It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Longer A Once In A Lifetime Event?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Continuous light rain/drizzle here since yesterday morning with some intermittent wind thrown in. L.A. Unified Schools are closed today, along with all city parks. Inland is getting it pretty bad but here on the coast it's pretty much a nothing burger.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted. (I'm at work and can't read all three pages, shh).

The ethical skeptic has some interesting theories about exothermic cycles here:

theethicalskeptic.com...

Also, for the more doomy type, check out China.

youtu.be...

...if I did these right.

ETA: I'm old as dirt. I tried, but don't know how to embed the youtube video correctly. At least there's a link.

Cheers
edit on 22-8-2023 by BlackmoonJester because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I noticed you mentioned that the weather has been a bit gloomy with all the rain and drizzle. But hey, at least you're on the coast, right? It's always a relief when we can avoid those kind of dull weather situations.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Prepare for even worse weather....much worse! All the patriciate matter in the atmosphere will bring very heavy rain and snowfall/blizzards this winter.

posted on Aug, 24 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Maybe sooner rather than later too.

The Jetstream is roughly in the same configuration. Although not as perfectly set up, if a storm develops and hits a certain keyhole (115° W, 20° N) it could repeat in short order.

Both of these will likely form depressions and drift WNW and NNW respectively. Just always seems if it happens once in a season, it's that much more likely to happen in a few successive storms. The trailing disturbance seems the more likely of the two. Around the 30th it could be at those coordinates.

Give it an armchair 5-10% chance of repeating in the next few weeks. Way more likely, one will develop and not have enough to really get going, stay a weak Tropical Storm until it dissipates off the coast of Baja. Then the moisture may get sucked up into California again.
edit on 24-8-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhoebeOrr
I noticed you mentioned that the weather has been a bit gloomy with all the rain and drizzle. But hey, at least you're on the coast, right? It's always a relief when we can avoid those kind of dull weather situations.

By the way, have you ever been to any events in Beverly Hills? I heard Beverly Hills Event Sound Production ( lalightingandsound.com... ) puts on some seriously awesome shows. Anyways, hope you stay dry.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join