I do hate when AI is left to itself though, there is no more creativity, but just like photographs ( portrait) vs paintings, people will always be amazed when a human creates something, compared to whatever a machine produces.

It will have it's place, but so will human ability and the creativeness of us meat robots.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Regardless AI will replace many jobs, you don’t need to be creative to get AI to do something creative for you, just tell it what you would like just like you would a graphic designer. The same applies to many if not all office based jobs.

Many professionals will find themselves without a profession in the near future.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 05:17 AM
link   
replace a parachute instructor with AI.

I'll hold my impressed until then.

a reply to: surfer_soul

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   

You know there is a German saying: Kunst kommt von können.
It means to create art in whatever form you need a certain skill.
So maybe it is creativity when you randomly burp out words, I have doubts, but it for sure isn't art.

because you could also make a fairly easy programm that just puts together a string of 5-6 commands for the image creating AI.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Ah yes parachute instructors, such a common and essential profession...

I used to do paragliding btw, there’s no reason AI couldn’t learn to fly, in fact someone modified a wing with various sensors and hooked it up to computer and it thermaled brilliantly.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You just got a good insight into what’s going on and what this world is, now you just have to ask the follow up questions. Why? and What’s it telling us?

Everything in this world is a staged demonstration of what’s happening within us. The Deceiver is our intellect and social programming. The Redeemer and primary weapon against it is our intuition. Our intellect murders our intuition… Cain killing Abel. What it does, is keep you from using your imagination to create a way out of the hell you created In your imagination.

One question worth asking is… why would you as a creator create a creature you can’t control in a world you can’t control? Why is our reality controlling us, instead of the other way around? YOU created this reality in your own imagination, but as soon as you enter it, you become the creature, not the creator. In our subjective or dream state we are the creator, in our objective or waking state we are the creatures we create. Thought and thought forms.

Long story short the suppression of our creative function, aka “imagination” is because it’s the lesser of two evils. It keeps us from imagining a way out of the Hell we’re trying to get thru. We’re using the fear of death to get thru death. It’s a hallmark of human ingenuity, to use the obstacle itself to overcome an impossible obstacle.

Things are changing within us tho. Your dead intuition is being resurrected within you, and it’s bringing with it the gift of Life. The Life you’ve never known in this world, because Life is creation and we can’t have any of that going on around here.

edit on 24-8-2023 by HeirHeart because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2023 by HeirHeart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: HeirHeart

ok, if that is true for you, sorry you have to go through this.
Intuition without intellect? Your intuition is only worth something with intellect.
Because intuition is more or less a method of making choices/decisions.
Intellect is the variety of possible interpretations/orientation-points you can choose from.

i have never created any reality in my mind. I either create dreams in my mind, or have to go through the process of actually building/creating something with my hands/tools/whatever to create sthg in reality.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

So maybe it is creativity when you randomly burp out words, I have doubts, but it for sure isn't art.

because you could also make a fairly easy programm that just puts together a string of 5-6 commands for the image creating AI.

I agree and think people have totally misunderstood what I said.
I am German and know the sentence, but I also like to play devil's advocate.

What I mean is that it takes a kind of creativity to get something less banal than a sunset on the beach out of these things.
Also what about people who are creative and imaginative but can't draw for chits?

They can suddenly realise ideas in image form, when before they could only draw stick men.
The words you give must have a certain mindset behind them to come up with really strange stuff.
I guess it's not that anyone can just say stuff and it will be mysterious or amazing, that will mostly occur when the imaginativity is there.

I used to read the comic Fix und Foxi. In it someone invented a cooking machine. You just put stuff in the too and it spews out a meal.
Turned out that nothing edible came out for the inventor, so he chucked it away.

Oma Eusebia finds it and soon the air is full of lovely smells and beautiful dishes are coming out.
When asked how she got it to work, the answer was
"You have to be abke to cook for it to work."

This is what I am trying to say.
Anyone can chuck words into these AIs and a picture follows, but you can tweak those images too and change them exactly to what you want to express. But only if you have a feel for aesthetic.

Anyone can learn to play an instrument but the music you make up can be boring melodies or if you are musically gifted, can make amazing tunes.

Furthermore I explained that I am no fan of totally AI madwe content at all!
Against, not for.

Does anyone still read posts whilst trying to understand or is everone just skimming for trigger words?
Serious question.

edit on 24-8-2023 by Hecate666 because: Phone typos

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I have been a commercial artist of some kind since I was a kid working in advertising, design, packaging and picture framing, but never in my own right.

Until A.I. came along. I LOVE IT and it is like an invisible connection I never had before that links imagination in a way that is new.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I see your point and agree partly. However to say using AI does not need creativity, is not true.

You confuse creativity with skill. Someone can be very creative and have a lot ideas but not be able to make it happen, because lack of drawing or painting skill. Prompt engineering demands a lot of creativity and thinking out of the box.

Working with AI is a constant creative feedback loop. You need to be creative to come up with the prompt to generate the art. For that you first have to visualize what you want to create and that is the creative part.

AI just does the execution of said creativity into something that isn't solely confined to our mind scape.
edit on 24.8.2023 by TDDAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Ja, dear Peeple, but I am reminded of the cretins who throw paint at walls and then market it as 'art' to equally cretinous buyers.

AI spiegelt was Menschen tun

Or ?

Cheers

new topics

top topics

join